New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely see your point but in fairness there was no Internet or message boards back then either. Not to say there would've been aforementioned hoo-ha but it's possible.

True. You sometimes forget that yes, there was a time without this www thingy ;):D

Oh dear, a Robert wannabe. Sorry folks, I've never gone for her.

I love Ann Wilson. But I am not keen on her for this project. She's too established and distinctive.

In fact, the longer this debate goes on, I'm wanting it to be Jason. After his great performance singing with Deborah over the weekend, I think he could take it on admirably even though he hasn't had much lead vocal experience. Not that it will happen but after such suggestions as Tyler, Jason would be so welcome...even though I am bias ;)

Here is a prime example of what a great singer Jason is ;):D

Jason's an Urban Spaceman!

Edited by MissHoneydripper

:(

I love Ann Wilson. But I am not keen on her for this project. She's too established and distinctive.In fact, the longer this debate goes on, I'm wanting it to be Jason. After his great performance singing with Deborah over the weekend, I think he could take it on admirably even though he hasn't had much lead vocal experience. Not that it will happen but after such suggestions as Tyler, Jason would be so welcome...even though I am bias ;)

Musically speaking, Dreamboat Annie was a good album.The influence was undeniable and an obvious  tribute to "They who must not be named"!

I feel your pain MissHD :console: , but the best you could hope for is back up vocals.:( Just think how good it'll be just for you to see him flailing away on the Ludwigs! :yay:

Edited by Reggie29
In fact, the longer this debate goes on, I'm wanting it to be Jason. After his great performance singing with Deborah over the weekend, I think he could take it on admirably even though he hasn't had much lead vocal experience. Not that it will happen but after such suggestions as Tyler, Jason would be so welcome...even though I am bias ;)

I agree, jason could be good singing some of the led zeppelin stuff. They could also do some songs instrumental, would be very cool. They could also have a guest vocalist maybe. I'd rather hear a low key singer singing with -page/jones these days, than some plant70s type of singer.

With jason singing, he'd bring a totally different sound to the songs. That could be very interesting, let alone some new material.

Edited by middlezep
Couple other thoughts

Jeff Tate....Queensryche

Milos Matijevic.....SteelHeart

The vocalist from Godsmack, don't remember his name.....I love the version of Good Times Bad Times that they recently did.

Sully would probably pee his pants if he got the gig. He mentions Zep quite a bit throughout his autobiography.

Actually Myles is more like John Miles/Chris Farlow from the outrider days (I still love that album) but he's two decades younger, can fill in/challenge Jimmy in a live context (Jimmy's composer's leaninings flourish in a multi guitar setup - like with the Crowes). Jimmy pushes/leads and can lay back and layer when appropriate. It is very freeing for him. AND unlike the Crowes gutarists Audley Freed and Rich Robinson, Myles actually plays more often like Jimmy Page and reveres Jimmy's style naturally.

I think that he can do more of a fill-in on the Zep numbers, rather than mimic Plant (No one can do that, save that guy form Virtual Zeppelin). We'll get the bombast without the playfulness of RP.

Myles also adds a little modern somthin', sumthin' for the ladies. The androgynous 70's being replaced by some modern muscle. This one's for you Misshonneydripper.

For me, it's all about what new magic the three J's can conjure. New unheard magic.

I dont know how well it would go over having ane wilson front the band. Im hoping for something with a soothing yet with driving force. But i mean anyway you look at it, it will be a whole different band and will have little to do with the old zeppelin sept 2 of the members where is the original one... sad but true.

Actually Myles is more like John Miles/Chris Farlow from the outrider days (I still love that album) but he's two decades younger, can fill in/challenge Jimmy in a live context (Jimmy's composer's leaninings flourish in a multi guitar setup - like with the Crowes). Jimmy pushes/leads and can lay back and layer when appropriate. It is very freeing for him. AND unlike the Crowes gutarists Audley Freed and Rich Robinson, Myles actually plays more often like Jimmy Page and reveres Jimmy's style naturally.

I think that he can do more of a fill-in on the Zep numbers, rather than mimic Plant (No one can do that, save that guy form Virtual Zeppelin). We'll get the bombast without the playfulness of RP.

Myles also adds a little modern somthin', sumthin' for the ladies. The androgynous 70's being replaced by some modern muscle. This one's for you Misshonneydripper.

For me, it's all about what new magic the three J's can conjure. New unheard magic.

Thanks Buk! I would definitely enjoy watching those marvellous arms rather than Ann Wilson :bagoverhead:

In fact Myles out front with Jason working his magic on the drums ....wow, that's done it for me. Sorted. :D

I love Ann Wilson. But I am not keen on her for this project. She's too established and distinctive.

Ann Wilson is a great singer, but I agree - she's too well known to be the singer. I'd rather have one of the lads do it - Jason, maybe - or have a complete unknown. I fear that once two established artists get together it'll be more of a collaboration than a reunion, and that's defeating the object.

Myles Kennedy is certainly one of many good possibility's. I'm with you on the new unheard magic BUK. That's what it will be about for me. If you think about it, not unlike what waiting for a new Zep album was like. I haven't been this excited about an album in years :)

Imo -jason bonham singing and playing the drums would be cool. Ofcourse not for all the songs, could see kashmir, stairway and achilles being great instrumentals...fans singing along ofcourse, like page88 playing stairway. Plus it would be so cool if they played some -jpj tunes like zooma and nosumi blues...would love to hear -page playing on those songs. What about some of the instrumental -page songs off -outrider that jason played on, that would be very cool to hear too.

Hey, as long as they dont let -jpj sing -ice fishing at night, or -when you fall in love, it would make for a great heavy rock music show.

Anyone else but Robert singing and I'm sorry but it's not Led Zeppelin it would be like Karoke.Do not go down the same road as May and Taylor by exploiting a great band's heritage>If Robert does'nt want to do it then leave it be.

If they hit the road it won't be billed as Zeppelin. They obvious want to play together, and who can blame them! The O2 was brilliant. THE MUSICIANS WERE TIGHT AS HELL!

So they're supposed to not hit the road cuz Percy doesn't want to join them? BULLSHIT!!

If they hit the road it won't be billed as Zeppelin. They obvious want to play together, and who can blame them! The O2 was brilliant. THE MUSICIANS WERE TIGHT AS HELL!

So they're supposed to not hit the road cuz Percy doesn't want to join them? BULLSHIT!!

Ditto x 2

Bring some music on Jimmy Jonesy and Jason B)

bath1969 Today, 11:05 AM Post #590

Anyone else but Robert singing and I'm sorry but it's not Led Zeppelin it would be like Karoke.Do not go down the same road as May and Taylor by exploiting a great band's heritage>If Robert does'nt want to do it then leave it be.

why can robert play zeppelin songs? i'm not talking about the "rearranging" he does, i heard plant make his comeback live doing a shitload of zep soundalike on the now and zen tour.

jimmy play live and ignore his catalogue? whatever...

isn't it about expectations? want to see page play live? then don't tell him how to do it or you can can buy a les paul and do it yourself.

there's room for everybody....

Edited by beatbo

That's bogus man. I feel the same way as many others, I don't think they should replace Plant. But if they decide to at least don't mention any Zeppelin at all within the tour. I'd feel much differently towards them for it.

You can replace any instrument and it can make the same sound, but once you change the singer, it gives the band a different feel.

I remember Plant giving a good reason why he wouldn't. I really don't understand why they don't go for one last tour, but I understood why when he said, "It was so right, but then so wrong. How do you make it right again?". I think if they were to do a tour Plant would want to feel as though he's playing with the guys again, but he knows he can't go crazy like he did in the old days. He doesn't want to end it on a bad note, he'd rather keep Zeppelin the way they were remembered. Once Bonham died, I'm glad they didn't plan any tours. Plant even said then, "To replace him, was just, secondary." He felt it to be trashy to replace someone. I think it would be trashy if they replaced Plant because they're really ready to do a tour and will do one without him. If they really want to make it right, at least have the Golden God singing and not an "American Guy". I would be pissed if an American Guy was singing my songs and taking the credit.

I understand if they want to record in the studio and everything, I mean, they are musicians - it's what they do. But they should really think about what they do before touring. They don't want to end on the note -

"The very last Led Zeppelin tour didn't have Robert Plant as the frontman, and they were thinking of releasing new material". It just wouldn't feel right. I think they should completely rethink what they're doing before they just completely replace him. That's like replacing any of the other members, it just doesn't feel like Zeppelin. Just because someone can sing good doesn't mean they give the prescence and magic the original member had. That's like saying, "We found an amazing guitar player who can play just like Page could, so we're going to replace him". It's not the same as seeing Pagey run across the stage and jam on that guitar like it should be.

I agree Bath to a point. If Robert isnt going to sing then they should keep it to mostly new songs and just a few old, because the last thing you want is a "sing a Like" (another Robert). If thats what everyone is looking for they might as well go to see the tribute bands. Either way I'm going to see the remaining boy's plus Jason. Who ever they get doesn't effect how I feel about them or their music. They are an Iconic band regardless and I love em!!!

Why talk about a "new singer" at all when that story was a hoax, too? Do you really think Jimmy, JPJ and Jason are auditioning for a new one? These rumors are as stale as a three day-old doughnut. This topic must die. Thank you.

Sorry to be all cranky about her, MissHD--I was never a huge fan of Heart, but once heard an interview with them where they said first they wanted to sound like Zep, then like the Eagles, then...so I really didn't come away feeling impressed! Jason at the very least would be fab singing all the parts his dad used to! It'd be interesting to see how he'd do on other things, too!

Why talk about a "new singer" at all when that story was a hoax, too? Do you really think Jimmy, JPJ and Jason are auditioning for a new one? These rumors are as stale as a three day-old doughnut. This topic must die. Thank you.

It was the Led Zeppelin reunion rumours that were hoax. Robert announced his statement to quell them.

I gotta go for the guy from Virtual Zep. That guy is so close to Robert that if you closed your eyes you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. I would love to see what he could do with original material from the boys. It boggles the mind!

I gotta go for the guy from Virtual Zep. That guy is so close to Robert that if you closed your eyes you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. I would love to see what he could do with original material from the boys. It boggles the mind!

But do we really want to see Zeppelin turned into a tribute band of itself? I personally don't.