Is Robert Plant still a Rock singer

McSeven

I was wondering since Robert is singing with Alison, if he is a different singer now. Can he go back and rock. It just seems like his musical direction is more soft.

I can't imagine him singing over a heavy rock groove anymore. I wonder if he can still sing in that heavy rock style anymore?

Mc7

I was wondering since Robert is singing with Alison, if he is a different singer now. Can he go back and rock. It just seems like his musical direction is more soft.

I can't imagine him singing over a heavy rock groove anymore. I wonder if he can still sing in that heavy rock style anymore?

Mc7

:huh:

Never heard of the Led Zeppelin O2 concert last December? It was AFTER Robert recorded his CD with Alison.

And Robert ROCKED.

I can tell. B)

Robert can rock.

He also enjoys variety and fun, anything that appeals to him or excites him, makes him smile, that sort of thing. He is still basically the same Robert, a human song-carrying vessel.

As long as he is feeling the song, it finds its way through him. He wanders through his garden of songs every day, picks the one that most appeals to him at a given moment, and the song takes on a life for the moment. Once the song is spent, then he finds a new one.

Can 2009 Robert sing rock as hard as 1969 Robert? Nope.

Can anyone else? Nope.

i think robert could if he wanted to. doing it for 2 hours live for over 60 dates might be pushing it.

i also think in some circumstances, robert sings better than ever. his choices, his phrasing, his passion....

when was the last time you saw him live, doc? (you-tube/boots don't count)

for the sake of discussion, i've compiled a short list of vocalists who still sing as well live as they did in 1969:

stevie winwood

stevie wonder

burton cummings

mick jagger

patti labelle

john fogerty

david crosby

aaron neville

not all of these sing rock strictly, but you get my point.

can any sing like robert plant in 1969? nope.

Mc7

Maybe we can blame Robert's sister ;as upon hearing the new collaboration with Alison krauss ,She said too Robert "THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I'VE HEARD YOU SING PROPERLY' Robert has been quoted saying that....The style of singing now with Alison;is in my opinion ;the easy /predictable way that he wants to sing now.He can take the easy way and play it safe by not having to reach the high notes cause the songs are in a key where the high notes are almost non events.If not taken over by the lovely Alison. Its interesting that even THE WHO are waiting for T-Bone Burnett to finish with Robert and Alison;as they (Roger daltry and Pete townsend)are planing on probably going down the same path as Robert has gone."So much for reunions" with the untimely death of one of the founding members of Pink Floyd (Richard Wright)A great music writer piano/organ player .as time goes by the only reunions will be at the funerals of there old band mates .Yes the days of the super groups of the 70's are all but gone and the "sounds" that we all know ,from the people like Robert will be only on C.D or the hardrive on your P.C :console::whistling:

Definitely his voice has changed as he has gotten older. He's not going to be able to sing as he used to, and we know from the O2 that he can't sing the old songs the same way. I guess that's not a bad thing, it's just something that has happened.

Maybe we can blame Robert's sister ;as upon hearing the new collaboration with Alison krauss ,She said too Robert "THAT'S THE FIRST TIME I'VE HEARD YOU SING PROPERLY' Robert has been quoted saying that....The style of singing now with Alison;is in my opinion ;the easy /predictable way that he wants to sing now.He can take the easy way and play it safe by not having to reach the high notes cause the songs are in a key where the high notes are almost non events.If not taken over by the lovely Alison. Its interesting that even THE WHO are waiting for T-Bone Burnett to finish with Robert and Alison;as they (Roger daltry and Pete townsend)are planing on probably going down the same path as Robert has gone."So much for reunions" with the untimely death of one of the founding members of Pink Floyd (Richard Wright)A great music writer piano/organ player .as time goes by the only reunions will be at the funerals of there old band mates .Yes the days of the super groups of the 70's are all but gone and the "sounds" that we all know ,from the people like Robert will be only on C.D or the hardrive on your P.C :console::whistling:

There's nothing easy or predictable about singing harmony which as he has stated, he's not properly done before.

I do think the P/P days were the last time when he really tried to recreate the Percy rock persona lock stock and barrel. I think he has a hard time finding a new guise in order to inhabit which he'll feel comfortable trying to deliver the Zep songs in anything close to its original intensity, assuming he even can. The press was very generous with him in their coverage of the O2, the way they referred to him as the "Viking Elder". He could have just run with that motif if he wanted to, and maybe he will before it's too late. But not right now.

There's nothing easy or predictable about singing harmony which as he has stated, he's not properly done before.

That's why it's predictable and easy for him to sing harmony now with Alison ;because he's never done it properly before ,That's why its easy for him to travel down the collaboration road with Alison ;As for a man of his age ;He can afford to take the easy and predictable Harmonic challenge. :thumbsup:;)

That's why it's predictable and easy for him to sing harmony now with Alison ;because he's never done it properly before ,That's why its easy for him to travel down the collaboration road with Alison ;As for a man of his age ;He can afford to take the easy and predictable Harmonic challenge. :thumbsup:;)

Er...don't see how it's either predictable as this form of music and singing is something he's never done so how is that predictable? And how is it easy when he admitted he had to learn how to find the harmonies and sing them?

Archived