New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Gawd, didn't anyone read when I posted it? Vanilla frekin Ice! Ugh!

Yeah, but before any new material is recorded,they're under contract to do a "reality" series.Jason and 'nilla have traversed this stretch before,so their pointers will surely come in handy to JP and JPJ.Unreliable sources claim some wrestler babe,the chick from Happy Days,Screech, Ron Jeremy,and Ms.ex V Halen will take part in this event.

V.Ice,during this time,will be inspired to write lyrics which take JP and JPJ musically beyond any previous boundaries.

World,look out!!!!

Yeah, but before any new material is recorded,they're under contract to do a "reality" series.Jason and 'nilla have traversed this stretch before,so their pointers will surely come in handy to JP and JPJ.Unreliable sources claim some wrestler babe,the chick from Happy Days,Screech, Ron Jeremy,and Ms.ex V Halen will take part in this event.

V.Ice,during this time,will be inspired to write lyrics which take JP and JPJ musically beyond any previous boundaries.

World,look out!!!!

Great idea...but that would be Erin Moran and Valerie Bertinelli, thank you very much. B)

erin%20moran%20actor.jpg

teenbeat0677valpu.jpg

From an email sent to me via gotickets.com

"There is a buzz about town that Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham want to tour in early 2009 with or without lead singer Robert Plant. Fans are going to have to wait and see!

Stay tune for the all the latest information on Led Zeppelin with Concert Alerts from GoTickets."

From an email sent to me via gotickets.com

"There is a buzz about town that Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham want to tour in early 2009 with or without lead singer Robert Plant. Fans are going to have to wait and see!

Stay tune for the all the latest information on Led Zeppelin with Concert Alerts from GoTickets."

Factual?

That's your first clue right there!

Rex King was a former road manager for Led Zeppelin. He was the driver who chauffeured the band around rehearsals at Bray Studios the day before JB passed away.

Meg

He was never a road manager for Zeppelin Meg, though he did become tour manager for Robert, The Firm, and Page and Plant. He was Bonzo's assistant, and drove Robert and Bonzo down to London from the Midlands just before his death.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...pic=301&hl=

I dont know what to think about this at all, i want to see jimmy and jonesy together but well you just cant without some vocals.

Why not? Zep's instrumentals were fantastic. So were JP's on Outrider and JPJ's on Zooma.

I'm sure this must have been mentioned before, but my attention span won't allow me to sift through 23 pages. Since it's been somewhat established that the new singer is from Florida, and Jason lives in Florida - could this guy be a friend of his? Perhaps Jason had a big part in finding this guy. (I can hear Miss H's ears perking up at the mention of the J word. :) )

Myles Kennedy worked with Jason in the movie "Rock Star" a few years ago with Jennifer Aniston and (Mark ?) Wahlberg. I think he resides in Fla and a hint from one of the so called "Thunderthief's "is leading me to think that he is the one.

Who's the thunderthief now ? :rolleyes:

Search me. I didn't say a word about this until the info was released, though I did have "Putney" as my location for a while back in June/July to satisfy the person who kept PM-ing me saying I don't have any special info and talk crap. We've reached more of an understanding now. B)

maybe empty your pm box sir kneb

Err, yes boss. :P

Search me. I didn't say a word about this until the info was released, though I did have "Putney" as my location for a while back in June/July to satisfy the person who kept PM-ing me saying I don't have any special info and talk crap. We've reached more of an understanding now. B)

Err, yes boss. :P

Knebby, You were not the "Thunderthief" I was thinking of, don't want to see you take flack for something you didn't say.but we are getting close!

Actually, venues pay the royalties for the music that is going to be performed. No money goes directly to the artists, but is collected by a few groups and dispensed to the record companies under them. I can't remember the names but there are 2 main ones that do 99% of it. Every venue from stadiums to bars, that plan on playing radio music, is supposed to pay the licensing fees.

The Black Crowes just finished a tour on Sept 10, In Europe. Page, Jones, and Bohnam invite an American singer to jam, likely w/in the last couple weeks.

Chris Robinson would be my guess.

Page is gonna go with a bluesy rock singer, always has.

The guy from Alter Bridge would be a horrible fit, and honestly his voice is much too cheesy sounding.

Chris Cornell has taken cues from Robert Plant, but not the right ones to fit the bill as the singer for Led Zeppelin. Besides, he's busy with Timbaland.

Hopefully they will stay away from any singer that was made famous by 80's rock. That includes Haggar, Coverdale, the guy from Great White, Kip Winger, Sebastian Bach.

If they are gonna do something new w/o Robert, Jack White would be an interesting choice, but would there be room for all the guitars. I prefer Page by himself on the axe.

Thanks for the info. Agree with your other points. I prefer Page by himself on guitar too... and please no 80s hair singers! Anyway, I trust they know a good vocalist when they hear one. :)

Robert does not receive royalties from sales of their "back catalog" - the ten original

albums (or re-releases of those original ten albums). He would receive royalties from

from the post-1982 compilation releases (Mothership, etc) as I understand it. The

band established SuperHype for publishing purposes, and he would receive royalties.

Same for airplay.

The 1/4 interest is relevent to future releases of audio and video recordings, and not

necessarily to the band name, which I firmly believe Jimmy retains sole possession of.

Even so, Jimmy has never performed as Led Zeppelin without Robert and JPJ involved,

out of respect for Led Zeppelin.

Royalties are not paid when a song is performed, only when a song is sold commercially.

Many thanks, that's very clear.

Archived