New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe the "fill in" is just that? Filling in during rehearsals while Robert is busy so that the band can get tight not just musically but with vocals as well and be ready to roll IF Robert is in and this supposed reunion takes place?

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe the "fill in" is just that? Filling in during rehearsals while Robert is busy so that the band can get tight not just musically but with vocals as well and be ready to roll IF Robert is in and this supposed reunion takes place?

that's exactly what I was thinking.

Cripes, I hope not. You do know that the Foo Fighters announced last week that they're taking a long hiatus?

I love & admire Pagey to bits and would welcome any kind of project he's got going, but please Jimmy - not the Wolfman!!

Yeah, I heard about the Foo's, but, for the time being, I'm taking it for what it is - they're taking a break.

To be honest, I don't really care who it is that performs with them. Robert or not, I'd still sell my mother to see them.

If they think the singer is more than capable of taking Robert's 'role', that's fine with me. Who am I to judge? If they're happy, I'm happy.

I can listen to better singers doing bluegrass and country at the local bar....and I'm being totally serious about that. They can actually play instruments too.

I've gone to amatuer bluegrass jams at one local bar that were more energetic and captivating instrumentally, with much less mumbling...

Jason lives in Florida. As does Rex King. I imagine they know the local music scene pretty well.

Hmmm.....tribute band Physical Graffiti has been based in Florida...........don't think the singer's young though.

Still think as my earlier posts states that if anyone is filling in, it's exactly that until Robert's commitment is finished.

This all seems fairly academic to me:

1: The band had already put in enough work for a full world tour so if Plant wasn't interested a "new vocalist" would have been a sinche to find in a far shorter timescale than a year or more.

2: Jason Bonham could have left Foreigner at any time but chose close to the date that Plant's comitments ended.

3: Plant, Page and Jones are all seemingly playing the maximum publicity will they won't they game and we're all going along with it as pre the O2 reunion.

4: Bonham let it slip that new material is being put together. Plant, Jones and Page in previous interview have stated that they would not tour as Zeppelin unless there was something new for the offering.

I'm not even slightly worried. Can't wait 2 see them next year. I bet they're all having a laugh at the media's inability to repoert anything concrete and all the speculation.

I never believed Jimmy Page would refer to this new band as Led Zeppelin. He didn't call it that when he joined forces with Robert in the 1990's. As the 2 frontmen of Zeppelin they chose not to be labeled as Led Zeppelin. It's really unwarranted hysteria over the name issue. Call it what you will but the music will be phenomenal.

I agree this will be phenomenal! (Not to put any added pressure/high expectations on the new singer or anything, lol.) :) Whoever it is, as long as he's deeply willing and totally into it, and assuming the talent and chemistry is there and given a chance to gel, then I think new, awesome sonic magic can be created. Or supported/built on, in the case of sonic magic that Jimmy's already created. :)

Lots to look forward to these days! :D

It's ludicrous to suggest the others are only capable of playing with one singer. Of course we'd like to see Robert involved, but he's not depriving poor Jimmy of his career if he (RP) chooses a different path.

Apparently you misunderstood my post... I never suggested that "only capable of playing with one singer" - quite the opposite. It's only fair that if this "one and only singer" is free to choose a different path, then the same should apply to the rest of the band. To put it in very simple words, his right to go solo should be matched by their right to play without him. I'm sure they still have a lot to offer... with who and under which name is much less relevant, though I personally feel there should be a different name. Overall, I think we're more or less on the same Page here. Whatever it is that is brewing, bring it on! Cheers! :D

Apparently you misunderstood my post... I never suggested that "only capable of playing with one singer" - quite the opposite. It's only fair that if this "one and only singer" is free to choose a different path, then the same should apply to the rest of the band. To put it in very simple words, his right to go solo should be matched by their right to play without him. I'm sure they still have a lot to offer... with who and under which name is much less relevant, though I personally feel there should be a different name. Overall, I think we're more or less on the same Page here. Whatever it is that is brewing, bring it on! Cheers! :D

Don't think I did misunderstand you, actually :) , as you stated that Robert has "no right to deprive them of this chance." My point was therefore that their chance of pursuing their musical careers does not depend solely on Robert's participation and never has, thus he is not depriving them of anything (and never has). I agree they have every right to play without him, and that it should be under a different name if they do. I also agree--bring it on! :beer:

John Bonham's surviving family was at the gig, and Jason did perform on drums, but

none were in the original Led Zeppelin, so they cannot confer full band member status upon Jason (or he upon himself) any more than you or I could (and we can't).

I think beyond a certain point the deference paid to Bonham rises to the point of absurdity. From what I've read about the guy, he was a pretty humble sort of person (at least at the tail end of his life). I'm sure that he would not want Jason to be treated like the black guy in the Stones or Guy Pratt with post-Waters Floyd, somebody who never shows up in the press materials, the invisible member. If Jason has paid his dues enough to earn the stool, then I'm sure John would have been happy about it.

I really don't think they have given up on Robert quite yet. I've said it many times before but it has been patently obvious that Page and Jones intentionally held back on their solo albums throughout the year in order to give Robert time to finish up the Raising Sand thing. The awards ceremonies, the magazine interviews, the guest appearances, and the documentary are all their way of not just sitting at home watching the grass grow.

However, the limit of their patience clearly extended only so far as Robert's initial "prior commitments" as Jimmy calls it. After the tour concludes, he is NOT contractually obligated to do anything. So the ball is totally in his court. If Robert sidesteps Zep during that downtime and goes back in the studio with AK or Strange Sensations, then he's made his choice and he'll have to live with it. I really don't think Robert has been locked out yet no matter how much the fill-in singer is "gelling" in the rehearsals.

Jason lives in Florida. As does Rex King. I imagine they know the local music scene pretty well.

Sorry, who's Rex King? And does he know his name is a redundancy, like Peter O'Toole or Rip Torn. Oh, never mind - I get distracted too easily ...

Don't think I did misunderstand you, actually :) , as you stated that Robert has "no right to deprive them of this chance." My point was therefore that their chance of pursuing their musical careers does not depend solely on Robert's participation and never has, thus he is not depriving them of anything (and never has). I agree they have every right to play without him, and that it should be under a different name if they do. I also agree--bring it on! :beer:

OK, he's not depriving them, as well he shouldn't. I was just baffled by one line from your post: "It's ludicrous to suggest the others are only capable of playing with one singer." For the love of God I don't see where you heard such suggestion coming from me. That's misunderstanding. I meant the opposite, that they're more than capable playing with anyone of their choosing.

Good choice of the smiley - bring it on, we'll drink it up in one gulp!

Sorry, who's Rex King? And does he know his name is a redundancy, like Peter O'Toole or Rip Torn. Oh, never mind - I get distracted too easily ...

I think, to really be redundant it would have to be "Rip Tear" or "Ripped Torn". Do love the Peter O'Toole though.... Oh, now you've got me distracted.

Back on point. In my view any new music is better than nothing. Would love to have Robert on board, but it does not look like it will happen. At least any time soon.

It will not ever be Led Zeppelin my man. I'll buy you a beer at the Yale anytime you like but, it will not be Zeppelin. Bonzo quite simply is not there. No Zeppelin

My Man It will be Led Zeppelin and last years gig was Led Zeppelin, it was Jimmy's band <_< , You can call it MK II Led Zeppelin if you want because an original member isn't there but it was Led Zeppelin.

Music Radar never lets me down; here's what they have to say, today: There's the issue of touring, and law suits on the horizon if the name stays the same...just ask Ray Manzarek... read and discuss:

Led Zeppelin auditioning a replacement singer?

Wacky tabloid rumor or grain of truth?

Joe Bosso, Mon 22 Sep, 1:52 pm BST

Page, Jones and Bonham set on touring

According to an unnamed "source" close to the band,"Jimmy, Jason and John are determined a tour will go ahead next year. They've been rehearsing frequently in London and the band is really gelling. There's an American guy who has been standing in for Robert regularly and doing a great job."

The source adds, "Obviously they want the original frontman to join them on the road but he still won't commit. They will be finalising plans for shows over the next couple of months and will tell Robert that if he doesn't want to be involved they will go ahead without him."

Could it even be called "Led Zeppelin"?

A Led Zeppelin tour without original drummer John Bonham is one thing - Jason Bonham has the bloodline going for him and was accepted enthusiastically at the band's one-off reunion show last year at London's O2 Arena. But a Zep tour without Robert Plant is quite another. And legally, could it even be called "Led Zeppelin"?

Page could always talk to Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek, who along with guitarist Robby Kreiger, is performing a Doors show withThe Cult's Ian Astbury standing in for the late Jim Morrison. But Manzarek and Krieger, after being sued by drummer John Densmore and the esate of Jim Morrison, had to bag the name Doors Of The 21st Century. They now tour as Riders Of The Storm.

MusicRadar has to say, the thought of Page, Jones and Bonham hitting the road as Houses Of The Holy is more than we can stomach. Robert, your band needs you.

Music Radar never lets me down; here's what they have to say, today: There's the issue of touring, and law suits on the horizon if the name stays the same...just ask Ray Manzarek... read and discuss:

Led Zeppelin auditioning a replacement singer?

Wacky tabloid rumor or grain of truth?

Joe Bosso, Mon 22 Sep, 1:52 pm BST

Page, Jones and Bonham set on touring

According to an unnamed "source" close to the band,"Jimmy, Jason and John are determined a tour will go ahead next year. They've been rehearsing frequently in London and the band is really gelling. There's an American guy who has been standing in for Robert regularly and doing a great job."

The source adds, "Obviously they want the original frontman to join them on the road but he still won't commit. They will be finalising plans for shows over the next couple of months and will tell Robert that if he doesn't want to be involved they will go ahead without him."

Could it even be called "Led Zeppelin"?

A Led Zeppelin tour without original drummer John Bonham is one thing - Jason Bonham has the bloodline going for him and was accepted enthusiastically at the band's one-off reunion show last year at London's O2 Arena. But a Zep tour without Robert Plant is quite another. And legally, could it even be called "Led Zeppelin"?

Page could always talk to Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek, who along with guitarist Robby Kreiger, is performing a Doors show withThe Cult's Ian Astbury standing in for the late Jim Morrison. But Manzarek and Krieger, after being sued by drummer John Densmore and the esate of Jim Morrison, had to bag the name Doors Of The 21st Century. They now tour as Riders Of The Storm.

MusicRadar has to say, the thought of Page, Jones and Bonham hitting the road as Houses Of The Holy is more than we can stomach. Robert, your band needs you.

Well I just cannot believe Jimmy would call it Zeppelin without Robert...Puts us all in a dilemma if that were to happen, because of course I would go but it would seem strange, but as i said in an earlier post it would have to be Led Zep MKIII, now we start to get into Deep Purple territory, but at least with them they did it from a very erly time, so thats what they did, but Zep didn't !! BUt if Jimmy uses the name Zeppelin than its Zeppelin (MKIII)

Well I just cannot believe Jimmy would call it Zeppelin without Robert...Puts us all in a dilemma if that were to happen, because of course I would go but it would seem strange, but as i said in an earlier post it would have to be Led Zep MKIII, now we start to get into Deep Purple territory, but at least with them they did it from a very erly time, so thats what they did, but Zep didn't !! BUt if Jimmy uses the name Zeppelin than its Zeppelin (MKIII)

Leddy, what's MKIII again? :)

Archived