40th anniversary

poortom

Would be great to see them do something for their 40th anniversary, with other well known musicians joining in. We can only hope they do something to celebrate it even if its not with a new live performance maybe an extended release of the 2003 DVD. Would be great to see an offfical release of the Earls Court shows too to replace the shoddy bootleg thats currently been sold in some shops and online.

Yeah, I understood about the New Yardbirds thing. I asked if that site was wrong because you said they didn't played at Surrey University twice that year, but it's written here...

OCTOBER 4 - MAYFAIR BALLROOM, NEWCASTLE, ENGLAND (FRIDAY, START AT 8pm)

Billed as The Yardbirds. Support from Terry Reid's Fantasia, Junco Partners, and Downtown Fraction.

OCTOBER 15 - SURREY UNIVERSITY HALLS, GUILDFORD SURREY, ENGLAND (TUESDAY)

Billed as The Yardbirds.

OCTOBER 18 - MARQUEE CLUB, LONDON, ENGLAND (FRIDAY)

Billed as The Yardbirds. Support from Sleepy.

OCTOBER 19 - LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY, LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND (SATURDAY)

Billed as The Yardbirds. mentioned that this will be the last appearance of the band as "The Yardbirds" and that they will be known as "Led Zeppelin" from Sunday, 10/20/68 on.

OCTOBER 25 - SURREY UNIVERSITY HALLS, GUILDFORD SURREY, ENGLAND (FRIDAY 7:30pm)

Billed as The New Yardbirds. Led Zeppelin debut. Despite the "New Yardbirds" poster, all media references to this gig list the band as "Led Zeppelin".

[...]

that's why I asked. :)

Makes me wonder why then this official website does not have that 15th date at Guildford in the timeline ?? Just looked in the press reports book and it says 25th Guildford (Surrey University) and no mention of a 2nd date as I thought !! Anyway I guess we are splitting hairs but I did make a bold statement so I have to go by that and fall on my sword :) on the poster front well if its real its real..., but I was sure there wasn't one but hey ho :)

Makes me wonder why then this official website does not have that 15th date at Guildford in the timeline ?? Just looked in the press reports book and it says 25th Guildford (Surrey University) and no mention of a 2nd date as I thought !! Anyway I guess we are splitting hairs but I did make a bold statement so I have to go by that and fall on my sword :) on the poster front well if its real its real..., but I was sure there wasn't one but hey ho :)

leddy....quit kicking yourself!

(there are plenty here that will do it for you... :D )

Makes me wonder why then this official website does not have that 15th date at Guildford in the timeline ?? Just looked in the press reports book and it says 25th Guildford (Surrey University) and no mention of a 2nd date as I thought !!

Ok, thanks. There's a discussion in a brazilian forum and some people say that they've read in many books about LZ that say it's 15th. I searched for it in this official website and could only find the 25th date, I showed them and they said 'Just because it's an official website doesn't mean everything is right!'. Then I looked further on the internet and found those websites claiming the 15th date. But I'm sure you know more zep stuff then I do, I'm only 15. So I trust you, of course. Thanks again! :)

(and sorry my bad English)

Ok, thanks. There's a discussion in a brazilian forum and some people say that they've read in many books about LZ that say it's 15th. I searched for it in this official website and could only find the 25th date, I showed them and they said 'Just because it's an official website doesn't mean everything is right!'. Then I looked further on the internet and found those websites claiming the 15th date. But I'm sure you know more zep stuff then I do, I'm only 15. So I trust you, of course. Thanks again! :)

It's a heck of a lot better than our Portuguese. :D

The correct date is Oct 25th 1968 and there is a plaque mounted on the wall at the school commemorating that performance, in addition to the promotional poster above. They absolutely did not perform there Oct 15th, which is why that date isn't in the timeline.

The correct date is Oct 25th 1968 and there is a plaque mounted on the wall at the school commemorating that performance, in addition to the promotional poster above. They absolutely did not perform there Oct 15th, which is why that date isn't in the timeline.

Yes, I got it. :) Thanks!

Your welcome :) I like to think I know but am afriad I am human and I will and do get things wrong all the time. Glad the 25th date has been put to bed ! The poster ; well I got that wrong and was very surprised but you live and you learn :)

Archived