New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Don't most of these "stories" start with..... "My uncle knows a guy who's brother knows someone that has a sister that overheard something at a party from a guy who knows Jimmy Page" kind of stuff??? :rolleyes:

We all need to relax, until something official is released....Then go Crazy!!! :banana:

Don't most of these "stories" start with..... "My uncle knows a guy who's brother knows someone that has a sister that overheard something at a party from a guy who knows Jimmy Page" kind of stuff??? :rolleyes:

We all need to relax, until something official is released....Then go Crazy!!! :banana:

Right. But in the meantime it's fun to chat about the possibilities... vent frustrations... nurse hopes... ain't it?

The bottom line: they'll do what they're doing regardless. I know it doesn't sound very profound. I agree with the most common view here... Percy is under no obligation to go with Zep if he doesn't want to (no matter how badly we all want him to) and he's perfectly entitled to continue his musical career as he sees fit... but - so are the rest of them. No offense, but Percy has no right to deprive them of this chance. A new name would be highly appropriate. And yeah, I'd go see Jimmy in a heartbeat, with anybody else onboard (if he deemed them worthy, who am I to disagree?)... use up my vacation time and money - praying they'll play US West not even necessarily my hometown... I'd even go to another state... Just having this faint flicker of hope is lovely. Say it's not true? :)

a short list of floridians that have made a name in music as a vocalist:

gloria estefan-miami sound machine

rob thomas-matchbox 20

pat boone-white leather shoes, white boy tutti frutti

roger mcguinn-big byrd

lennon murphy-solo singer

scott stapp-creed

rex smith-70's heartthrob, broadway musical artist

tom petty-rock icon

jim morrison-deceased door

1. There is nobody, I mean nobody in music whom I like less than Rob Thomas. I'd rather they chose P Diddy and/or Leona.
  2. Since we're talking about vocalists from Florida, I think you left out one of the greats; Gregg Allman.

Just jumped on to see if there was any news. Read the first six pages then skipped to the end.

All I know from being on this board for awhile is that when SteveAJones comments, he is usually on the money.

I'll agree with those who have the opinion that a tour with a replacement lead singer would be no good. Not Led Zep without the MAN!

Wonder if they've considered touring without a singer? We fans could just sing the lyrics :D

1. There is nobody, I mean nobody in music whom I like less than Rob Thomas. I'd rather they chose P Diddy and/or Leona.
  2. Since we're talking about vocalists from Florida, I think you left out one of the greats; Gregg Allman.

mstork, you are always spot on, i must say. i did leave out greg allman, and were he on that list, he wouldbe the best singer on it.

hands down.

isn't there some audio out there somewhere with greg allman singing some zeppelin with govt. mule?

dazed and confused, maybe?

We here and at other Zep sitesa re dedicated fans of the band.

However we have to think wider than our own needs wants and perceptions.

As a marketing venture going out with the name Led Zeppelin would sell tickets far quicker than any other name chiosen even though Jimmy and Jonesy are in the band. That I think most people would agree with.

However the so called outside world would expect Robert Plant to be part of that named band on stage would they not cos i think I can safely say that people have in passing, down the years associated the name Robert Plant with the band Led Zeppelin.

I think they would expect him to be with Jimmy and Jonesy.

Would this put some people off going if they don't know the singer?

Would they buy an album without Robert plant on it in the name of led zeppelin. Would they feel short changed or would they embrace a new singer?

Lets face it Roberts a fucking hard act to follow

In fact just how are we here going to react when we hear a new incarnation without RP?

Perhaps those who say "stuff Robert Plant" may suddenly be clamouring for him.

We live in interesting times B)

My thoughts exactly. And the outside world will call them Led Zeppelin no matter what name they use. Will probably even modify it to say "Led Zeppelin, the ones who did Stairway to Heaven" or "Jimmy Page, the guy who played at Olympic handover ceremony with LEONA LEWIS".

a short list of floridians that have made a name in music as a vocalist:

gloria estefan-miami sound machine

rob thomas-matchbox 20

pat boone-white leather shoes, white boy tutti frutti

roger mcguinn-big byrd

lennon murphy-solo singer

scott stapp-creed

rex smith-70's heartthrob, broadway musical artist

tom petty-rock icon

jim morrison-deceased door

Not my heartthrob....I had a minor altercation with that dude when his band was doing the club scene in my college town prior to his (fleeting) fame. :angry:

I'm hoping the passing of Rick Wright (RIP, my friend) will open up Robert's eyes. If he keeps waiting, he might not get the chance. If everything is truthfull, then I agree with the way John Paul, Jimmy, and Jason are handling it. This might be the final convincing push Robert needs to finally get over himself and take that mic like the God he is. If not, then I'd still be happy to see Jimmy, John Paul, and Jason with a new singer. I wasn't around in the 70's to see Zeppelin, so seeing three quarters of them is damn good enough for me. Arnel Pineda did an incredible job with Journey at the show I was at. And David Grohl = NO

Err, isn't one of the perks of being a God is that Gods don't need to get over themselves? :blink:

Just jumped on to see if there was any news. Read the first six pages then skipped to the end.

All I know from being on this board for awhile is that when SteveAJones comments, he is usually on the money.

I'll agree with those who have the opinion that a tour with a replacement lead singer would be no good. Not Led Zep without the MAN!

Wonder if they've considered touring without a singer? We fans could just sing the lyrics :D

True that.....as is Knebby.

* watching for more clues *

Percy is under no obligation to go with Zep if he doesn't want to (no matter how badly we all want him to) and he's perfectly entitled to continue his musical career as he sees fit... but - so are the rest of them. No offense, but Percy has no right to deprive them of this chance.

He never has deprived them of any chance. Why can Jimmy or JPJ or Jason only go ahead with their musical careers if Robert's involved? There's been nothing to stop Jimmy playing all these years, and occasionally he's actually done it (see Black Crowes). It's ludicrous to suggest the others are only capable of playing with one singer. Of course we'd like to see Robert involved, but he's not depriving poor Jimmy of his career if he (RP) chooses a different path.

With the very formidable John Paul Jones at his side. Who is there better for Jimmy to work with?

No sh*t. I can't wait to hear what JPJ and Page put together. Hopefully some more aggressive Zooma-style 8, 10, and 12-string monster bass riffs with some real guitar solos on top.

What if Jimmy really did go out as Zeppelin without Robert would we all go but feel like this isn't right or would we all go and think this is cool ??

I would lose a lot of respect for Jimmy if he did that. He won't do it. They will certainly be Zeppelin in spirit, but not in name.

Let's just wait for an official announcement, You must remember that this project with or without Robert will never truely be Led Zeppelin. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but it is the truth

Jason Bonham lived in Florida up until very recently, no? He can sing vocals! :D

It will not ever be Led Zeppelin my man. I'll buy you a beer at the Yale anytime you like but, it will not be Zeppelin. Bonzo quite simply is not there. No Zeppelin

It will not ever be Led Zeppelin my man. I'll buy you a beer at the Yale anytime you like but, it will not be Zeppelin. Bonzo quite simply is not there. No Zeppelin

Who was that band that played in December 10th of 2007 at the 02? Please lets not get into this again.

A 14 page thread over this.... No Robert, no Zep.

Can ANYONE understand what this thread is about?! It is titled New singer for Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason. We already know they've been in the studio working on new music! No one EVER claimed it was a Zep tour!This is a solo project that happens to involve JPJ and Jason Bonham. Now they will pick a new singer for their NEW GROUP!

Is this clear for everyone?!

Over and Out.

Archived