New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Ridiculous. Where has this been confirmed? And by whom? It hasn't, and while it hasn't, the speculation will continue. Hence there is no need for a new thread.

The discussion on Robert is another matter; it is entirely irrelevant to this topic, but it just seems to resurface ad infinitum, and all over the place.

It's in the Guardian dated today and many other places. It starts with Dee Snider from Twisted Sister who got it from ... Myles Kennedy no doubt, although he won't say it. Here's the Guardian link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/oct/1...elin-new-singer

And here's the google "Myles Kennedy Led Zeppelin" search results page.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=m...mp;aq=f&oq=

It's all over the place. "Sources confirmed" in journalism means that more than one source has confirmed it. We've got Snider, industry sources and now major newspapers writing it up. Myles Kennedy and Led Zeppelin. It's real.

It's in the Guardian dated today and many other places. It starts with Dee Snider from Twisted Sister who got it from ... Myles Kennedy no doubt, although he won't say it. Here's the Guardian link:

It's all over the place. "Sources confirmed" in journalism means that more than one source has confirmed it. We've got Snider, industry sources and now major newspapers writing it up. Myles Kennedy and Led Zeppelin. It's real.

Actually, The Guardian picked up the completely fallacious "Robert said yes" story from The Sun, so I wouldn't necessarily set much store by these stories now.

But, ugh, Jimmy, please not Myles!!!!!

The only people who can confirm it are Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

No need to repeat what Allison just said; and I am pretty sure you are wrong as to where Dee Snider got his version of the story; moreover he cannot be considered a reliable source in this matter.

The only people who can confirm it are Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

No need to repeat what Allison just said; and I am pretty sure you are wrong as to where Dee Snider got his version of the story; moreover he cannot be considered a reliable source in this matter.

Snider's a sharp guy, extremely bright guy. I think he was a schoolteacher before he had success in that band. I think he's pretty reliable, and the cat's out of the bag. Yes, i'm guessing as to Myles being the source, of course. But, NO, Jimmy and John Paul are not the only people to confirm it. Jimmy Page may be the Myles Davis of rock but we don't need him to confirm that he bought a cup of coffee in Pickadilly when ten people saw him do it. The cat is out of the bag r.e. Myles Kennedy.

Snider's a sharp guy, extremely bright guy. I think he was a schoolteacher before he had success in that band. I think he's pretty reliable, and the cat's out of the bag. Yes, i'm guessing as to Myles being the source, of course. But, NO, they're not the only people to confirm it. Jimmy Page may be the Myles Davis of rock but we don't need him to confirm that he bought a cup of coffee in Pickadilly when ten people saw him do it. The cat is out of the bag r.e. Myles Kennedy.

I wasn't commenting on Dee as a person. He has an indirect connection with Robert Plant (who we know is not involved in the new project). Jimmy buying a cup of coffee is not a statement that Led Zeppelin will be touring with Myles Kennedy.

I am not saying that they aren't working with Myles, or that they don't intend to work with him. If - if - that is actually the case we still don't know what the exact nature of the collaboration is, still less that they intend to do it as Led Zeppelin.

We still don't have an official statement, that's all.

Unsubstantiated rumour and hearsay coupled with theories amount to nothing but endless speculation.

The media picks up on something from someone outside the band in the way of an offhand remark taken out of context and all of a sudden it's gospel truth.

One thing for certain is the silence coming from JP and JPJ is deafening.

Another thing, this Myles Kennedy bloke hasn't said anything either to confirm or deny any possibilities, has he?

Whether it's because of confidentiality or simply that it's all pure fantasy I guess we just have to wait and see.

Until we have an official announcement it is safe to say nothing is happening.

The only certainty is Robert won't be involved in anything in the foreseeable future so maybe that's the end of Led Zeppelin as we know it.

I wasn't commenting on Dee as a person. He has an indirect connection with Robert Plant (who we know is not involved in the new project). Jimmy buying a cup of coffee is not a statement that Led Zeppelin will be touring with Myles Kennedy.

I am not saying that they aren't working with Myles, or that they don't intend to work with him. If - if - that is actually the case we still don't know what the exact nature of the collaboration is, still less that they intend to do it as Led Zeppelin.

We still don't have an official statement, that's all.

He's been rehearsing with them. That's the cup of coffee.

Just to make sure you all know. Myles Kennedy was never in Creed nor did he replace anyone in Creed. Myles had already made a career for himself before the memebers of the defunct Creed gave him a call to form a totaly new band. A band that has never played the first Creed song live. Creed's singer was an ass and the rest of the guys got tired of a radio driven band. Thats why they formed Alter Bridge. The rest of the guys are decent folks. Myles has the up most respect for Plant and Zeppelin and would never step on anyone's toes.. If Jimmy Page called you today and said "hey we need a singer why dont you come jam". What would you tell him? Almost all of us would jump at the oppertunity. If Page has recruited Myles, we all are in for a treat I promise you.

:lol:

Jason better watch out, Boy George is partial to a man behind the kit :D:D

That's right!I had forgotten Boy George and Jon Moss had action outside Culture Club.Jason,face the crowd while keeping eyes in the back of your head.

I always thought Boy George was a hoot,and not too bad a singer to boot.

And why has no one suggested Tom Jones?He has a UK pedigree and last time I looked,women were still wanting him to father their children.

I could picture Jimmy blushing as the panties piled up onstage.

And why has no one suggested Tom Jones?He has a UK pedigree and last time I looked,women were still wanting him to father their children.

Very interesting suggestion given his history with JP and JPJ but highly doubtful for a slew o' reasons. I just saw him in Atlantic City last year and can attest to the fact he hasn't lost a step AT ALL in the singing dept. AND the drawers are still flying. Granted they are much larger these days. LOL

Just to make sure you all know. Myles Kennedy was never in Creed nor did he replace anyone in Creed. Myles had already made a career for himself before the memebers of the defunct Creed gave him a call to form a totaly new band. A band that has never played the first Creed song live. Creed's singer was an ass and the rest of the guys got tired of a radio driven band. Thats why they formed Alter Bridge. The rest of the guys are decent folks. Myles has the up most respect for Plant and Zeppelin and would never step on anyone's toes.. If Jimmy Page called you today and said "hey we need a singer why dont you come jam". What would you tell him? Almost all of us would jump at the oppertunity. If Page has recruited Myles, we all are in for a treat I promise you.

Nice Post. I also think Myles deserves the benefit of the doubt if the rumors are true. He is not replacing anyone, if this is to be a new project. True Page and Jones were part of the greatest band ever but, this is not them. Let any new music stand on it's merits. Those who believe this will be Zeppelin are wrong, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise. Many bands have interchangeable members and go under the moniker of the original. Nothing particularly wrong with that in most circumstances. Zeppelin at least in my view, was four unique individuals with a particular dynamic and chemistry about them which ceased to exist when one of them was lost. The band members were the first to recognize this uniqueness and that is why they didn't carry on past 1980. The o2 show was done as a one off tribute to someone very near and dear to them, and to raise money for a charity that Ahmet felt strongly enough about to establish. The name Led Zeppelin brought instant recognition and money for Ahmet's scholarship fund so it was used, to full affect. That does not or could not mean that Zeppelin is once again a working band. The real Zeppelin can never come back.

Nice Post. I also think Myles deserves the benefit of the doubt if the rumors are true. He is not replacing anyone, if this is to be a new project. True Page and Jones were part of the greatest band ever but, this is not them. Let any new music stand on it's merits. Those who believe this will be Zeppelin are wrong, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise. Many bands have interchangeable members and go under the moniker of the original. Nothing particularly wrong with that in most circumstances. Zeppelin at least in my view, was four unique individuals with a particular dynamic and chemistry about them which ceased to exist when one of them was lost. The band members were the first to recognize this uniqueness and that is why they didn't carry on past 1980. The o2 show was done as a one off tribute to someone very near and dear to them, and to raise money for a charity that Ahmet felt strongly enough about to establish. The name Led Zeppelin brought instant recognition and money for Ahmet's scholarship fund so it was used, to full affect. That does not or could not mean that Zeppelin is once again a working band. The real Zeppelin can never come back.

Really good post. I would rather see them move in a whole new direction if at all. Then there is nothing to compare it to, it stands on it's own feet.

I like Myles name. It suits where things should be at this time.

Is there any update on this or is it all just speculation at this point, and why are so many people so worked up about it?

At the point of almost a year since the 02, I'm starting to really not give shit and wondering if other's are feeling the same way.

The one thing that keeps me hanging on isn't the music itself, but the potential of what these guys could do for the shape of things to come should they decide that to be a smart move.

Really good post. I would rather see them move in a whole new direction if at all. Then there is nothing to compare it to, it stands on it's own feet.

I like Myles name. It suits where things should be at this time.

Is there any update on this or is it all just speculation at this point, and why are so many people so worked up about it?

At the point of almost a year since the 02, I'm starting to really not give shit and wondering if other's are feeling the same way.

The one thing that keeps me hanging on isn't the music itself, but the potential of what these guys could do for the shape of things to come should they decide that to be a smart move.

They have no choice but to move in a new direction if they are in fact doing anything. I do believe that something from JP and JPJ is on the horizon. What that might be is pure speculation. We have nothing real to go on. Personally I'm hoping for an album of new music.

They have no choice but to move in a new direction if they are in fact doing anything. I do believe that something from JP and JPJ is on the horizon. What that might be is pure speculation. We have nothing real to go on. Personally I'm hoping for an album of new music.

I have been really captivated by Jimmy doing Chopin. I love his work with David, it was so passionate. I just keep dreaming of something that is so far removed from rock n roll on one hand, yet not on the other.

It's like a guy I know in Antigonish who makes bagpipes. He taught pipes in bands for decades and played incredibly well for years before he started making them. He went to a concert the other year, he said it was so otherworldly and eclectic. A whole new direction for pipes. He was really spellbound by it.

Considering pipes were originally instruments of war...

Music needs to evolve just like all things.

I keep wondering about what Jimmy said about all that music he needed to get out of his system...

Have you ever listened to the Boleskine recording clip that's on you tube? The one that Kenneth Anger said was shit? Kenneth Anger doesn't know shit, lol.

Yeah, Jimmy and Tom Jones could reunite after some 40 years since Page last played on his record back in the 60's.

And by the way, before we start praising Dee Snider for his aptitude, the common thought by those who I have spoken with in the industry is that he read about Myles Kennedy off of internet sites like this one so, I wouldn't put anymore life into it than anyone here putting life into it.

And by the way, before we start praising Dee Snider for his aptitude, the common thought by those who I have spoken with in the industry is that he read about Myles Kennedy off of internet sites like this one so, I wouldn't put anymore life into it than anyone here putting life into it.

LOL, that's too funny. But seriously, I like his name.

Would any of the folks on this site stay home if Page, Jones, Bonham, and Kennedy tour in 2009 billed as "Led Zeppelin". I expect most would pay premium prices for this ticket. Response?

Not if it is billed as Led Zeppelin because it is not without Robert Plant. I would be interested to hear something new fresh and a departure from Led Zeppelin. If it could stand on it's own musicaly I would give it a chance. I hope they don't try and go out as Led Zeppelin and ruin there legacy. I hope it will be a new band with new music and not just another classic rock reunion for the sake of living off the past.

After the fevered anticipation of the possibilities over the past year following the O2, I admit that I have grown a little tired of waiting and hoping. I really thought it might have been a possibility for them to get together and do something new- they were that great & on last December.

Having been too young to see Zeppelin by only a few years and unable to attend the O2 I hoped that I would get a shot to see them together. That's not likely to be, so hopefully JP, JPJ will get on with making something new. I've seen Robert perform (I really enjoyed his tour with Allison) and look forward to more things from him although sounds like he's taking a bit a of break.

I just hope that we don't go through such a build-up of anticipation and disappointment again. The Robert-bashing especially got tiresome, and now I think I'm past being excited about a new singer per se and just more interested in hearing anything definitive about new projects. Otherwise, looking ahead the only thing Zep-related to get excited about would be the release of an official DVD of the O2 I think.

Archived