New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Yeah ,Like jimmy and john paul played at wembley with the Foo's. Did Jimmy ask to play with them.Pull ya head in, if course dave Grohl would want to take control.Jimmy just wants to play and be seen again. :hysterical:B)

Why does a musician wanting to jam with other musicians have to mean anything beyond what it was - jamming on stage at a show :rolleyes:

Jimmy, Jonesy, Jason form a new group!?!? Best viable plan we could ever hope for!!!! And JPJ stated some time ago he's been working on new material for his next album, so he obviously could bring that to the studio right now. Jonesy's solo material is fast, heavy and clean. I often wonder what would it sound like if Jimmy added a few notes. Listen to Zooma and imagine.

It seriously does sound exciting, doesnt it! Whey hey!!!!!

mstork, you are always spot on, i must say. i did leave out greg allman, and were he on that list, he wouldbe the best singer on it.

hands down.

isn't there some audio out there somewhere with greg allman singing some zeppelin with govt. mule?

dazed and confused, maybe?

:beer:

I've never heard that but I'd like to. Gregg still sounds great.

Don't wish to ignore it at all. I'm just a bit of a purest and don't want Bonzo to be forgotten in the scheme of things. There were so many nights when he and JPJ were in fact, the only ones that were on. They carried Page and Plant many a time. Bonzo's contribution was so much more than just great drumming. But, I am a fan and want to be able to see the band again with family and good friends. I am a realist.

For me, that why the O2 Zep was Zep. There was a recognition that Bohnam was an integral part of the band. He couldn't just be replaced. Only his son could take up John's sticks, because only he knew what Zep meant to his father and his father to Zep. On the night, you had Jason bashing away at the drums honouring his father's spirit. John was very much part of the gig that night.

I heard it announced on the local radio station today 89.9 fm Halifax, that the crew is ready to go on tour right away. Don't know if its' true, but it is definitely what was announced.

I would imagine an album release would come first, as what are they going to tour with? They would want to get the new material out there first.

Fact is Ally, the remaining living members, and John Bonham's family do not agree with you. It is my opinion that without John there is no Led Zeppelin. Same as yours. We are both wrong, and proven so December 10th 2007. Again, make no mistake, that band performing was in fact Led Zeppelin. If you wish to ignore this fact that is your right.

Well, I've never heard Jimmy make any comment conferring "full partnership" to Jason.

He knows to do so rewrites the history of the band (Led Zeppelin), and IMHO may well be among the factors which led Robert to decide he did not wish to take it any further.

John Bonham's surviving family was at the gig, and Jason did perform on drums, but

none were in the original Led Zeppelin, so they cannot confer full band member status upon Jason (or he upon himself) any more than you or I could (and we can't).

To infer by playing with them he's more than "in" is to say anyone who ever did so is also more than just "in". That would include Phil Collins, among others! I believe this

is what Robert meant when he commented from the stage about them having brought Jason "in". If he (and they) were "Led Zeppelin" there would be no need to refer to having been brought in. It was a polite way of saying, as he also said offstage, "this is how it could be, is this what you really want?"

So what was the band that performed that night? An approximation. It was 3/4 of

Led Zeppelin - billed as Led Zeppelin - made possible by four brave souls, and

established strictly for the purpose of paying tribute.

Not really looking to change anyone's mind here, just offering my own viewpoint.

I would imagine an album release would come first, as what are they going to tour with? They would want to get the new material out there first.

Maybe the purpose of the tour would be beyond just the same of a new album

that's the same old, same old

Remember? He finally figured out the Song Doesn't Have to Remain the Same. :)

Actually, it isn't. For the millionth time.

Ok, I will play along. I did not see a name quoted to this story. The story I am referring to is the one where Led Zeppelin is regrouping, and the members of the band have given Robert Plant an ultimatum to join, or be replaced. Willing to put your name to this story?

um maybe r/p is finishing out commitments already made well before all this reunion rumur. you would certainly like to get the band jamming and jelling before adding vocals, and a standin would be the perfect way to do it. now who out there would want to try and repeat what you did in your 20,s when your 60, gutairs and amps and drums can be made to "repeat" sounds of old, vocal chords change with age. lets face it zeppelin music wouldnt be the easiest thing to sing for any age group male or female, and r/p has every write to do it how he wants when he wants and with whoever he wants, that said ill be the first inline for tickets no matter which version comes out.

Led Zeppelin is regrouping, and the members of the band have given Robert Plant an ultimatum to join, or be replaced. Willing to put your name to this story?

The ultimatum was given some time ago and he declined to return to the fold, hence

the need for a replacement. The new lineup will not be called "Led Zeppelin".

I never believed Jimmy Page would refer to this new band as Led Zeppelin. He didn't call it that when he joined forces with Robert in the 1990's. As the 2 frontmen of Zeppelin they chose not to be labeled as Led Zeppelin. It's really unwarranted hysteria over the name issue. Call it what you will but the music will be phenomenal.

Well, I've never heard Jimmy make any comment conferring "full partnership" to Jason.

He knows to do so rewrites the history of the band (Led Zeppelin), and IMHO may well be among the factors which led Robert to decide he did not wish to take it any further.

John Bonham's surviving family was at the gig, and Jason did perform on drums, but

none were in the original Led Zeppelin, so they cannot confer full band member status upon Jason (or he upon himself) any more than you or I could (and we can't).

To infer by playing with them he's more than "in" is to say anyone who ever did so is also more than just "in". That would include Phil Collins, among others! I believe this

is what Robert meant when he commented from the stage about them having brought Jason "in". If he (and they) were "Led Zeppelin" there would be no need to refer to having been brought in. It was a polite way of saying, as he also said offstage, "this is how it could be, is this what you really want?"

Not really looking to change anyone's mind here, just offering my own viewpoint.

On the night of December the 10th, at the 02 arena in London, can you please name the band who headlined the bill in tribute to there mentor?

ledzep02.jpg

Regards,

Perry Mason.

I never believed Jimmy Page would refer to this new band as Led Zeppelin. He didn't call it that when he joined forces with Robert in the 1990's. As the 2 frontmen of Zeppelin they chose not to be labeled as Led Zeppelin. It's really unwarranted hysteria over the name issue. Call it what you will but the music will be phenomenal.

Ditto :)

The American 'singer' isn't the one that Jimmy's recently been 'treading the boards' with, so to speak? Actually, I can't see that at all, but it'd be interesting all the same.

Cripes, I hope not. You do know that the Foo Fighters announced last week that they're taking a long hiatus?

I love & admire Pagey to bits and would welcome any kind of project he's got going, but please Jimmy - not the Wolfman!!

QUOTE (SteveAJones @ Sep 22 2008, 09:23 AM)

QUOTE (SteveAJones @ Sep 22 2008, 09:23 AM)

Erm...which bit of "An approximation. It was 3/4 of Led Zeppelin - billed as Led Zeppelin - made" did you not understand? snigger

Fair point.

Cripes, I hope not. You do know that the Foo Fighters announced last week that they're taking a long hiatus?

I love & admire Pagey to bits and would welcome any kind of project he's got going, but please Jimmy - not the Wolfman!!

I personally hope it's Chris Cornell :D

If 'Bert is really gone, gone, gone, then this is great news. I'm kind of tired of Robert warbling like an Egyptian anyway. His last three solo efforts, especially "Mighty Rearranger", were lame as hell. If I'm going to listen to some bluegrass, country, or some 60's covers, it's not going to be by Robert Plant. There are some great bands out there accomplishing much more in the same direction. I can listen to better singers doing bluegrass and country at the local bar....and I'm being totally serious about that. They can actually play instruments too.

.....John Bonham's surviving family was at the gig, and Jason did perform on drums, but

established strictly for the purpose of paying tribute....

Well said Steve.

That concert was amazing, however I DID NOT consider it to have been Led Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin ended in 1980. If they had carried on together since 1980 then I would have considered it, but they didn't. If ACDC stopped after Bon Scott's death and then toured again 20+ years later, would you call it ACDC (I think not).

That night at the O2 was AS CLOSE AS WE ARE GOING TO GET to Led Zeppelin, but not the original. If Plant, age, Jones and Jason carried on touring, I would consider them the NEW Led Zeppelin or whatever they wanted to call themselves. New material and a new direction moving forward. Most fans want the old Zep, I BELIEVE this is what makes Plant hesitant about rejoining. Let the past live in the past and start new again. I would like the see all of them tour together with NEW material and throw in some unplayed/rarely played old Zep tunes (like "For Your Life" last December), some cover tunes, some re-worked Zep tunes (like Plant does now), some re-worked cover tunes... and maybe throw in an occasional old classic Zep tune.

The 4 of them could do some awesome stuff and blow any today's music out of the water (Is it just me or is there hardly any GOOD rock any more???). Can you imagine what creative forces of these men can do TOGETHER!!!! It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up thinking about it.

Archived