New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

If thery are recording/rehearsing or whatever than I hope that there is new material rather than just bring in a singer to sing all Zep stuff and be classed as Led Zeppelin.

And if they have broughht someone inthey it should be that they contribute to the songwriting/lyrics and have some ownership of the songs.

This would mean that they are in fact a fully fledged band.

We can all speculate as to who if there is someone who has joined them.

There have been ridiculous suggestions over the months such as Ozzy and Dio and Grohl ( think Wembley)

A singer is required that can do credit to classic and timeless wonderful music. I don't want a Robert clone.

But as it stands there is not one iota of proof officially or unnofficialy that they are in fact rehearsing or recording anything unless anyone here can proove it with pics or recordings etc.

And before anyone accuses me of not wanting something to happen for Jimmy JPJ and Jason, I would dearly love to see them together as much as the next person.

If they went out as Led Zeppelin how would I feel?

Well that would be difficult because there has to be Robert in that line up for that name to happen for me. But they can go out as any other named band and play Zep material but I would like some new stuff in there.

Would I go and see them? Fucking hell yes!!!. Its Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones for gods sake.

I hate all the crap rumours and Chinese whispers and wish they or someone would come out and say something official both from the 3 of them and from Robert if he isn't really up for it full stop.

Lets have these guys out on the road where they belong :rolleyes:

From our friends at The Sun so don't get too excited..

Led Zeppelin Audition for a new singer

I don't know...oddly enough The Sun has been pretty good in the past getting the scoop on stuff.

They were the first to break the news about Paul McCartney's marriage break-up with Heather Mills a couple of weeks before it was announced

And keeping things Beatle-related, they also were the first to break the news about George Harrison going to die. I remember 2 or 3 months before George died they broke with the headline that George only had a couple of months to live, and everyone at the time, including George Martin said "rubbish, lies and nonsense" but they're were right...

SteveAJones know his LZ. I believe there is much to this as well.

QUOTE (Page_Maniac @ Sep 9 2008, 02:16 AM)

I have bee reading what you wankers have been saying for months. #$%& you AND Led Zeppelin. If there was a concern for what you think there would be something more from these aged has-been mother ^&*%ers.

What do you think of that? PISS OFF!

:D

The only people who live in Florida are Fred Durst & retired seniors from New York who move there to die.

Are JP, JPJ, & JB raiding retirement homes now? Is it one of the "Golden Girls"? Bea Arthur maybe?

I'm sure Jason didn't move there to die! :huh:

I'm beginning to suspect that all this rumour and counter rumour is just a big PR scam to drive us into a frenzy when the official annoucement comes.

Please don't take this as confrontational it isn't meant to be but surely if Robert is entitled to what the hell he likes (& he is) then aren't the others? Even if that's a Rob less Zeppelin.

I'd be pretty confident that JP would want to use the name.

Miss HD - you clearly signed up for the same Google Alerts as me! :D

Well, it sounds as though, amazingly, The Sun has printed something that's at least vaguely factual for once (pass the smelling salts, please).

To be honest, I am now past caring whether we see a tour from Led Zeppelin, The Js, or the Js plus A N Other ... I'd pay good money just to see Jimmy play - anything, anywhere, with anyone! :thumbsup:

If JPJ and Jason are there too, that's a massive bonus. With an enthusiastic and committed Robert as well would be best of all, but hey, I've been waiting so long now, I'd be happy with whatever Jimmy puts together.

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time ...

Maybe they are trying to call Roberts bluff with the replacement singer thing ?? maybe they should say the well loved David Coverdale (on this forum anyway :rolleyes: ) is taking his place, he would be there like a shot :rolleyes:

Maybe they are trying to call Roberts bluff with the replacement singer thing ?? maybe they should say the well loved David Coverdale (on this forum anyway :rolleyes: ) is taking his place, he would be there like a shot :rolleyes:

Old trick...it won't work again.

Contact Music: New Frontman for Led Zeppelin?

The line-up of reformed rock legends LED ZEPPELIN could be in doubt - they are reportedly looking to replace singer ROBERT PLANT.

The rockers reunited for an historic gig last year (Dec07) - and rumours of a full world tour have dogged the band ever since.

Frontman Plant attempted to end the speculation by hitting the road with country star Alison Krauss.

But the rest of the group have reportedly been rehearsing with stand-in singers - and are now said to be considering replacing Plant altogether.

A source tells British newspaper The Sun, "They've been rehearsing frequently in London and the band is really gelling. There's an American guy who has been standing in for Robert regularly and doing a great job.

"Obviously they want the original frontman to join them on the road but he still won't commit. They will be finalising plans for shows over the next couple of months and will tell Robert that if he doesn't want to be involved they will go ahead without him."

09/20/2008 02:07:09 PM

Any leads on who the mysterious American is? Steven Tyler perhaps?? (dreaming, I know..)

I'm beginning to suspect that all this rumour and counter rumour is just a big PR scam to drive us into a frenzy when the official annoucement comes.

Please don't take this as confrontational it isn't meant to be but surely if Robert is entitled to what the hell he likes (& he is) then aren't the others? Even if that's a Rob less Zeppelin.

I'd be pretty confident that JP would want to use the name.

Yes they are however I would be very shocked if they call themselves "Led Zeppelin". Despite what has gone on, I don't see them doing that at all.

Archived