Stock Market Meltdown!

I have got a horsey

Hi all,docron,

OF COURSE THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER IS GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS

No need to shout.Of course we,who else pays?Not the A-holes who got us here in the first place. :rolleyes:

What, do you think just the upper-class people should pay for this!? Why? And on what grounds?

I don't know if this is directed at my comments,so I won't answer.

I've got news for you.., the market crash was as much YOUR fault as it was mine - as it was Paris Hilton's - as it was Bill Gates' - as much as it was any other Joe Six-12-pack...

Now, we have a problem.Paris Hilton?Bill Gates? :blink: I sold my house when I could not afford it anymore.I didn't ask for a loan I could not pay.I payed my credit card,my truck is 12 years old.This had to do with banks,etc,not doing the right thing and others who could not pay.And the government not giving a rat's-arse about the end result.

No why on earth should YOU have to pay any less than anyone else?

Because I am sick of paying for other people's mistakes. :angry:

KB

Hi all,middlezep,

On one hand i cant understand how bankers couldnt balance these books....on the other hand i'm thinking this could be a growing pain of technology. But then again with technology, how could they stop loss...

It's simple,they were cooking them.

KB

Hi all,middlezep,

It's simple,they were cooking them.

KB

But cooking them, with no stop loss...why no -stop loss, or sound banking and communication. Now there is apparently distrust among the banks.

I've heard alot on tv over the last week..and a few mentions of -shadow banking and things that will eventually come to light.

The current USA economic philosopy: socialize losses and privatize gains.

I suspect money will start to flowing into hard assets like oil and gold as prnting presses start rolling out the money

I believe that this philosophy has been in effect for some time now... about 200 plus years if we actually did a logical account of the history. :rolleyes:

Hi all,middlezep,

But cooking them, with no stop loss...why no -stop loss, or sound banking and communication. Now there is apparently distrust among the banks.

I've heard alot on tv over the last week..and a few mentions of -shadow banking and things that will eventually come to light.

What for?The government was allowing this to happen.May&Mac was doing this for years and the goverment said fine!Great!AIG did the same thing.And so did banks,etc around the world.Weeeeeee! <_<

Every day in finance banks,etc,borrow money,lots of money.Now there is NO money to lend,because no one is paying it back.That is why the brains are handing out money,so they can be another flow of credit,get things moving again.That is why the world markets crapped the bed today.No one wants to lend out credit.

KB

Alot of business professors and friends with business degrees who I've recently talked to all agreed on one thing: the stock market will bounce back, if and when it completely crumbles first. Otherwise, the bailout will do absolutely nothing for us because 700billion + 140 billion of bullshit is only about 1/4 of what will actually be needed to spend to fix the problem.

Gee, let's keep pissing away money overseas so we can keep borrowing from China, India and UN. But no, that's unpatriotic to pull out when the "job isn't done." These are the same boneheads who scream all that "America, love it or leave it" bullshit. We'll see if you're still all patriotic (or whatever other catch phrases and slogans you misuse to bad mouth people who might actually have a clue) when this country is really fucked. That hour is coming.

And I agree with "The Nuge," rebellion is a possibility.

war stimulates the economy... where was your professor on that one?

Hi all,docron,

No need to shout.Of course we,who else pays?Not the A-holes who got us here in the first place. :rolleyes:

Now, we have a problem.Paris Hilton?Bill Gates? :blink: I sold my house when I could not afford it anymore.I didn't ask for a loan I could not pay.I payed my credit card,my truck is 12 years old.This had to do with banks,etc,not doing the right thing and others who could not pay.And the government not giving a rat's-arse about the end result.

KB

I've replied to this post of yours the first time around, but I'll try some of these again

Regarding the bold: If by "people who got us here in the first place" you mean the government, you should be informed that they pay taxes just like you and me. Other than that, I can't really figure out what you mean by this...

P.S. explain to me please how its the bank's fault you couldn't afford your home? And don't say out of control interest rates, because surely you knew the risk in your investment?! If not, well that falls back on you. Also, if you'd like to explain what that has to do with Bill Gates and Paris Hilton, I'd love to humor you. It's not their fault they make enough money to afford a home...

Hi all,docron,

KB

In the case of an extreme food shortage and and extreme lack of funds....

I suggest that you:

Eat The RICH

war stimulates the economy... where was your professor on that one?

War stimulates the economy when the economy is asked to produce for the war. We were told the exact opposite. If you remember, doubtful, our troops didn't even have the proper armor the first two years of the war. That wouldn't have happened had we fully gone into war-production-mode. The economy was staying afloat because gas prices slowly rose and people paid regardless and continued spending money (mostly credit) on things they "thought" were safe: houses, cars, college investmants, etc. When it started becoming obvious to everyone on (forgive the term) "main street" that things were other than safe, the economy came to a halt, almost overnight like it did in the spring. And slowly, the cracks that had always been there began to grow and crumble. We, as a nation, put so much money on credit abroad, we successfully bankrupted the entire world, aside from China.

but of course it's not all doom and gloom is it ? ..... well not for one or two lucky individuals.

How about for instance, Richard Fuld - big cheese at FAILED investment bank Lehman Brothers. (Has pocketed a cool $300 MILLION (or more) over the last 8 years).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7655178.stm

nice work if you can get it - I for one would be more than happy with failing to that extent :angry:

Obama, ACORN, and the Financial Crisis

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Blog/Default.aspx?id=279960

Yeah, they should get Palin right on that :rolleyes:

Rolling around in the mud seems to be her area of expertise. On a bright note...when they lose the election I see a future for Ms. Palin in the mud ring! Her opponents can come into the ring to get a 'Palin flaylin'....I'm sure male republicans all would pay big bucks for that opportunity :)

Obama, ACORN, and the Financial Crisis

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Blog/Default.aspx?id=279960

And on a related note..

ACORN Raided: Fraudulent Voter Registrations found

ACORN's LasVegas offices were raided tuesday after many complaints were recieved about "erroneous" registrations. Voter cards were found using false addresses,some being duplicates and even some using the entire starting line up of the Dallas Cowboys

This isnt the first time ACORN has been under investigation for fraudulent voter cards as there are atleast 9 on-going investigations in the use of fraudulent voter cards from ACORN in Wisconsin, Indiana, New Mexico and other states.

The state of washington says ACORN commited the "worse case of election fraud" in the states history with 1,800 cards submitted and all of the cards being fake, with that being said 27,000 more voter cards were recently rejected for the same reason.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=73901

^I really want to know how an organization designed to get people into houses is the blame for whats going on. thats wayyy to political, get real and care about other people.

“ACORN succeeded in drawing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into the very policies that led to the current disaster.” ACORN put pressure on banks by threatening them with accusations of racism if they didn’t give loans to minorities, even if they were completely unqualified.

The stock market has dropped ~2000 points since about September 20th.

Down, down, down she goes,

i6xohl.jpg

And once again, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, today down 679 pts., 7 days of plummeting in a row. Funny, when Wall St. thought the bill wasn't going to pass, the mkt. went up. After it's passed, it's dropped like a fucking boulder.

BIG MISTAKE !

Let the free market reign, some winners some losers, the government should've stayed COMPLETELY out of it.

Speaking for the US.... the "Economy" was originally from agriculture.....then the agricultural economy was replaced with things due to the Industrial Revolution. Somewhere along the way, we replaced the economy with a "Financial" Economy.....

And there lies the rub..... A better economy is things, and --not-- finances....

Look at China.... an economy based on things..... They had more cash on hand than most....

I like an economy based on something that I can easily see... like things....

Financial "Black Boxes" and unregualted Credit Default Swaps -

-- NO THANKS !!

Archived