New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

But you can tell when he sings that he is concentrating on imitation and not being himself. He's just recreating the album and as we all know Robert rarely sang the same song the same way twice.

So what! This guy sounds so damn good it really doesn't matter what he's "concentrating on" or if he "sings songs the same way twice" or not.

If Page Jones & Bonham are putting a project together and going to tour, then you know the bulk of the material live will be Zeppelin songs, this is the perfect person to do the job.

I personally think people would be blown away by this guy singing Zep songs with P J & B.

As far as original material, that remains to be seen, but being able to pull off Zeppelin material like he can is a very big and important part of it.

If I were Jimmy Page, I'd definitely give him a shot at it.

well you have to think of it as well i mean they dont wanna replace plant and alot of people mgiht think thats the image they are portraying. i mean yeah he might be an awsome "fill in" Not replacement. If they do get someone to front my moneies on it being someone complealty different from page in sound and image.

I hear it could be Ann Wilson from Heart. That's the buzz at FBO.

I think she can definitely sing, but wouldn't be right for JP, JPJ and Jason... We need either Robert (not likely now) or someone new and younger like Myles Kennedy. :)

I would have bugged him the whole flight. :) He was on tour with Petty in the US in June, right?

Yes. Petty and Winwood were touring this past summer (They put on an excellent concert in Atlanta / Verizon Wireless). :D

R B)

haha must have been nerve racking thinkign of what to say... I dunno what i would have asked i probally would have asks so many questions that hed throw me off the plane lol.

did he have security with him? was he travelling alone?

Thanks Buk! I would definitely enjoy watching those marvellous arms rather than Ann Wilson :bagoverhead:

In fact Myles out front with Jason working his magic on the drums ....wow, that's done it for me. Sorted. :D

You are too funny Miss H :lol: Great bag for ole Ann!! I'm sure you couldn't find one to fit over her :blink:

I still wish Jimmy would work with Steve Winwood. *sigh*

And for those who have been asking - no, I'm absolutely NOT suggesting Stephen Stills is the singer with the new project!

Be still my heart would that be worth a million bucks! Sigh...alas no I can't see it happening either but it's fun to ponder.

I still wish Jimmy would work with Steve Winwood. *sigh*

AGREED AGREED AGREED! I think I mentioned Winwood a few months ago because of his multi-instrumental ability (guitar, keyboards) as well as his still fantastic voice.

AGREED AGREED AGREED! I think I mentioned Winwood a few months ago because of his multi-instrumental ability (guitar, keyboards) as well as his still fantastic voice.

It is still very much fantastic - I saw him a few months ago on his own. Played two hours' straight and sounded amazing as was his band :D

I think you're misunderstanding me- my interest is in official band-released reports, not hearsay or something a fan publishes which is construed as fact.

zeptangerine, it's not hearsay (#180, same thread) but anyway, in the words of a certain song, all will be revealed.........in time B)

So what! This guy sounds so damn good it really doesn't matter what he's "concentrating on" or if he "sings songs the same way twice" or not.

If Page Jones & Bonham are putting a project together and going to tour, then you know the bulk of the material live will be Zeppelin songs, this is the perfect person to do the job.

I personally think people would be blown away by this guy singing Zep songs with P J & B.

As far as original material, that remains to be seen, but being able to pull off Zeppelin material like he can is a very big and important part of it.

If I were Jimmy Page, I'd definitely give him a shot at it.

But you're not and I doubt it would be him and I hope it isn't.

The more I think about it an instrumental thing woud be better.

Anyone who has heard classical music recitals played by a symphony orchestra will know

you don't need vocals to put on a good show.

The boys would shit it in on their own.

Winwood is a musical genius with a voice to kill for.

Seems like quite a few people are into him around this place... I posted two links to his performances in Forgotten Treasures last night (probably dated as "today" because it was past midnight... I stayed up late :blink: listening to him... and just couldn't get enough...) sadly very mush underrated.

A riddle- now there's the answer I didn't expect.

In what way was my answer "a riddle"? It was pretty bloody straightforward.

No, I don't wish to "prove it" for you.

Your proof will be provided by time - but time will provide it when it chooses, not when you demand it.

No riddles at all.

And no heresay.

The way the economy is headed worldwide, nobody is going to have the money for concerts. Get going guys, time is not on our side.

The world will bounce back if anything, they put on these shows to boast the economy within the city they are playing in. Them comming means alot more money comming in and out of the city so hey it might swing to our direction.

I haven't been back here since page 6 but can see this is still a touchy subject and probably will be for awhile. With that said I don't think Ann Wilson as a replacement would fit well. Adding the sisters giving Jimmy a second guitarist though could be really interesting given the different parts in a lot of Zeppelin tunes. Of course it should be a new project under a new name but the idea has merit IMO. Wishful thinking I know. Out of respect to Robert I suspect Ann would decline anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdYBD17NTj8

Well this gals got a voice that would work. She's hot too :D

Chicks that can sing hard rock are great and it would be a great change of pace. I just think it's problematic. I mean, you can avoid some songs, but some staples that would be required for the much-anticipated jam sessions are problematic. Like how do you get past Dazed and Confused "soul of a woman was created below"? Maybe you could medley-ize some of this stuff into a melange. You'd really have to dance around those mines. Just too many songs written from a male perspective singing about and/or directed towards women.

Archived