How to Stop Global Warming.

Global

Yeah but I think that comes from the feeling that Governments have to force people and corporations to go green or to be more environmentally sensitive. And I can see the logic in that, a lot of people and companies could not be bothered, certainly in the past, to make the necessary effort or expense to be more environmentally sensitive.

It just seems a little strange that Bush lying about WMD's "for the greater good" is looked down on while Gore(you know the ex presidential candiate who makes millions from carbon credits) lying about the certainy of the theories behind global warming is perfectly ok.

Nuclear power is not rejected because it doesn't fit in to the 'green image', it's rejected because of public safety concernes due to previous accidents such as Chernobyl and Three Mile Island. Even though the number of accidents is very small, there is still public unease about nuclear energy, and on top of that you also have the problem of where do you safely store the build-up of radioactive waste from thousands of nuclear power plants?

Nuclear power isnt rejected by the public after a well reasoned debate of its pro's an cons its rejected due to the hyped specter of past disasters, the same way GM food was demonized.

It just seems a little strange that Bush lying about WMD's "for the greater good" is looked down on while Gore(you know the ex presidential candiate who makes millions from carbon credits) lying about the certainy of the theories behind global warming is perfectly ok.

Well you see, there's a bit of an 'outcomes' difference between 'lying' to get people to use bio-degradable cutlery, and lying as an excuse to invade a country and kill people...just slightly different issues, there, Greenman...

So I would suggest you just narrow the focus a bit and look at it for what it is instead of trying to get the topic to be fodder for partisan political fighting.

Everyone lies at some point, but I didn't think this was a morality discussion on lying

Well you see, there's a bit of an 'outcomes' difference between 'lying' to get people to use bio-degradable cutlery, and lying as an excuse to invade a country and kill people...just slightly different issues, there, Greenman...

Thats the thing though there not, reducing carbon emissions has the potential to harm vastly more people than the war in Iraq did. Of course they've live in hardside of die quietly from lack of food/education/medical care/shelter in some corner of the 3rd world so it won't make the news and they'll be no outrage.

Reducing carbon emissions isnt just a matter of rich westerns paying slightly more tax or buying different productions/services its likey to cause massive encomic hardship across the entire world. Now if it does prevent a larger disaster that maybe a price worth paying but if action is botched or not needed due to bias its going to be a massive mistake.

• 2 months later...

UN Blowback: More Than 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims

Study: Half of warming due to Sun! –Sea Levels Fail to Rise? - Warming Fears in 'Dustbin of History'

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?Fus...f0-274616db87e6

Remember that all lies are simple manipulation of "facts".

Beware of circular reasoning......

It's very possible the Earth is going through a natural heating phase that we haven't experienced in a thousand years...or 10,000 for that matter.

However, it's absolute fact that we are contributing to polluting our atmosphere and speeding up the process. Anyone who has ever understood a science book can understand how it's definitely happening.

I agree with bigstick. Yeah, we're probably warming up somewhat due to a natural tendency of the Earth, but we aren't helping it much at all. Not saying the world will end up like Al Gore says it will, but I think it's best that we started changing our attitudes towards energy no?

The Headlines from Drudge this morning.....

Vegas: Biggest Snow in 30 years...

WATCH: NYC May Get 6 Inches Tomorrow...

Chicago: One Foot...

FREAK: SNOW IN MALIBU...

Major Winter Storm Parade...

GLOBAL WARMING MARCHES ON ...... :D

Tell Al Gore he can kiss my frozen ass. :lol:

It's snowing like a bastard out here, and a couple days ago it got down to -4 degrees.

The Headlines from Drudge this morning.....

Vegas: Biggest Snow in 30 years...

WATCH: NYC May Get 6 Inches Tomorrow...

Chicago: One Foot...

FREAK: SNOW IN MALIBU...

Major Winter Storm Parade...

Yeahhhha... but it's a warm snoooow :o

Yeahhhha... but it's a warm snoooow :o

Like they say.... Do Not Eat the Yellow Snow.....

Tell Al Gore he can kiss my frozen ass. :lol:

It's snowing like a bastard out here, and a couple days ago it got down to -4 degrees.

And..... Do Not Eat The Yellow Journalism ! ! !

Archived