New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

No fkn way. He ruined Van Halen I doubt anyone will stand for him ruining Led Zeppelin. This can't be. If it IS, I will give away my entire Zep collection and be done with the band completely. And I will do the same if it's Grohl. Stay tuned, some lucky winner will get some great vinyl bootlegs, fantastic displays, patches, buttons, posters and John Bonham's hat if it's either one of these lame ass singers. Although I must reserve the hat for Mr. Steve A. Jones........

No need to overreact, it will NOT be Sammy Hagar. Steven Tyler is another absurd pick. Just imagine the modern-day Tyler trying to nail SIBLY in concert.....oh, the pain of it all.

No need to overreact, it will NOT be Sammy Hagar. Steven Tyler is another absurd pick. Just imagine the modern-day Tyler trying to nail SIBLY in concert.....oh, the pain of it all.

Not overreacting, dude. THAT'S how sure I am that neither of those singers are joining. I still think there is someone literally filling in to keep the band tight until Robert comes in. I'm surprised that only one other person has jumped on that bandwagon. It really does make the most sense given this "leak".

Then again there are those on this board who act like they know the band personally so maybe they should just call one of the members and find out and let us know.

On another note.......IF Robert isnt in, and they should decide to use the name Led Zeppelin(which I also concur with the masses they probably won't) I seriously doubt Robert would sue them over it because I don't think he has any ownership of the name even if he wanted to.

No fkn way. He ruined Van Halen I doubt anyone will stand for him ruining Led Zeppelin. This can't be. If it IS, I will give away my entire Zep collection and be done with the band completely. And I will do the same if it's Grohl. Stay tuned, some lucky winner will get some great vinyl bootlegs, fantastic displays, patches, buttons, posters and John Bonham's hat if it's either one of these lame ass singers. Although I must reserve the hat for Mr. Steve A. Jones........

I'm with you on that !!!

Rather than getting suckered in by some troll looking to incite Sammy Hagar outrage similar to some of the Dave Grohl grumblings, you guys could just look at Sammy's website. He has a new album coming out in the near future... so I seriously doubt it could or would be him:

From redrocker.com:

Sammy Hagar's upcoming album, Cosmic Universal Fashion, will be released on November 18th through the new label Loud & Proud, and features guest appearances by the Cult's Billy Duffy and Matt Sorum, and fellow Van Halen bandmate Michael Anthony. Billboard reported that the album's title song was written online with an Iraqi fan named Steven Lost. The song's video references Van Halen's 1991 song and video "Right Now." Hagar also covers the Beastie Boys' "Fight For Your Right To Party."

If, by some miracle I am wrong, like I have said before, I would pay to see them with Grohl, Hagar, Mustaine, Weiland, Cornell, or any other self-serving prick of a frontman!

Edit: Quick Add: Then again... imagine Jimmy and JPJ playing instruments on "Fight For Your Right To Party." haha

Excuse my ignorance but... does this mean he collects royalties from the re-releases? Which puts him back in the fold, right? And what about the publishing - lots of money there, I'm sure. And is airplay from the original recordings a revenue stream for Plant, or not?

In terms of 1/4 interest, doesn't that mean that individually (or as Bonham's heirs) each has the right of veto? In that case, Page, Jones and Bonham would HAVE to call themselves something other than Led Zeppelin, right?

Does Plant pay the other three when he performs from the back catalog, and, would they have to pay him when they do the same? Or, like Plant changes the music but not the lyrics, could they change the lyrics but not the music, and not pay? Or is it professional and personal courtesy for them all to just have at it without fussing about such things?

My head hurts. :blink:

Robert does not receive royalties from sales of their "back catalog" - the ten original

albums (or re-releases of those original ten albums). He would receive royalties from

from the post-1982 compilation releases (Mothership, etc) as I understand it. The

band established SuperHype for publishing purposes, and he would receive royalties.

Same for airplay.

The 1/4 interest is relevent to future releases of audio and video recordings, and not

necessarily to the band name, which I firmly believe Jimmy retains sole possession of.

Even so, Jimmy has never performed as Led Zeppelin without Robert and JPJ involved,

out of respect for Led Zeppelin.

Royalties are not paid when a song is performed, only when a song is sold commercially.

Royalties are not paid when a song is performed, only when a song is sold commercially.

Technically, they are, as venues have to pay a fee to play commercially released music, since it's part of helping them entertain and make money.

Technically, they are, as venues have to pay a fee to play commercially released music, since it's part of helping them entertain and make money.

Yes, though compliance with this requirement is inconsistent within the industry. Some venues opt to purchase a blanket license from ASCAP. Here's a link at this issue for anyone particularly interested in this aspect of royalties:

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2008-01-10/m...-small-venues/1

You are right , sir. I was just about to post this. BMI and ASCAP make their rounds to collect fees from all the clubs that have bands and juke boxes. I seriously doubt the artists see any of the money as I'm sure most people can connect the dots as to who these "collectors" are affiliated with.........

. . . some of you people are beyond thick. You've already been told the name of the new singer, that it won't be called Led Zeppelin, and the music performed will be a combination of new stuff and Led Zep material. And yet the speculation continues unabated. Unbelievable.

The new singer's name has NOT been posted here that I've seen. Is it in invisible font or in code perhaps?

Jesus Christ, some of you people are beyond thick. You've already been told the name of the new singer, that it won't be called Led Zeppelin, and the music performed will be a combination of new stuff and Led Zep material. And yet the speculation continues unabated. Unbelievable.

I must be one of those thickies because I read every post in this thread and see no mention of who the singer will be.

There is plenty of speculation though.

:hysterical:

Very fitting.

I must be one of those thickies because I read every post in this thread and see no mention of who the singer will be.

There is plenty of speculation though.

:hysterical:

Very fitting.

I think he or she is pulling our chain !!!

Jesus Christ, some of you people are beyond thick. You've already been told the name of the new singer, that it won't be called Led Zeppelin, and the music performed will be a combination of new stuff and Led Zep material. And yet the speculation continues unabated. Unbelievable.

Who is the singer?

Archived