New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

But do we really want to see Zeppelin turned into a tribute band of itself? I personally don't.

Oh I know many people have voiced their opinion against a Robert Imitator, but this guy is so close. I would love to hear what he does with new material from the guys. The guy is so so good I cant help wanting to hear that.

Sorry but its my opinion and I am sticking with it! :D

I would love to add that guy to my roster of musicians. I already messaged him. I am a huge fan now! I gotta put him in a band! :D

I gotta go for the guy from Virtual Zep. That guy is so close to Robert that if you closed your eyes you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. I would love to see what he could do with original material from the boys. It boggles the mind!

I don't think this is what Jimmy, JPJ and Jason have in mind. As Allison said, if this was the case it would look like a LZ tribute band!

Oh I know many people have voiced their opinion against a Robert Imitator, but this guy is so close. I would love to hear what he does with new material from the guys. The guy is so so good I cant help wanting to hear that.

I would love to add that guy to my roster of musicians. I already messaged him. I am a huge fan now! I gotta put him in a band! :D

Certainly understand your feelings but I share how Allison and Miss Honeydripper feel in that I think a RP imitator will turn them into a tribute type band. If they're working on new material, a singer with his (or her) own style would make a lot more sense IMO.

Certainly understand your feelings but I share how Allison and Miss Honeydripper feel in that I think a RP imitator will turn them into a tribute type band. If they're working on new material, a singer with his (or her) own style would make a lot more sense IMO.

Lets analyze this without the context of James being a "Robert Plant Imitator" for a second.

1) The man can clearly sing with emotion and great feel

2) He has an incredible range

3) I am sure being human he has his "own" style and not everything he does sounds exactly like Robert Plant.

4) He can play guitar

In that context why wouldnt he be a good candidate?

Lets analyze this without the context of James being a "Robert Plant Imitator" for a second.

3) I am sure being human he has his "own" style and not everything he does sounds exactly like Robert Plant.

4) He can play guitar

Because it would come across as a Robert Plant replacement rather than someone with his/her own identity and adding his/her own flavor to whatever the 3 J's are doing. Not to mention we have no idea what sound/style etc. they're working on and some Robert Plant imitator could very well not be the right fit. At any rate, I trust the guys to find someone awesome!

We'll have to agree to disagree here :D

4) He can play guitar

I am not saying he isn't a great singer. But, to quote your previous post, you said That guy is so close to Robert that if you closed your eyes you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

which is the context I was replying to :)

Because it would come across as a Robert Plant replacement rather than someone with his/her own identity and adding his/her own flavor to whatever the 3 J's are doing. Not to mention we have no idea what sound/style etc. they're working on and some Robert Plant imitator could very well not be the right fit. At any rate, I trust the guys to find someone awesome!

We'll have to agree to disagree here :D

Thats why I was asking you to consider his singing "apart" from the Virtual Zeppelin stuff. Listen to this:

Its one of his original tunes with his own vibe/feel in it. It sounds fantastic! I would LOVE to hear what this guy could do with the boys.

And in the end, doesnt it come down to making great music? I think this guy would make GREAT music with them.

Ideally Jimmy & John would bring in a singer who has something to contribute himself, rather than someone who sounds and/or looks something like Robert. Someone like Paul Rodgers would have been ideal, but obviously he's got a similar gig with the guys from Queen.

4) He can play guitar

Apart from being a great imitator, THEY don't need another guitarist, there are two already.

It would seem he is singing in his real voice and so far I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest otherwise.

Just because it's on Youtube doesn't mean it's real, after all they are a "virtual" band.

Whatever, they do sound good, better than a lot of other tribute bands, real or imaginary.

Anyway the decision on who will or won't be the singer (if in fact there is a need for one), will not be influenced by anyone here on this forum, individually or collectively.

It was the Led Zeppelin reunion rumours that were hoax. Robert announced his statement to quell them.

And so is the "new singer" rumor a hoax; that story broke before the "Robert's returning" rumor. Robert waited a short while before he got it together to clear his story. The confirmation of a "new singer" is way overdue. It's been what, 2-3 weeks now? It's simply not true.

I still wish Jimmy would work with Steve Winwood. *sigh*

And for those who have been asking - no, I'm absolutely NOT suggesting Stephen Stills is the singer with the new project!

I was on a flight with Winwood back in June, I should have said something!

He's still very recognizable, and I was shocked to see him flying coach!

I still wish Jimmy would work with Steve Winwood. *sigh*

That would be interesting, for a page/winwood project.

page/jones and jason are probably going to be doing some heavy heavy music... if the sound at the 02 is any indication of what their planning for a new record. they may go for material that is as heavy as the songs off -zooma, stuff where singing would be secondary to the music.

I was on a flight with Winwood back in June, I should have said something!

He's still very recognizable, and I was shocked to see him flying coach!

I would have bugged him the whole flight. :) He was on tour with Petty in the US in June, right?

But you can tell when he sings that he is concentrating on imitation and not being himself. He's just recreating the album and as we all know Robert rarely sang the same song the same way twice.

[

Was there all this hoo-ha when Jimmy and Jason went out on the road/recorded with John Miles?? I doubt it.

------------------------------

You're absolutely correct Miss H.

Outrider did not sell in mega proportions but the 1988 Jimmy Page tour revealed a very professional and well-rounded singer in John Miles. He did the songs justice and Page got to play his balls off. Just saw footage of John Miles a few weeks back rehearsing with Tina Turner for her upcoming tour and he still looked and sounded fine.

I would have bugged him the whole flight. :) He was on tour with Petty in the US in June, right?

Correct, and here's the funny part. I was upgraded from coach to first class (a very rare occurence!) on a flight from Newark, NJ to Cleveland. So I'm sitting there, the last open seat in first class is next to me, and on walks Steve Winwood! So of course my mind is racing; "Holy crap! He's going to sit next to me! Be cool! What will I talk about? I love Traffic, etc. etc..."

Then he walks right past me into coach! I couldn't believe it! There were a lot of flights being cancelled/delayed that day due to bad weather in the midwest, so I guess he was just getting to Cleveland any way he could. I'm sure it was him because I got on the internet that night and looked it up, he was playing in the area with Petty.

Would have loved to have asked him about the ARMS concert if I could've mustered the balls!

Correct, and here's the funny part. I was upgraded from coach to first class (a very rare occurence!) on a flight from Newark, NJ to Cleveland. So I'm sitting there, the last open seat in first class is next to me, and on walks Steve Winwood! So of course my mind is racing; "Holy crap! He's going to sit next to me! Be cool! What will I talk about? I love Traffic, etc. etc..."

Then he walks right past me into coach! I couldn't believe it! There were a lot of flights being cancelled/delayed that day due to bad weather in the midwest, so I guess he was just getting to Cleveland any way he could. I'm sure it was him because I got on the internet that night and looked it up, he was playing in the area with Petty.

Would have loved to have asked him about the ARMS concert if I could've mustered the balls!

Ha ha I would have requested a downgrade!!

Archived