Most Hilarious Movie Ever Made

danelectro59

Oh yeah, the toilet roll scene was just classic... :D

But Airplane was not only hysterically funny, but launched that whole dead-pan comedy genre. Leslie Nielsen made a great TV show just after Airplane called Police Squad, that was a great show.

Although I never laughed in a cinema as hard as what I did when I was watching Borat. I actually slid off my chair during the naked wrestling scene.

I didn't know "dead-pan" comedy was that recent, it's my favorite type of comedy. Would you say that Gene Wilder does dead-pan? I LOVE him to pieces.

A recent movie I found hilarious is Tropic Thunder.

I didn't know "dead-pan" comedy was that recent, it's my favorite type of comedy. Would you say that Gene Wilder does dead-pan? I LOVE him to pieces.

A recent movie I found hilarious is Tropic Thunder.

If you like Gene Wilder, then you're sure to like this scene from Stir Crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbEVhaOWJnA

Damn right!

john snorts the top of his coca cola bottle.

norm: are you listening to me, lennon?

john: you're a swine. inne, george?

george: yeahr, a swine.

norm: thanks. hey!

everyone: WHO'S THAT LI'TLE OLD MAN?

Man, how much I love the train scene! I was so exited to see the film the first time (I was 12 and horribly in love with Paul), and I nearly died of laughing...

Not much has changed...

Wonder if Magical Mystery Tour will ever see the light of day again.

"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World".......Not all of it, but the scene with Buddy Hackett and Mickey Rooney while Jim Backus is flying the plane while drunk on "Old Fashions"...that's some classic shit. When Jimmy Durante actually kicks the bucket.....Jonathan Winters destroying the Gas Station...and the classic line...."Will somebody tell the old bag to shut up ?

madworld1.jpg

I have to agree with you. "IAMMMMW" is truely the GREATEST comedy of all time. With such an all star line up of comedians, there will never be another comedy of such weight.

MAD2.jpg

madmadmad2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melville Crump: The man said there was a certain amount of money buried down in this park.

Lennie Pike: That's right. It was under a big W. Say what is a big W?

Ding Bell: If we find out, we'll send you a wire.

Melville Crump: It's only a possibility now, it's only a possibility that this man was telling the truth. And if it was the truth, then it is a fact that this place is almost 200 miles away. Now I suggest that we quietly get into our cars and drive down there at a safe, sound speed, keeping each other in sight of each other. And then when we get down there, we dig up the money - providing there is some money there. And if we do find it, we share it amongst us in a simple manner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ding Bell: Ah, this is hopeless. We're gonna get *noplace* if we're gonna continue listening to *this* old bag.

Benjy Benjamin: What are you trying to do, lady? You trying to split us up so it becomes every man for *himself*?

Ding Bell: ...And every woman for HIMself?

Mrs. Marcus: One more funny remark from you, buster...

Benjy Benjamin: Now look! We've figured it seventeen different ways, and each time we figured it, it was no good, because no matter how we figured it, somebody don't like the way we figured it! So now, there's only one way to figure it. And that is, every man, including the old bag, for himself!

Ding Bell: So good luck, and may the best man *win*!

Benjy Benjamin: Except you lady: may *you* just *drop dead*!

Lennie Pike: All right, we all agree on that. Now look, let's be sensible about this. There's money in this for all of us. Right? There's enough for you, and there's enough for you, and for you, and there's enough for... [they all race to their cars]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J. Russell Finch: You want me to tell you something? As far as I'm concerned the whole British race is practically finished. If it hadn't been for lend-lease. If we hadn't have kept your whole country afloat by giving you billions that you never even said "Thank you" for, the whole phony outfit would be sunk right under the Atlantic years ago.

[Hawthorne screeches to a stop]

J. Russell Finch: What are you stopping for?

J. Algernon Hawthorne: Get out of this machine.

J. Russell Finch: Get out? You can't...

J. Algernon Hawthorne: It's my machine, I will do as I bloody well please. Out!

J. Russell Finch: I'm awfully sorry. I've been very edgy today and if I said anything about England, I apologize.

J. Algernon Hawthorne: Glad to hear you say so.

J. Algernon Hawthorne: I must say that if I had the grievous misfortune to be a citizen of this benighted country, I should be the most hesitant of offering any criticism whatever of any other.

J. Russell Finch: Wait a minute, are you knocking this country? Are you saying something against America?

J. Algernon Hawthorne: Against it? I should be positively astounded to hear anything that could be said FOR it. Why the whole bloody place is the most unspeakable matriarchy in the whole history of civilization! Look at yourself! The way your wife and her strumpet of a mother push you through the hoop! As far as I can see, American men have been totally emasculated- they're like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis while their women sit under hairdryers eating chocolates & arranging for every 2nd Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day! And this infantile preoccupation with bosoms. In all time in this Godforsaken country, the one thing that has appalled me most of all this this prepostrous preoccupation with bosoms. Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in American culture: in literature, advertising and all fields of entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight.

The Blues Brothers....John Belushi and Dan Akroyd...great Combo.

Life of Brian.... Python at its best

and I must admit I cried with laughter the first time I saw Weekend at Bernies who would have thought a dead guy would steal the show.

Zoolander...I'm still trying to pull off the "Blue Steel" look B)

Life of Brian.... Python at its best

Thank you - I was beginning to think the whole thread would go by without anyone mentioning the real funniest film of all time. I must admit, 'Blazing saddles' is pretty good too.

anything by : THE MARX BROTHERS

MEL BROOKS

MONTY PYTHON

Young Frankenstein holds a special place in my heart, so many lines in that one ( see my sig ). Gene Wilder is a genius. i also loved his other movie see no evil, hear no evil. what a great idea for a movie.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a woman?

This Is Spinal Tap. :P

Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of...

Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Don't know about you, but I enjoy a good side splitter from time to time. I like them better than any other type of film and have seen literally hundreds, maybe thousands of them. It's hard to choose an ultimate favorite, but if I had to pick a movie that had me in stitches from beginning to end it would probably be Airplane. I think my gut hurt for a week after laughing so much.

Ditto! Airplane

Don't know about you, but I enjoy a good side splitter from time to time. I like them better than any other type of film and have seen literally hundreds, maybe thousands of them. It's hard to choose an ultimate favorite, but if I had to pick a movie that had me in stitches from beginning to end it would probably be Airplane. I think my gut hurt for a week after laughing so much.

How's it going "danelectro59" as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? This is another good question. There have been so many great comedy movies made through the years that it is hard to choose a favorite. My favorite actress of all-time is the late great Natalie Wood so I will choose Sex & The Single Girl" and "The Great Race" with co-star Tony Curtis. Have any of you seen the movie "Love Stinks" starring French Stewart and Bridgette Wilson? That was also one funny movie. ROCK ON!

1) This Is Spinal Tap

2) No Time For Sergeants (1957 Andy Griffith classic)

3) A Fish Called Wanda

4) It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1962)

5) National Lampoon's Vacation

6) Airplane

7) Caddyshack

8) Pink Panther (Peter Sellers)

9) Monty Python & the Holy Grail

10) Naked Gun (1st one)

honorable mention: Mel Brooks' classics: History of the World Part 1, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstain

My top 10 list

R B)

How's it going "danelectro59" as well as my fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? This is another good question. There have been so many great comedy movies made through the years that it is hard to choose a favorite. My favorite actress of all-time is the late great Natalie Wood so I will choose Sex & The Single Girl" and "The Great Race" with co-star Tony Curtis. Have any of you seen the movie "Love Stinks" starring French Stewart and Bridgette Wilson? That was also one funny movie. ROCK ON!

Natalie Wood was one of the most beautiful women to ever grace a motion picture screen. Words cannot describe, and I believe if she were still alive, she would be as beautiful as ever.

No, I have never seen "Love Stinks" but if I get a chance, I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip :D

Archived