Best sounding recordings (pre 1975)?

Jiri

There's tons of excellent 73 US tour stuff -- specifically, Denver, Dallas and Detroit in terms of quality, as well as San Diego and San Francisco not far behind (and better performances, IMHO). Many are partial to the performances from the UK/Euro leg early that year.

Orlando 71 is one of my favorites, too.

You must be confused with another boot. The Southampton uni boot only came out in 2007. It was up for consideration of an official release but HTWWW won out. The recording was mixed by Kevin Shirley and some how ended coming out on an unofficial release....... so there is no chance you had this on an LP in 74/75.

There should be a link to them my profile with pictures i boguht 3 lps from swinging pig and to nights are from south hampton uni and the only is the only night from madison square gardens and the rares is froma wiskey a go go or w.e. THey are all marble vynil and are beautiful. And the years on them are either 74 -75 cant remember off the top of my head.

but i do have recordings purchaese last year from southhampton no doubt if i cant find the pics on here ill post them when i get home

There should be a link to them my profile with pictures i boguht 3 lps from swinging pig and to nights are from south hampton uni and the only is the only night from madison square gardens and the rares is froma wiskey a go go or w.e. THey are all marble vynil and are beautiful. And the years on them are either 74 -75 cant remember off the top of my head.

but i do have recordings purchaese last year from southhampton no doubt if i cant find the pics on here ill post them when i get home

[if_what_you_have_really_is_the_1973_south_hampton_university_performance_,_then_its_one

_of_a_kind_and_probably_worth_a_few_grand]

[however_,_it_'_s_highly_unlikely]

[probably_mis_-_labled]

I was mistaken but the date it was 73! your right docron, I know it was 73-75 but after lookign at both parts 73 swinging pig lable. $80.00 / a peice retail / record convention. The two TSRTS one is from uk and one is us. i opened my candian one to watch though the other still sealed

DSC01697.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

DSC01702.jpg

I was mistaken but the date it was 73! your right docron, I know it was 73-75 but after lookign at both parts 73 swinging pig lable. $80.00 / a peice retail / record convention. The two TSRTS one is from uk and one is us. i opened my candian one to watch though the other still sealed

DSC01697.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

DSC01702.jpg

In you're original post you implied that you bought the Southampton recording in 74/75........ Which you did not......... In any case you have paid money for a bootleg, You have been RIPPED OFF. You have a PC so you should be able to find them (Bootlegs) for FREE. ......... I know you're S'ampton is vynyl, but 80 dollars........seems you are easily parted from you're money........Oh if you also paid for that o2 DVD i'll laugh even louder.

lol the money i parted with was no matter to me man, I collect every thing i can from zep and these looked cool. i have to much disposibale imcome maybe to its a need to have everything i dunno. But if its a money vrs product materr i liek the fact there on a vynil if that matters to you lol i couldnt do that myelf. AND i know there boots its a boot thred... i never said it was offcial.

lol the money i parted with was no matter to me man, I collect every thing i can from zep and these looked cool. i have to much disposibale imcome maybe to its a need to have everything i dunno. But if its a money vrs product materr i liek the fact there on a vynil if that matters to you lol i couldnt do that myelf. AND i know there boots its a boot thred... i never said it was offcial.

The fact that you can afford to pay for Boot's (so can i) is not the point, the retail boot industry should be dead and buried. The only people who benefit are the people who make them to sell to the unknowing and the gullible............. Bootlegs are like joints man...If you have one you (make a copy and) pass it on expecting NOTHING in return...........And as for vynyl boots in the 2000s i just don't see the point.but hey, it's up to you.

Lol im not debating that what so ever though and no, I benefitted because i wanted them. I didnt just by them because it was zep i wanted them i have many others its just an addition to my collection.

Also i have other swinging pig lable lps and the quality is amazing... just fyi

Lol im not debating that what so ever though and no, I benefitted because i wanted them. I didnt just by them because it was zep i wanted them i have many others its just an addition to my collection.

Also i have other swinging pig lable lps and the quality is amazing... just fyi

Yeah... but dont'cha keep 'em sealed...you don't play 'em ..right ?.

Whats the best source, it took me a while to get one that sounded decent, and now the one I do have has almost no vocals (which could be a good thing if you like that).

None of the Japan shows I got that were on the list of best ones had very good sound, and Ive come accustomed to audience recordings so I know its not just me.

The copy I have also has almost no vocals or are very distant, but the sound quality is very good. I find it hard to listen to without the vocals.

As far as '73 goes, Offenburg on the 24th of March is a very good aud. recording matching a great performance. There is also Hamburg on the 21st which is a SB. Sound quality is fantastic. Unfortunately, the songs are incomplete. The WLL medley is classic with probably the best versions ever of (You're so square), Baby I Don't Care and Let's Have A Party. The medley also contains one of Jimmy's wildest theramin pieces. The end of LHAP is classic. They don't seem to want to end it. I also purchased the Hamburg show back in the early 90's on cd before I could get these for free. It was called "Baby I Don't Care" on Turtle Records and it was a four way gatefold cover. I thought that was always pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived