New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Why not? Zep's instrumentals were fantastic. So were JP's on Outrider and JPJ's on Zooma.

Vocals do pull the music together, and add meaning, but personally I'd love lots and lots and lots of playing instruments. I can never get enough of these guys.

I hope it's not this Myles Kennedy bloke. I haven't heard of him before but I just checked out some of his stuff on youtube and I don't like his style at all. He's got great range but his singing just doesn't do it for me. I will be quite disappointed if it is him.

I'm sure this must have been mentioned before, but my attention span won't allow me to sift through 23 pages. Since it's been somewhat established that the new singer is from Florida, and Jason lives in Florida - could this guy be a friend of his? Perhaps Jason had a big part in finding this guy. (I can hear Miss H's ears perking up at the mention of the J word. :) )

Well, as Zooma has pointed out Roxie, Jason knows Myles Kennedy...the one to watch apparantley...from when they were both in the movie Rock Star. And he resides in Florida.

I am secretly hoping that maybe Jason will get to sing a track on any new album. I LOVE his singing...in case you didn't know that already *cough* :D

A more masculine Jeff Buckley is how I perceived him. I loved Jeff and I know Page and Plant were huge admirers of Buckley and his talent. It would make sense to employ someone who loves Zeppelin's music and can add to the new material being constructed. Kennedy is young but not green professionaly. I showed my wife some footage on you tube and she commented he added his own take to the song structures. Plus he looks good and in the Rock and Roll arena you can't say that doesn't matter.

Ah....the eternal question....eternal burning wandering fever...........

Eternal burning...... eternal flame, hmmmmmmmmm..... voila, I GOT IT, it's Susanna Hoffs from The Bangles.

I'd bet she'd be the visual miracle cure if Jimmy's back started to play up in the middle of the STH solo with the double-neck. AND she is about the right age for Jimmy too!!! :P

Indi.

in this huge thread --- has it been suggested that maybe a stand-in vocalist is just rehearsing with them until Plant can be available to do so?

That sounds way more likely than JpJ/Page/and JB are planning on touring and playing Zeppelin music with an auditioned lead singer.

If they're playing with a new singer Page and Jones will probablly return to playing the Zeppelin material in it's original key. For at least half the songs they played at the O2 reunion show their guitars were tuned down a whole tone to compensate for Robert's change in vocal range. As a guitarist it makes your strings real slack, especially for lead guitar it's like playing with rubberbands.

I hope it's not this Myles Kennedy bloke. I haven't heard of him before but I just checked out some of his stuff on youtube and I don't like his style at all. He's got great range but his singing just doesn't do it for me. I will be quite disappointed if it is him.

Ditto. The Zep covers I've seen on yourtube are really uninspiring, meh. His other stuff is ok, but not overwhelming. Jeff Buckley, hah! Nowhere close.

I'd almost rather see the return of Cov. And some rocker boy is so predictable--we need a funky girl if R is not joining the guys.

Eternal burning...... eternal flame, hmmmmmmmmm..... voila, I GOT IT, it's Susanna Hoffs from The Bangles.

I'd bet she'd be the visual miracle cure if Jimmy's back started to play up in the middle of the STH solo with the double-neck. AND she is about the right age for Jimmy too!!! :P

Indi.

OH MY! Now THAT is something I would love! HUGE crush on Susanna Hoffs here! Yum-mo!

No one saying the guy is Buckley redux. The Zeppelin material any singer tries to approach will be heavily scrutinized but that will be up to individual taste whether you like it or not. Some like hearing Black Dog played on a banjo and some don't. It's the same thing. Page and Jones want to play their own songs again. Give 'em a break.

Ditto. The Zep covers I've seen on yourtube are really uninspiring, meh. His other stuff is ok, but not overwhelming. Jeff Buckley, hah! Nowhere close.

I'd almost rather see the return of Cov. And some rocker boy is so predictable--we need a funky girl if R is not joining the guys.

Totally agree that it should be a girl if it's not Plant

Folks, I think I figured it all out. It's none other than a poster from here who has conspiculously been missing in action the last few months!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbKEZOUZMKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FwvQrJwMDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7dyWFDBnI

(See, throwing that CD in Jimmy's yard DID work after all!) :lol:

Fully agree. I saw Buckley twice live and consider myself a pretty good expert on his work. This guy's vocals are good, don't get me wrong, but nowhere near the amount of octaves Jeff could hit nor with the power, ferocity and grace either.

Folks, I think I figured it all out. It's none other than a poster from here who has conspiculously been missing in action the last few months!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbKEZOUZMKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FwvQrJwMDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7dyWFDBnI

(See, throwing that CD in Jimmy's yard DID work after all!) :lol:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Archived