New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

I'd rather see someone either unknown (who has a terrific/powerful/ dynamic w/ lots of control) or Myles Kennedy.

Choosing someone like Chris Robinson, Sammy Hagar, etc.. would be a step backwards IMHO.

They're already in groups and doing something else.

R B)

I tend to agree. While I think CR would be a good fit, I'd like to see someone new (to me at least ha!) and powerful to fill the role. Anyone but David Coverdale!! LOL

no,no,no!

am i the only one who thinks getting a new singer is complete bollocks!!

And calling it Led Zeppelin? Yeah, no Zep without people named Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham. Different singer and moving on? Hell yes! I'd love to see it!

John Miles(sp?) did a great job with Jimmy and Jason on the Outrider album/tour in '88. Don't know of his current status in the least but I do remember him nailing the high register on OTHAFA.

Just a thought. Surprised no one has mentioned it. Then again, I haven't read every single post.

John Miles(sp?) did a great job with Jimmy and Jason on the Outrider album/tour in '88. Don't know of his current status in the least but I do remember him nailing the high register on OTHAFA.

Just a thought. Surprised no one has mentioned it. Then again, I haven't read every single post.

I just think he's too old. I have always been a fan of John Miles but I don't think that he's be appropriate. IMHO.

I just think he's too old. I have always been a fan of John Miles but I don't think that he's be appropriate. IMHO.

Yeah, I wasn't sure of his age or if he even still sings. I was listening to boots from Cleveland and Phillly last night and it occurred to me. I really think he did the Zep tunes alot of justice on that tour. Actually come to think of it, I kinda prefer his singing on Midnight Moonlight as well.

Refresh my memory if you would, was he with Gram Parsons Project? It escapes me.

:unsure:

Yeah, I wasn't sure of his age or if he even still sings. I was listening to boots from Cleveland and Phillly last night and it occurred to me. I really think he did the Zep tunes alot of justice on that tour. Actually come to think of it, I kinda prefer his singing on Midnight Moonlight as well.

Refresh my memory if you would, was he with Gram Parsons Project? It escapes me.

:unsure:

No - he's English. Had a big hit with "Music" ( was my first love, and it will be my last...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMApWem9RM

No - he's English. Had a big hit with "Music" ( was my first love, and it will be my last...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMApWem9RM

Ok, thanks. It helped to go to his website. LOL. It was Alan Parsons I was thinking of. I'll check out the you tube when I get home. Streaming absolutely sucks at work. LOL

Thx again!

That guy in alterbrige has covered Kashmir Rock and Roll as well as the original travelling riverside blues. this guy has the creditionals i was watchin him singing the "juice run down my leg" and thought for a new band this would be great. Hed have to sack off his buddies though

no,no,no!

am i the only one who thinks getting a new singer is complete bollocks!!

The thing is Darth, it's not a new singer for Led Zeppelin! It's a singer for their new band/project whatever you want to call it.

Was there all this hoo-ha when Jimmy and Jason went out on the road/recorded with John Miles?? I doubt it.

The thing is Darth, it's not a new singer for Led Zeppelin! It's a singer for their new band/project whatever you want to call it.

Was there all this hoo-ha when Jimmy and Jason went out on the road/recorded with John Miles?? I doubt it.

No there wasn't and there shouldn't be now. They're music will require a singer and I'm confident that whom ever it is, it will be a great album and tour

Couple other thoughts

Jeff Tate....Queensryche

Milos Matijevic.....SteelHeart

The vocalist from Godsmack, don't remember his name.....I love the version of Good Times Bad Times that they recently did.

I love Geoff Tate (My #2 fav singer), don't get me wrong but, Tate's voice doesn't sound like Rage for Order anymore...

Not sure about John Miles. I thought he was ok on Outrider, but I felt he didn't do that good of a job with the Zeppelin material. He just seems to be a little rough around the edges to me. Can sing blues well though.

If they do decide to get another singer, the band cant have anything to do with zep. It would be just a side project like the Alison and plant deal. who ever they do choose though... i cant wait to see jimmy back on stage.

Definitely see your point but in fairness there was no Internet or message boards back then either. Not to say there would've been aforementioned hoo-ha but it's possible.

That guy in alterbrige has covered Kashmir Rock and Roll as well as the original travelling riverside blues. this guy has the creditionals i was watchin him singing the "juice run down my leg" and thought for a new band this would be great. Hed have to sack off his buddies though

Yes. :) He's my top pick. Myles Kennedy.

R B)

No but Jason Bonham has :rolleyes:

The only thing that Jason confirmed was that they were jamming together occasionally. He never said that they had concrete plans to do a tour or album or anything that we will ever get to hear for ourselves. When and if Jimmy or JPJ announce something new, great. Until then, the rumors and nonsense will get even worse from both the press and the "fans"

Chris Cornell

I would love if it were Chris Cornell, but he might get classified as a "replacement singer" even though Audioslave were technically a new band - it really was just Chris and "the other guys from RATM besides the singer".

Archived