New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

:lol: :lol: so now because of allison krauss we loose ROBERT PLANT in the reunion and they will not be called LED ZEPPELIN anymore... is she and her music really worth that, i don't think so... how can robert plant prefer that and not participate in the reunion... i don't understand it..

and by the way I HATE ALLISSON KRAUSS <_< from now on ... she ruined everything

i wouldn't say it's HER fault, it's not anybody's fault. it's what robert chooses to do, no big deal, the rest will move on.

but who knows what will happen, we hurry up and wait now.

Mixed feelings about this. I can't see them touring as Led Zeppelin without Robert. Touring under another name with new material would be sensible to me. They can't wait around on

Robert anymore. The guys aren't getting any younger and Richard Wright's death brings everything back to reality.

When you say there is alot of truth in the article, is that because you think or know that they will tour as Zep without him or that they will call the band another name with a new singer doing Zep stuff??

Hi Leddy,

New singer, new material, new name (and Led Zeppelin songs performed in concerts).

Jimmy Page is rising.

:lol: :lol: so now because of allison krauss we loose ROBERT PLANT in the reunion and they will not be called LED ZEPPELIN anymore... is she and her music really worth that, i don't think so... how can robert plant prefer that and not participate in the reunion... i don't understand it..

You honestly think he doesn't have a mind of his own, then? :rolleyes: He only does what Alison Krauss hypnotized him into doing?

This anti-Krauss crap is such bullshit, sorry.

Oh dear, here we go AGAIN, blaming Alison for everything. :rolleyes:

Hi Leddy,

New singer, new material, new name (and Led Zeppelin songs performed in concerts).

Jimmy Page is rising.

could be good !!

With the very formidable John Paul Jones at his side. Who is there better for Jimmy to work with?

Nobody, JPJ and Jimmy together again could create something very special as JPJ would always enhance and fill out jimmy's ideas in the past like Kashmir.

If JP and JPJ (and Bonham) are on a roll and raring to go, they should. Time is not on their side.

It would be much better and great to have RP. If the fill in can blast it and hit the high notes consistently like RP used to be able to do, then there is an upside.

Did the singer from Wolfmother move to Florida? LOL. The other two Wolfmother members split recently and, oddly enough, the rumor is that they will be replaced with the bassist/drummer of the Raconteurs. A Jack White side band. Hmm, so maybe HE is available, . . .

Edited by dhuggins

No Robert, no Zeppelin. I'll take the other 3, preferably with new music, I just don't think they should call it LZ. If I had to bet on it one way or the other, my guess is our boy Percy will be on board when the mighty Zeppelin takes off.

I highly doubt that Robert will be joining the other three. Robert isn't fond of receiving ultimatums is my guess. The games are starting!

I have no problem with them calling themselves Zeppelin, without Percy. As far as Im concerned, anytime Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason play together, it's Zeppelin. This is fantastic news, regardless if Rob comes aboard. Afterall, you have 3 of the best MUSICIANS in the world playing together again. :yay:

Edited by Stevedore

I have a big problem with them calling themselves Zeppelin without Plant. They are indeed great musicians, but Plant is also not just a great singer but a great frontman and the "face" of Zeppelin. I'm really looking forward to what the J's come up with, but it won't be Zeppelin. Period. (Since when did Jason become a defining member of Zeppelin, but not Plant?) And I think they have more integrity than to call it Zeppelin.

Alison is not ruining anything. Robert is the one that initiated the joint venture and he is free to end it at any time after October 5. Alison had a very successful music career long before Robert came along and she will have it long after he is gone. (And the same can be said for Robert). The issues preventing Robert from reuniting with his former band mates are originating in ENGLAND, not Nashville.

The true Zeppelin belonged to the 70's with both Robert and John Bonham as members that could never be replaced. Whatever the future holds with Jimmy and JPJ is the next best thing to the original which will never be duplicated. Whatever it is, it will be exciting if nothing else.

A clue! A CLUE!

The new singer is...A GIRL!!!

:D

Alison Krauss isn't from Florida by any chance, is she?

Thinking this over, if a Led Zep reunion isn't happening, I could live with a new band consisting of the three J's and a.n.other

As long as they don't call themselves Led Zeppelin.

...and concentrate on new material.

The use of the name "Led Zeppelin" , belongs to jimmy p and maybe Atlantic.

Robert sold out all rights many years ago. To Page. I am sure Robert gets his

share of songwrighting credits, in the form of monthly checks. But he is prolly

pissed about it. Hindsight is 60/20. Who Knew what would come down the road

30 years later? Who could blame him for selling?

Jimmy Page certainly can use the Zeppelin name, with an Atlantic Records blessing.

It would do more for the entire music industry than if Elvis were found alive,

and still in the building.