New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Robert's decision was an absolute "no-brainer" on his part. He is an artist with integrity, one of the very few left amongst us.

We are the ones with the "Zep issues" - not Robert. Never has been.

To the "Sun" rag newspaper - "You're dispicable and a disgrace. So many hopes were raised on your miserable existance as a rag....lying for money grabbing headlines. Lie with sewer rats now you bastards."

Robert's decision was an absolute "no-brainer" on his part. He is an artist with integrity, one of the very few left amongst us.

We are the ones with the "Zep issues" - not Robert. Never has been.

To the "Sun" rag newspaper - "You're dispicable and a disgrace. So many hopes were raised on your miserable existance as a rag....lying for money grabbing headlines. Lie with sewer rats now you bastards."

Quick note Nirvana, I think you meant to type "a big ego" where the word "integrity" was typed.

personally i think that if Plant isn't won't perform with Led Zeppelin they should do instrumental tour next year... i really hope their new american vocalist will be a good performer and powerfull ( i'm sure he won't be good as plant...nobody can replace him)

First time posting here... I can't believe The Sun's website is still running the article that Plant is joing the three "J's". You would think they would atleast update the article or pull it off the website. I'm not sure if this has been posted before ( sorry if so ) but what about Plant's son taking over the vocals?

First time posting here... I can't believe The Sun's website is still running the article that Plant is joing the three "J's". You would think they would atleast update the article or pull it off the website. I'm not sure if this has been posted before ( sorry if so ) but what about Plant's son taking over the vocals?

Robert's son has his own band he's quite involved with.

I agree with Miss HD.

Myles is my leading candidate, too.

(It is an election year after all). :D

We might have to wait though, if it is him, as Alterbridge has more tour dates through the end of the year (early December).

Nov 4 2008 7:00P

Academy Sheffield, Midlands

Nov 5 2008 6:00P

Glasgow Academy Glasgow, Scotland

Nov 7 2008 7:00P

UEA Norwich, East

Nov 8 2008 6:00P

Brixton Academy London, London and South East

Nov 9 2008 7:00P

Apollo Manchester, Northwest

Nov 11 2008 7:00P

Civic Hall Wolverhampton, Midlands

Nov 12 2008 7:00P

Rock City Nottingham, Midlands

Nov 13 2008 7:00P

Guildhall Portsmouth, South

Nov 15 2008 7:00P

E-werk Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen

Nov 16 2008 7:00P

Docks Hamburg, Hamburg

Nov 17 2008 7:00P

Vega Copenhagen, Sjælland

Nov 20 2008 7:00P

Rockefeller Oslo, Oslo

Nov 22 2008 7:00P

Huxleys Berlin, Berlin

Nov 23 2008 7:00P

Schlachthof Wiesbaden, Hessen

Nov 25 2008 7:00P

Tonhalle Munich

Nov 26 2008 7:00P

Xtra Zurich, Zurich

Nov 27 2008 7:00P

Gasometer Vienna

Nov 29 2008 7:00P

Alcatraz Milan, Milano

Dec 2 2008 7:00P

Bikini Barcelona, Barcelona

Dec 3 2008 7:00P

Macumba Madrid, Madrid

Dec 4 2008 7:00P

Rock Star Bilbao

Dec 6 2008 6:00P

Ancienne Belgique- Box Room Brussels, Brussels-capital

Dec 7 2008 6:00P

Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam

Dec 8 2008 7:00P

Modernes Bremen, Bremen

Dec 10 2008 6:00P

Arenan Stockholm, Stockholms län

We'll see who it turns out to be. :)

R B)

My first choice for a singer would be MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN of Tool. He is one of best vocalists around.

Tool did an awesome cover of No Quarter, and there is a live bootleg of him singing Kashmir when he was in Perfect Circle. The vocals were spot on, which is not an easy task.

Jimmy, call him up!

My first choice for a singer would be MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN of Tool. He is one of best vocalists around.

Tool did an awesome cover of No Quarter, and there is a live bootleg of him singing Kashmir when he was in Perfect Circle. The vocals were spot on, which is not an easy task.

Jimmy, call him up!

Not a bad suggestion as I know they're quite influenced by the band and cover a lot of Zep in their live shows.

BTW a warm welcome to the forum! :wave:

Not a bad suggestion as I know they're quite influenced by the band and cover a lot of Zep in their live shows.

BTW a warm welcome to the forum! :wave:

All I have to say about using a different singer other than Robert is don,t do it without him. Jason has a family connection so it doesn,t disrespect the legend that was and still is John Bonham. Another singer would seem like an imposter to me and would definately taint the magic. Please don,t do that.

One thing that has been missing from this whole discussion is that Jimmy and JPJ have never confirmed that they are actually doing something, other than the occasional jam. What is the chance that nothing really materializes? Until they actually say something concrete I can't really spend too much more time in fantasyland thinking about this singer or that one, this band name or that one. Sheesh, I'm going back to the topics, that deal with Jimmy's favorite color, or if he drinks his tea with milk or not, until such time that there is real news. At least those subjects are funny. Just one mans opinion.

I sure hope not!!! Saw him with VH a couple of years ago and his voice is SHOT!! B)

You must have seen Sammy when he was sick or his voice worn out. His voice is as good as it was in the Montrose days. I saw him two months ago, and a few times over the past few years since the 2005 VH tour, he's fantastic. That being said, as much as I love Sammy, I would rather not see him in Zeppelin. Sammy is in the studio with Joe Satriani, Michael anthony and Chad Smith. I think Chris Robinson would be a great fit, but he is busy with The Black Crowes tour right now.

I'd rather see someone either unknown (who has a terrific/powerful/ dynamic w/ lots of control) or Myles Kennedy.

Choosing someone like Chris Robinson, Sammy Hagar, etc.. would be a step backwards IMHO.

They're already in groups and doing something else.

R B)

Archived