Stock Market Meltdown!

I have got a horsey

didnt realise you two were minors!!

all discussions with kids are off limits

sorry but i have to ignore you from now on - your'e both too young.

apologies for not realising this sooner

Umm. I tried to help, but if you insist on keeping it up. Leave me out of it ok?

didnt realise you two were minors!!

all discussions with kids are off limits

sorry but i have to ignore you from now on - your'e both too young.

apologies for not realising this sooner

I was about to apologise but really? I'm not sure what to say.

Save this: You're a bitch. A stupidass bitch. carry on

It was quite maddening hearing Congress grill the Big 3 execs about money managing when they fucked us over more than anyone. Fuck Congress.

No Wait ! ! ! Congres is grilling the former Exces of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac......

I think that THEY have Fucked over America more than anyone else !!!!!!

Raines is so FUCKING arrogant !

Barney Frank is partly to blame because he sucked at his job. However, it's important to note that there isn't a whole lot he could have done...He couldn't get the legislation he wanted because the Republicans weren't allowing it. Still, he had other options...but he's a douche so who cares?

In regards to a car czar for the auto industry, dont know how good an idea that is. How can anyone expect a whole industry to suddenly change in an economic environoment like this, while apparently about to go out of business. You'd think the auto industry would need to ramp up to big change and what if the changes failed, could be the end of those companies. Gov't requirements for change after complete economic recovery seems to make more sense, but i'm just going on what i've heard on the news.

car czar, sounds weird, seems like a bad idea.

pontiac aztec suv, looks weird, was a bad idea.

It would be great to see the industry roll out some technology that is revolutionary, like this car the volt, which supposedly is.

Saw on the news that foreclosure is up 28% from last yr. These times don't seem like times of sudden change.

In regards to a car czar for the auto industry, dont know how good an idea that is. How can anyone expect a whole industry to suddenly change in an economic environoment like this, while apparently about to go out of business. You'd think the auto industry would need to ramp up to big change and what if the changes failed, could be the end of those companies. Gov't requirements for change after complete economic recovery seems to make more sense, but i'm just going on what i've heard on the news.

car czar, sounds weird, seems like a bad idea.

pontiac aztec suv, looks weird, was a bad idea.

It would be great to see the industry roll out some technology that is revolutionary, like this car the volt, which supposedly is.

Saw on the news that foreclosure is up 28% from last yr. These times don't seem like times of sudden change.

Do we really want a "Nationalized" car industry ? ? ?

Think "Russian" made cars ......

But commrade.... an standard Govt. AM radio burns less energy than an Bose FM/CD system ......

And we want our Caron footprint to be small don't we ? ? ? ?

I really don't think so ! ! !

• 2 weeks later...

World faces "total" financial meltdown: Bank of Spain chief

Dec 21 11:40 AM US/Eastern

The governor of the Bank of Spain on Sunday issued a bleak assessment of the economic crisis, warning that the world faced a "total" financial meltdown unseen since the Great Depression.

"The lack of confidence is total," Miguel Angel Fernandez Ordonez said in an interview with Spain's El Pais daily.

"The inter-bank (lending) market is not functioning and this is generating vicious cycles: consumers are not consuming, businessmen are not taking on workers, investors are not investing and the banks are not lending.

"There is an almost total paralysis from which no-one is escaping," he said, adding that any recovery -- pencilled in by optimists for the end of 2009 and the start of 2010 -- could be delayed if confidence is not restored.

Ordonez recognised that falling oil prices and lower taxes could kick-start a faster-than-anticipated recovery, but warned that a deepening cycle of falling consumer demand, rising unemployment and an ongoing lending squeeze could not be ruled out.

"This is the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression" of 1929, he added.

Ordonez said the European Central Bank, of which he is a governing council member, would cut interest rates in January if inflation expectations went much below two percent.

"If, among other variables, we observe that inflation expectations go much below two percent, it's logical that we will lower rates."

Regarding the dire situation in the United States, Ordonez said he backed the decision by the US Federal Reserve to cut interest rates almost to zero in the face of profound deflation fears.

Central banks are seeking to jumpstart movements on crucial interbank money markets that froze after the US market for high-risk, or subprime mortgages collapsed in mid 2007, and locked tighter after the US investment bank Lehman Brothers declared bankruptcy in mid September.

Interbank markets are a key link in the chain which provides credit to businesses and households.

Perhaps Brittney could apply a US Govt. to Bail Out her Empire:

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A court has put a higher value on being Britney Spears' father this year: about $75 an hour.

For helping his daughter through her turbulent period, Jamie Spears on Monday was awarded an additional $51,000 payout, reflecting an increase in his monthly payments since he took over his 27-year-old daughter's affairs in February.

Jamie Spears had been receiving $10,000 a month for his work, but Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Reva Goetz increased that amount to approximately $16,000 per month and agreed to give him backpay.

He was also granted an additional $1,200 monthly payment so he can maintain and office, which Goetz said was justified by his work getting his daughter's personal life - and music career - back on track.

• 3 months later...

I knew this would happen.

LONDON (Reuters) - British singers Paul McCartney, Elton John and Mick Jagger have lost large chunks of their personal fortunes during the economic crisis over the last year, according to a rich list published on Friday.

Along with many of the world's richest people, their wealth has been eroded by sharp falls in the value of property, shares and other investments, the annual survey for the Sunday Times newspaper said.

reuters.com

Well no kidding, it was only a matter of time. When that much of your money is stuck in the stock market and property values, shits gonna happen when the economy takes a nosedive. That's how the system works.

Yep! just have to learn to cut back and say own 2 porshes instead of 4 :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

For all you out there that realize the info we get through the normal media outlets is mire distraction I have three books of interest that can help clarify our present situation.

Paul Krugman's=The Conscience Of A Liberal

Ha-Joon Chang's=The Myth Of Free Trade And The Secret History Of Capitalism

Naomi Klein's=Shock Doctrine

There's also an interesting film to be viewed on-line called "Zietgist"

Remember information is freedom but the information has to be credible.

I also advocate tuning into www.democracynow.org

Your blood might boil but isn't that the first step towards change.

George Orwell's =1984 which I've read and reread over the years and have recently reread once again becomes more and more the reality which is very very alarming!

The market tried to regain lost points during the last minutes of trading for the day.

8,409.85 down.gif -102.43 -1.20%

moneycentral.msn.com

Here's another article to read from Steve Quayle's World:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/134820-the...e-has-to-say-it

Since the economy began sliding downhill in late 2007, mainstream economic and market experts have consistently erred on the sunny side.

As late as June 2008, mainstream consensus held that the U.S. was heading for a "soft landing" and would avoid recession. Several months later, the slump was acknowledged to have started in January 2008, but we were supposed to see renewed growth by mid-2009, with unemployment peaking in the eight-to-nine percent range. A quick "shovel-ready" stimulus bag was supposed to set us back on the road to prosperity.

In January, recovery projections were pushed forward to late 2009. Today, the consensus is for a mid-2010 recovery, with unemployment peaking at just over 10 percent. Clearly, the mainstream has struggled to catch up to reality for well over one year. What are the chances that they finally have it right this time?

Meltdown (very scary word after Three Mile Island), Stress Test ( also scary for those who have had an MI particularly if they've failed one), Global Crisis (again scary and beyond ones ability to understand), Unemployment rising (again scary cuz you could be next). Basically shock after shock after shock. It's a research supported fact that an individual in a state of shock is highly vulnerable. Are we being had as we collective reel in this "state of shock"? Where'd all the money go?

Archived