Concert- Reunion

I heard rumors of another tour. Or at least another show. My dad is terminally ill and he has said that the one thing he would love to do before he passed was to see Led Zepplin play one last time. I don't care where it would be, I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this. I am really hoping that it is not just rumors. I would do anything to send my dad to the show. Thanks!

Hello there, welcome to the forum.

You're asking the question that has dominated much of the discussion since the O2 gig; it's a question that has been explored endlessly in various threads and one that gets a lot of people around here very cross indeed.

There are rumours, counter-rumours, hints picked up from snippits of interviews that the various band members have given, people claiming to have some inside knowledge about Wembley being booked for summer 2009, etc, but as yet in the absence of any official comment from the band the only real answer is that we have no idea. Frankly, until I see the press conference, I'm not going to believe anything.

I'd be surprised if something does not emerge from the O2 success, but my personal opinion (for what it's worth) is that they probably won't do a major tour. But others will disagree with that.

Having said all that, I genuine hope that they do decide to tour 'cos I'd love to se them again.

It would also be nice to think that your Dad's dream could be a reality.

All the very best to both you and him.

I don't think RB above here could have said it any better.

A LZ reunion and tour is akin to next years farmer's almanac.

Speculation at the very best . Something I stay away from in discussion.

All the best to you and your father , and his dream sure would make many happy.

Peace

I donated a Led Zeppelin 3 album autographed by all the band to Jimmy's charity The ABC Trust, it made over £3200, from this i was invited to go to London to meet Jimmy, my father said i was crackers to donate it and played war with me, i thought that it would bring good things to me being charitable, very sadly my dad died before i got the invite to meet my all time childhood hero, and i thought it might have been him up there organising it for me, then i won tickets in the all time world record ballot to see Led Zeppelin at the O2 Arena last year, the day after my birthday, to the best night of my life, what im trying to say is, im very sorry to hear that your dad is termanilly ill, but if you wish for things in life, sometimes dreams come true. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your dad(s). My father and I shared Zeppelin together also - he gave me his Whole Lotta Love mono single when I was young and I shared many shows with him as the years went by. I lost him last month also - seems like Zep has a hand in many generational relationships. Good luck and God bless.

Sadly, I lost my dad, too, in 1993... He wasn't a big fan of Led Zep, but respected that I was/am. He was a pilot and into real estate.

One of my best friend's (here in Atlanta, a sound designer and a big Zep fan like most of us around here ;) dad was also a pilot, who happened to fly JP, RP, Bonzo, JPJ and their wives up to NYC for the premiere of TSRTS in 1976 on a rare night.

R B)

...Now I'm sure I'll get a scathing response for saying this, but it seems that all systems are go with Jimmy, JPJ and Bonzo Jr. But Robert is the one that is holding it up.

Why should you, it is a fact, that the only reason (assuming but not hoping things don't change) that there is not a Led Zeppelin reunion tour. If you wanna argue that go ahead because your wrong,plain and simple there is absoloutley no other reason why they aren't playing lets say later this year (or maybe even ever again).

• 2 weeks later...

I heard rumors of another tour. Or at least another show. My dad is terminally ill and he has said that the one thing he would love to do before he passed was to see Led Zepplin play one last time. I don't care where it would be, I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this. I am really hoping that it is not just rumors. I would do anything to send my dad to the show. Thanks!

[/quote/]

hey this is ledjoint. if u want to find out more about hte led zeppelin tour just go to youtube.com, because i saw an interview with jimmy page on there and he talks about another tour.

p.s. i hope that you and your dad gets to go see led zeppelin

Archived