New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

I just have to say, Steve Winwood would be an absolutely horrible pick. When he was "good" in the best days of his career, he still sounded like a eunuch. How about doing something good and fresh, and something that rocks? I am not high on Dave Grohl for this assignment, but how about Jack White, with he and Jimmy creating a wall of sound? Jack could lay down the vocals in his inimatable fashion for the anthems and sound like a man possessed. And, the new music he and Jimmy might produce is a tantalizing proposition. Jack White just might be the most talented young musician of our time. Regurgitating old, tired vocalists like Winwood would be an insult to the long shadow of Robert Plant, and would make the new Zep feel like new Coca Cola all over again. If this thing is going to take off right, it needs exceptional talent to lead it in a new direction. Jack White, or if you insist on the best vocalist in rock, Chris Cornell, would be a step in the right direction. Those are not two names I am married to, but it has to be in the spirit that guys like that would bring to the project. The writing for the new album must be exceptional, and the lineup must be able to perform 2.5 hours of music live that never lets off the throttle. That is a tall order if you are planning to pluck some geezer from the seventies out of Bingo at the retirement home.

I just have to say, Steve Winwood would be an absolutely horrible pick. When he was "good" in the best days of his career, he still sounded like a eunuch. How about doing something good and fresh, and something that rocks? I am not high on Dave Grohl for this assignment, but how about Jack White, with he and Jimmy creating a wall of sound? Jack could lay down the vocals in his inimatable fashion for the anthems and sound like a man possessed. And, the new music he and Jimmy might produce is a tantalizing proposition. Jack White just might be the most talented young musician of our time. Regurgitating old, tired vocalists like Winwood would be an insult to the long shadow of Robert Plant, and would make the new Zep feel like new Coca Cola all over again. If this thing is going to take off right, it needs exceptional talent to lead it in a new direction. Jack White, or if you insist on the best vocalist in rock, Chris Cornell, would be a step in the right direction. Those are not two names I am married to, but it has to be in the spirit that guys like that would bring to the project. The writing for the new album must be exceptional, and the lineup must be able to perform 2.5 hours of music live that never lets off the throttle. That is a tall order if you are planning to pluck some geezer from the seventies out of Bingo at the retirement home.

Wow! No-one has suggested Jack W or Chris C yet!!!!! Epiphany.

:rolleyes:

I saw Winwood solo a few months ago. He played two hours straight and his voice was every bit of what it used to be and more.

I will be seeing him in a couple of days so will let you know if his voice is as shit as someone thinks it is.

I very much doubt it even before the event having listened to the very show you saw ninelives B)

I will be seeing him in a couple of days so will let you know if his voice is as shit as someone thinks it is.

I very much doubt it even before the event having listened to the very show you saw ninelives B)

I'll pretend not to be jealous :D Twas a great show I saw wasn't it!

I just have to say, Steve Winwood would be an absolutely horrible pick. When he was "good" in the best days of his career, he still sounded like a eunuch.

Your "good" in quotation marks in regards to Steve's voice seems to indicate - correct me if I'm wrong - that you don't think he was ever really good. Of course the fact that Robert Plant himself called Winwood a "stellar vocalist" doesn't matter. Why should it? Your opinion on the subject is infinitely more important. :rolleyes:

I would love to see Steve Winwood with Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason. His guitar and keyboard skills would allow for some amazing new sounds and fuller live versions of Zeppelin songs (especially those with overdubs — TSRTS, Black Dog, Ten Years Gone, In The Light, etc).

The only problem I can see its that with his own great career I don't know if he'd be interested in playing old Zeppelin songs. Unlike Myles Kennedy and Ann Wilson, he isn't known for playing Zeppelin covers in concert.

Whoever it is, I know Jimmy will be able to find the right person.

I think it might be Jack White. Jimmy and Jack have a really good relationship and Jimmy thinks Jack plays really well. Yes I know he would be singing, but he's a good singer also.

Then it would be the 4 J's

Jimmy, John, Jason and Jack.

I think it might be Jack White. Jimmy and Jack have a really good relationship and Jimmy thinks Jack plays really well. Yes I know he would be singing, but he's a good singer also.

Then it would be the 4 J's

Jimmy, John, Jason and Jack.

I think Jack could be a good choice .I do wonder if he would struggle if he was singing led zeppelin songs that really need those high(g's) to pull them off.Also what will jacks side kick drummer do if jack jumps ship."Meg" is ok but her style of drumming is just not quite the style the 3-4j's would need :lol:

I would love to see Steve Winwood with Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason. His guitar and keyboard skills would allow for some amazing new sounds and fuller live versions of Zeppelin songs (especially those with overdubs — TSRTS, Black Dog, Ten Years Gone, In The Light, etc).

The only problem I can see its that with his own great career I don't know if he'd be interested in playing old Zeppelin songs. Unlike Myles Kennedy and Ann Wilson, he isn't known for playing Zeppelin covers in concert.

Whoever it is, I know Jimmy will be able to find the right person.

I honestly wasn't suggesting he could be in the frame for this project. I don't believe there is even the slimmest chance of that.

Just expressing a long-held dream.

I think Jack could be a good choice .I do wonder if he would struggle if he was singing led zeppelin songs that really need those high(g's) to pull them off.Also what will jacks side kick drummer do if jack jumps ship."Meg" is ok but her style of drumming is just not quite the style the 3-4j's would need :lol:

Jack would drop her in a heart beat to play with Jimmy.

Jack has another band ans who know what Meg does when he tours with them.

I honestly wasn't suggesting he could be in the frame for this project. I don't believe there is even the slimmest chance of that.

Just expressing a long-held dream.

It'd be cool to have Winwood open for them and maybe do some encores/jams together, though. :)

R B)

Don't think Paul Rodgers would be a good idea. With Bad Co. he was fine, but once he teamed up with Jimmy in The Firm, he made the music pretty bland. When JP does something the music and performance is usually much more creative, unique and exceiting than that. Unfortunately, that's what you got with The Firm. But they had their good moments as well.

Archived