New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Glicine, this is Led Zeppelin stuff we are talking about. Nothing has ever been straight forward in all the years I have been a fan :blink:B):D

Its par for the course in some repsects.

I have gotten used to waiting. :o:)

Oh yeah, it's just that I'm probably being too young to go through the waiting for all the years. LOL

And I will get used to it as well, I think.

Only I doubt it will be anything but Zeppelin. :( (oh, and I'm not really that upset about this B) )

Well I would expect the others to know before the public - wouldn't you?

They've known for way long enough to have let us know what they are planning.

But wouldn't you say that it's never been Jimmy's style to call a press conference and announce his intentions? Remember the interview clip of him and Roy Harper on a hillside where he's denying the Firm? Even Coverdale/Page was a loud rumor until the release date of the album was announced. He certainly didn't make a peep in public about the Unledded project until MTV announced it. I live in NY and have friends who are close to the Black Crowes and I didn't hear a thing about the Roseland shows in the fall of '99 until the day before tickets went on sale.

I'm not at all shocked that we haven't heard any word yet. Once there are some things recorded, and assuming everyone involved feels good about the results, that's when I'd expect to hear something.

Am I the only one who sees it this way?

[quote}

They've known for way long enough to have let us know what they are planning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's called generating a buzz. There are methods from the past that still work and with the internet everyone's expecting instant gratification. That's not coming. Mystery is good.

Oh yeah, it's just that I'm probably being too young to go through the waiting for all the years. LOL

And I will get used to it as well, I think.

Only I doubt it will be anything but Zeppelin. :( (oh, and I'm not really that upset about this B) )

Don't be too upset. Ledded I is correct. It's been a rollercoaster ride since 1980 and I'm sure it will continue to be. I've learned not to burn out about this stuff through previous experience and disappointment. It's ok to keep the faith, as long as it isn't blind. I am :D

Glicine, this is Led Zeppelin stuff we are talking about. Nothing has ever been straight forward in all the years I have been a fan :blink:B):D

It doesn't get any clearer than that.

That statement is what we call,"Dead to nuts" Good job ledded1 :coffee:

Don't be too upset. Ledded I is correct. It's been a rollercoaster ride since 1980 and I'm sure it will continue to be. I've learned not to burn out about this stuff through previous experience and disappointment. It's ok to keep the faith, as long as it isn't blind. I am :D

Thanks ally. Don't worry, I'm really not that upset.

Beautiful music is there for peace and love :D and I can always enjoy it.

FYI, that "chick" is Alison Krauss and BTW, his tour has with her has already ended, but I still don't see Robert getting back with the boys unless at the last minute he changes his mind but I don't see it happening.

You're probably right, and it was wishfull thinking on my part that Plante was just "hedging". Now I hear that he has other reasons that people won't disclose for taking an extended break, and that Myles Kennedy has the job. I've heard about him for awhile on this site but haven't looked up any of his footage. And I know that chick is Allison Krauss and have watched a lot of their footage, it's good. Now I'm going to see who this new dude is.

FYI, that "chick" is Alison Krauss and BTW, his tour has with her has already ended, but I still don't see Robert getting back with the boys unless at the last minute he changes his mind but I don't see it happening.

We know who she is. He can just go right back to talking to her and the rest of us can go have fun. That's their problem, not ours.

this post and also mstorks has made me feel a lot better today, thanks!

i was starting to be a doubter.......thinking that they havent announced anything because they havent enough material, and/or dont want to do anything without robert.

now im buoyed by the way you two have told it. maybe it is just the usual zep way of handling things.

i can wait, hey ive waited a few decades, i can wait a few months more!

i must say though........... it would be nice if jp, jpj, and/or jb would at least come out and tell us if we are waiting for a reason. any reason.

i am sad that robert will not join, i saw robert plant and jimmy page in 2000 when they toured and it was amazing. It is my dream to see actual led zeppelin back together, i hope Robert Plant changes his mind and agrees to do this because i'm 28 yrs old and that would be a dream come true for me.

this post and also mstorks has made me feel a lot better today, thanks!

i was starting to be a doubter.......thinking that they havent announced anything because they havent enough material, and/or dont want to do anything without robert.

now im buoyed by the way you two have told it. maybe it is just the usual zep way of handling things.

i can wait, hey ive waited a few decades, i can wait a few months more!

i must say though........... it would be nice if jp, jpj, and/or jb would at least come out and tell us if we are waiting for a reason. any reason.

I hear you slave and on this point I do have to say that they do owe us. I have no idea as to why they are being silent . I will assume, that there is a time frame and they are sticking to it but, that is purely speculative on my part. I do not have a crystal ball to this stuff. Just my opinion but like you, I would like to have an idea so I could make plans to see them if they tour

i am sad that robert will not join, i saw robert plant and jimmy page in 2000 when they toured and it was amazing. It is my dream to see actual led zeppelin back together, i hope Robert Plant changes his mind and agrees to do this because i'm 28 yrs old and that would be a dream come true for me.

Think your memory may be out a couple of years here, but I'm sure it was amazing. :)

Yep, I am just going to sit tight in the absence of an official announcement, rather than get worked up about who may or may not be singing, and whether or not the band will be called Led Zeppelin.

I agree with you that the silence is deafening. There was an incredible amount of momentum building over a prolonged period of time; and now timing wise, the window seems to be closing.

Maybe they are just letting the dust settle, re-grouping after Plant's announcement, deciding which way to go, trying to come up with a name that's not "the band formerly known as Led Zeppelin."

I just want to hear Jimmy, John Paul and Jason play music. Waiting with patient anticipation. I trust them to have decent taste in singers. B)

The thing is, Robert never asked them to wait for him. Instead, he wished them success.

Yes, they need to rock out now.

Perhaps they were trying to be nice and give him space to make up his mind? He did have a previous commitment, after all.

At this point I'm more upset with the 3Js than I am with Robert. Robert at least provided closure from his end. The 3Js are spinning around in limbo.

I'm not going to be upset until we've waited through 10 months of silence from the date of Robert's announcement... (what's good for the goose, etc.)

;)

But wouldn't you say that it's never been Jimmy's style to call a press conference and announce his intentions? Remember the interview clip of him and Roy Harper on a hillside where he's denying the Firm? Even Coverdale/Page was a loud rumor until the release date of the album was announced. He certainly didn't make a peep in public about the Unledded project until MTV announced it. I live in NY and have friends who are close to the Black Crowes and I didn't hear a thing about the Roseland shows in the fall of '99 until the day before tickets went on sale.

I'm not at all shocked that we haven't heard any word yet. Once there are some things recorded, and assuming everyone involved feels good about the results, that's when I'd expect to hear something.

Am I the only one who sees it this way?

Nope. I think you're right on. Think of how they used to sell out entire arenas by way of some DJ at a radio station announcing a show - it wasn't all bells and whistles and hoopla. They didn't need their faces on the cover of the Rolling Stone, or even their records...

Zeppelin had a wonderfully uncanny, you might even say magickal, ability to get the buzz out through the ether.

This was a pretty big buildup throughout the past year and a half - revamped "official" website, new releases, downloads for the first time, the O2 show, numerous public appearances and interviews, etc. It came to rather an abrupt and I think for most, unexpected and disappointing halt with Plant's official withdrawal.

Give the others time to regroup. Something's coming, just a feeling I have, I know no one personally and have no inside dope. Just reading the tea leaves... if they were expecting Robert to join them, then they have a little recalibrating to do, that's all.

I'm actually not trying to get into a battle with you here, SunChild, but the others have known of Robert's decision for quite some time - buildup may have come to an unexpected "abrupt end" for fans like yourself, ( I distinguish you from other fans like myself who never expected it to happen)- but certainly not for the other members - and they've had plenty of time to "regroup".

Robert's ability to project and plan his future 2-4 years in advance has been pretty accurate in terms of his statements to the rock press. For example in a 94/5 Rolling Stone interview he states that he will work with Page for a few years or "until he gets tired". He worked with Page for about 4 years and got tired. I don't think he has been excited Page's playing since the 1985 Firm tour and the 88 tour stop in Worcester Ma. Or to put it another way, I think he is happier with guitar players that are in better physical and mental shape. Page played well in 96 and parts of 98 but that "invention" hasn't been around since the first Firm record. Seems like he got another chance for a fresh start June 10th 2007, but when Jimmy broke his finger last fall, he broke the reunion momentum. Then there are these recent Plant quotes that seem to say he doesn't enjoy the company of musicians or think they are the greatest people. Whatever that means...

General concensus about Jimmy's playing on the 1998 tour was he was on fire.

Whether Plant dug it or not is questionable but the fans weren't disappointed. Page was stealing the show. That played a big role in the duo's future plans. Jimmy certainly wasn't the weak link at the 02 concert.

Archived