Robert Plant, Sheryl Crow join Levon Helm in Nashville

Memphis

Greetings everyone,

I didn't see this posted yet and wondered if anyone got to go and check it out?

The Levon Helm Band Wednesday night was joined on stage at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville by former Led Zeppelin front man Robert Plant; pop rocker Sheryl Crow; and Helm's fellow Arkansas native, fellow actor and fellow drummer, Billy Bob Thornton, along with other music luminaries.

— Plant and Allison Krauss, who performed “Black Girl”

For the full article:

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pb.../ENT04/80918001

For information, visit www.levonhelm.com, www.robertplant.com and www.americanamusic.org

It's great that Levon is still going strong. This would have been great to hear--I hope Plant and Krauss will continue performing Black Girl. (Was hoping he might have performed with Sheryl Crow, just because that would have been an interesting combination.)

I would give anything to see Robert and Alison with Ralph Stanley. That would blow me away.

Sheryl was there, though. (Didn't see Ralph's name mentioned, anyway.) That's why I mentioned that particular pairing. I can actually think of lots more intriguing collaborations--such as with Joan Armatrading. B)

Ralph Stanley was not there. He is actually on the road. I agree that he and Sheryl would be an interesting collaboration. Singing with Ralph would be pure history, I am not sure how it would sound, but it would be historic. Sort of like singing with Johnny Cash during his later years. Did Robert ever perform with Johnny Cash?

I will post a report from the Americana Awards later (very late).

Thanks for this - wonder if it's on YouTube yet?

Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road with special guests performing Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" at the Ryman Auditorium on 9/17/08. Guests include Delbert McClinton, John Hiatt, Sheryl Crow, Steve Earle, Allison Moorer, Sam Bush, Buddy Miller and Billy Bob Thornton.

Allison Krauss and Robert Plant joined in earlier for Leadbelly's "In the Pines (Where Did You Sleep Last Night?)", but were not apart of the group for this encore singalong to close out a 2.5+ hour plus show at the Mother Church in Nashville.

Robert Plant: Where Did You Sleep Last Night/Gallows Pole 2007 Slovenia

My Girl - In The Pines - Where Did You Sleep Last Night

Looks like Robert was sneakin' around the Nashville oneway crossroads again haha

I was checking out Youtube and a few different websites to see if there were any goodies posted yet but didn't find anything

Love the links you posted EL'

A pairing up of Sheryl Crow and Robert Plant would be really interesting or a threesome with Sheryl, Allison and Robert would be nice too...I bet their voices would blend really nicely.

I agree, Aqua - Sheryl with Robert would be a very intriguing combination.

Hey Memphis, you a Robertson Davies fan? I vaguely remember your avatar image is the... I want to say Manticore.

Yup...that's the Manticore and the books are really interesting. I kind of think the Manticore looks a bit Plant like haha :)

A pairing up of Sheryl Crow and Robert Plant would be really interesting or a threesome with Sheryl, Allison and Robert would be nice too...I bet their voices would blend really nicely.

that would some interesting tones. but not for an album though.

that would some interesting tones. but not for an album though.

Haha you never know...since it hasn't happen yet it's gotta a 99% chance of being a good thing haha but what's funny about Sheryl Crow is many people don't give her her due but for me, I admired her from the beginning and have been amazed by the things she has done that have been things many people wouldn't have considered being fruitful like working with Kid Rock and having that hit song "Picture" and working with Stevie Nicks so I have faith that if Sheryl and Robert were to pair up something interesting would rise up and bite us haha I still think the Dolly Patron, Alison Krauss and Robert Plant threesome would be interesting haha ;)

I'm always set on "Why not" :D

• 10 months later...
This is going to be on PBS soon-depending on your local affiliate's schedule.

In the Twrn Cities it's going to be on Sept 27th (TPT LIFE) 10PM CST.

It has already aired on the Nashville Public Television channel. It is a great show but there is no footage of the Plant and Krauss appearance.

Archived