Pseudonyms For Band/Bandmembers

ledzeprolls

they called plant "planty." from what i've heard it's because he likes to grow a garden.

It was Percy after Percy Thrower from some British TV gardening show. He was also sometimes called Bob in some interviews at the time. Of course that's just a shorter version of Robert so it doesn't count.

The Knobs and the New Yardbirds are the only 2 names that Zeppelin was billed as to my knowledge.

I don't think they were ever billed as The New Yardbirds !! I think that if you look at any poster/advert/flyers of the time it says The Yardbirds !!

I know its a bit picky but thought I would say !! if I am wrong then please someone tell me !! :)

Page credited himself as Charles Obscure for the arrangement of Hats Off To Harper.

Of course there was also Pagey and Jonesy.

Plant once referred to Bohnam in an intro to Moby Dick as "The King of the Coffeeshop". Can anyone tell me the date of that show, I'd love to get the full quote again.

Nobs is also slang for the nobility. Knob is British slang for penis. I'd bet neither of these references were lost on the band.

It was Percy after Percy Thrower from some British TV gardening show. He was also sometimes called Bob in some interviews at the time. Of course that's just a shorter version of Robert so it doesn't count.

I know for certain that close friends call him Planty too. I guess there's the connection. That's very interesting. Guitar God, Wizard may apply for JP I dunno.

>>>Rolls :wacko:

I don't think they were ever billed as The New Yardbirds !! I think that if you look at any poster/advert/flyers of the time it says The Yardbirds !!

I know its a bit picky but thought I would say !! if I am wrong then please someone tell me !! :)

It was just the Scandinavian Tour.

I read in the booklet of a Black Sabbath album that someone (must have been some black sabbath member because if not why would they cover the topic there) told Jimmy Page that naming his new band "the new yardbirds" was gonna "go down like a lead zeppelin" and thats where they got the name for the band, only they spelled it LED so that americans wouldnt mispronounce it.

what i wanted to say is, "the NEW yardbirds" was on the table at some point.

Archived