New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Yeah, Myles Kennedy from Creed/Altered Creed has been rehearsing with them and supposedly Pagey and Jonesy are happy with the results. That's confirmed, multiple sources as of this weekend but it started back on Friday. The moderators of this site, however, won't, allow a Myles Kennedy new singer? thread. Hence, the endless discussions about Robert's state of mind.

I think they should trot Kennedy out there this week as a stalking horse, take whatever heat'll come, then change course and find somebody more interesting.

Actually it started long before then. Even on this forum it has been discussed for weeks.

Unsubstantiated rumour and hearsay coupled with theories amount to nothing but endless speculation.

The media picks up on something from someone outside the band in the way of an offhand remark taken out of context and all of a sudden it's gospel truth.

One thing for certain is the silence coming from JP and JPJ is deafening.

Another thing, this Myles Kennedy bloke hasn't said anything either to confirm or deny any possibilities, has he?

Whether it's because of confidentiality or simply that it's all pure fantasy I guess we just have to wait and see.

Until we have an official announcement it is safe to say nothing is happening.

The only certainty is Robert won't be involved in anything in the foreseeable future so maybe that's the end of Led Zeppelin as we know it.

Yep, I am just going to sit tight in the absence of an official announcement, rather than get worked up about who may or may not be singing, and whether or not the band will be called Led Zeppelin.

I agree with you that the silence is deafening. There was an incredible amount of momentum building over a prolonged period of time; and now timing wise, the window seems to be closing.

If I lived in Tennessee, I would vote for Robert. It's about time, I did something for the state of Tennessee other than crossing the state line to buy liquor. I'll even campaign for him if he buys me a fifth of Bacardi Gold once a week. :D

Hell Yeah, Let the party begin! :cheer:

We will make Bacardi Gold the official drink of the Governor's mansion (along with Jack Daniels of course) in honor of you. Welcome aboard.

Is this not more fun than bashing?

I think the most important thing here is- Jimmy and John Paul are ready to do something together. If Robert doesn't want to-then so be it.

Other classic groups are getting on with it as well. Yes was supposed to do a Summer tour celebrating their 40th Anniverary and Jon Anderson- lead singer had to pull out for some health problems, so it was cancelled.

Now I just read on oneod the Yes sites, that they are doing a new tour without Jon Anderson. They are going to have a guy from a yes tribute band do the tour. His name is Benoit David and he is from the tribute band "Close to the Edge." They are also going to have Rick Wakeman's son on keyboards. With the rest of the band being rounded out by Steve Howe, Chris Squire and Alan White. I have seen what the setlist will be and they are doing some obscure songs- some from one of my favs 'Drama.'

Chris Squire stated that as soon as Jon Anderson is feeling better, they welcome him back. So in a nutshell, why should Jimmy, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham sit around and wait for something that may never happen. They need to rock out now.

Chris Squire stated that as soon as Jon Anderson is feeling better, they welcome him back. So in a nutshell, why should Jimmy, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham sit around and wait for something that may never happen. They need to rock out now.

No-one is suggesting that Jimmy and John should wait around for anything. Robert isn't stopping them pusuing their own project. It just won't be Led Zeppelin.

So in a nutshell, why should Jimmy, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham sit around and wait for something that may never happen. They need to rock out now.

The thing is, Robert never asked them to wait for him. Instead, he wished them success.

Yes, they need to rock out now.

Just found this article from Gigwise.

Jack White Denies He Plans To Replace Robert Plant In Led Zeppelin

White Stripes frontman Jack White has distanced himself from reports which suggested he was keen to replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin.

White is one of a number of artists who has been linked to the supposedly vacant position since Plant announced that he had no plans to return to the band.

However, a source close to White told the Daily Star newspaper: “I do not believe you can have a band called Led Zeppelin, singing Zeppelin songs, without Plant.”

Speculation about Led Zeppelin's future has increased after Plant released a statement saying he found the constant speculation around the band's future “frustrating and ridiculous”

In a bid to quash reports that he had agreed to a full reunion tour, Plant insisted that he “will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin”.

Last weekend, new reports suggested Myles Kennedy, who currently fronts Alter Bridge, was ready to tour with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham in Plant's place.

Calls for a Led Zeppelin reunion tour have been consistent since the bands reunion show at the O2 Arena last December, which attracted 1 million applicants for just 9,000 pairs of tickets.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/46759/Jack-Whi...In-Led-Zeppelin

I know, I don't quite understand why it is taking so long for them to make an official announcement assuming they have got a new singer lined up. Perhaps the whole 'auditioning for a new singer' thing was just a ploy to get Plant involved and it's kind of backfired. They may not want to tour without Plant at all.

I wonder how many people will have to make comments/statements about this before the actual people involved deign to tell us anything. :shifty:

Amazing, something I can almost completely agree with you on.

There should not be a reunion tour if Robert Plant won't come back as the Lead Singer - it's BAD KARMA! Robert Plant is "Led Zeppelin".

The band members know they can always be replaced but never the Lead Singer.

Everyone can be replaced. That said, it probably wouldn't turn out well.

There should not be a reunion tour if Robert Plant won't come back as the Lead Singer - it's BAD KARMA! Robert Plant is "Led Zeppelin".

The band members know they can always be replaced but never the Lead Singer.

Jimmy Page could be replaced? Give me a break.

Here's my question - If Jimmy Page, et. al. want to tour, then why don't they create their own band, name it and write their own music?

We still know nothing, all the rumors here are just media-made speculations. Maybe they will have a new band and new music, maybe not, who knows?

We can do nothing but wait until something official is announced.

Archived