New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

oh geeez, why does everyone still think the new singer has to sound like robert plant????

its a new project.

that may or may not mean that they will play zep songs, but even so, the singer doesnt have to be a clone of plant.

new projects usually include new material and / or musicians.

we need to be more open minded about all this. i have infinite trust in jimmy and john pauls judgement about this, and im sure whatever they decide to do will be music to our ears.

i think. :D

Ladies and gents, personally i'm losing interest in the whole thing very quickly. While I would enjoy seeing Page and Jones working together again, I don't see how any of this can work without Robert unless a new album with a new singer and a new band name happens first. And even then, for me, it would seem like a poor subsitute for what we all wanted to happen (Page and Jones included).

And while I love Jason's attitude and playing, again personally, I would feel another drummer needs to be in the chair because in my mind he's been offically linked to "Led Zeppelin" through the 02 show. I would consider this much more legitimate if it were Jones, Page, a new singer, a new drummer, and a new album released before any tour.

Also, I want to fly the idea that maybe nothing at all will happen now that Plant has shot them down. That maybe all of the rehearsing with another singer was to call his bluff, and now that Plant isn't on board, the idea of continuing on is dead. Maybe that's why we haven't heard a thing from the other three. And at the end of they day, I still don't think Jimmy will do anything that will damage Led Zeppelin's legacy.

Of course, I could be wrong.....LOL.

If the reports are correct, they do have a new singer and will have a new album (eventually). A new singer will not replace Robert Plant...this is a whole NEW project. They will probably play some Led Zeppelin songs (like Plant did with Strange Sensation and even Alison Krauss) but IT WILL NOT BE LED ZEPPELIN. Jimmy Page is not an idiot. He would not mess with the Led Zeppelin era. He would give the project a new name. After a new album is released under a different name than Led Zeppelin since this is a NEW project, they will then tour to promote the album...This is just common sense and is what most artists do.

I think a new project would be excellent, not just because I'm a fan but also because Jimmy Page is still the rocking guitar god that we all know and can still rock all our faces off.

We have always heard some sort of announcement denying rumours only a few days after their creation. Since we haven't heard anything, I think it is because Jimmy Page wants to wait until they finish recording to state that a new album will be released under the (insert name) name....WILL NOT BE LED ZEPPELIN...

I personally don't mind what nationality the singer is as long as he is an amazing singer. The singer I think should front this new band is Chris Cornell, cant find a better rock singer than him apart from RP IMO.

He certainly is one of the best out there. Maybe not a great pure voice like Robert, but a great rock singer. He certainly could do justice to most of the Zeppelin material, imho. :thumbsup:

He certainly is one of the best out there. Maybe not a great pure voice like Robert, but a great rock singer. He certainly could do justice to most of the Zeppelin material, imho. :thumbsup:

Love Chris Cornell, but his foil is Soundgarden. I hope Jimmy thinks out of the box on this. His track record with turning up with singers I like is almost complete crap. I do think the Firm record was Paul Rogers' best since Free's Fire and Water or the first Bad Co. But John Miles? Coverdale? Chris Farlowe? Puff Daddy? It's tempting to lump Chris Robinson into this, but that would have worked for me if they treated it more like the first Jeff Beck group (Truth/Shapes of Things). Anyway. Jimmy's track record is just awful in this dept. I'll be happy if he chooses someone with a sincere vocal quality. Call me crazy, but a few years ago I was hoping Jonesy would hook up with Nora Jones. She's not my style of music really, but has a unique and sincere voice.

Throwing some wanna be viking at this is not the right move. I'm just the kind of fan that gets alienated in the end.

Not sure if Lenny could handle a lot of the Zeppelin material. Sure he has range, but I don't think quite enough. Not the range RP has.

It's more about application than range. Look at the job Chris Robinson did with the Zeppelin material. :) Or more recently the approach our now reduced ranged Percy had at the O2! What Page should be looking for is someone who can assert a stamp on the material of their own without being a poor mimic for what once was. Range would be helpful but not essential as long as the integrity of the performance holds up. Hopefully we won't see a David Coverversion or a Paul Rogers adding a Simon Cowel cheese factor to the mix.

Have I missed something here? Have Jimmy John and Jason announced that they will be touring and bringing a new singer onboard for a major project or is this all rumours from the newspapers and what Jason said to that radio station about jamming with Jimmy and John? If I am missing a piece of the puzzle then I apologize. If not, isn't all of this putting the apple a little bit to far in front of the cart? Just my opinion. :D

Have I missed something here?

Yes, you and countless other morons here who refuse to accept facts and would rather engage in dopey speculation just to see their user names appear on a computer screen over and over again.

The new singer is Myles Kennedy from AlterBridge. The band will be given a new name, and will be playing a combination of new material and Zep stuff. End of story.

Have I missed something here? Have Jimmy John and Jason announced that they will be touring and bringing a new singer onboard for a major project or is this all rumours from the newspapers and what Jason said to that radio station about jamming with Jimmy and John? If I am missing a piece of the puzzle then I apologize. If not, isn't all of this putting the apple a little bit to far in front of the cart? Just my opinion. :D

Ok, apple firmly a few dozen yards in front of cart here... whoever it is, which I hope it is someone, what we all seem to be overlooking is, they will be singing alongside Jimmy, Jonesy and Jason (I hope). That should help 'em out a bit. :)

Yes, you and countless other morons here who refuse to accept facts and would rather engage in dopey speculation just to see their user names appear on a computer screen over and over again.

The new singer is Myles Kennedy from AlterBridge. The band will be given a new name, and will be playing a combination of new material and Zep stuff. End of story.

What Is your source for this insider information that you have? Apparently myself and countless other morons seem to have missed this information! And BillyMacQ calling everybody morons gives you the appearance of having the IQ of a Big Mac :D

QUOTE (BillyMacQ @ Oct 21 2008, 07:21 PM)

What Is your source for this insider information that you have? Apparently myself and countless other morons seem to have missed this information! And BillyMacQ calling everybody morons gives you the appearance of having the IQ of a Big Mac :D

Big Macs are smarter and less obnoxious.

My, aren't you a charmer?

Apparently you heard the official announcement that nobody else heard, which suggests to me not that everybody else is a moron, but that you might have one of those "voices in the head" problems. (There was no way of posting this helpful information without my username appearing on the screen, sadly.) I'm sure your voices will be proved correct about this information, which does not alter (hah! pun!) the fact that nobody else can be expected to have heard them.

I'm still thinking that jason bonham singing and playing drums could be really cool. It would make for an interesting show, they could play some instrumentals too...kashmir, stairway.

Plus there would be less of a rush for tickets and maybe us hardcore fans could catch a few more shows.

I only saw two shows in '98; in NJ he was merely great. In the Garden he was un-freaking-believable.

I personally attended 14 shows in 5 countries, from March thru November. I have nearly

every gig on audio and/or video. IMHO, Jimmy consistently stole the show night after night and delivered some of his best post-Zep performances.

Tying this to the thread at hand, in the event he should elect to return to live gigging in the aftermath of Robert's declination statement whomever is on vocals had better bring an ample amount of patience, as he may well want to do lengthy improvisational solos.

I personally attended 14 shows in 5 countries, from March thru November. I have nearly

every gig on audio and/or video. IMHO, Jimmy consistently stole the show night after night and delivered some of his best post-Zep performances.

Tying this to the thread at hand, in the event he should elect to return to live gigging in the aftermath of Robert's declination statement whomever is on vocals had better bring an ample amount of patience, as he may well want to do lengthy improvisational solos.

Now if you're the new chosen singer on stage alongside Jimmy Page them I'm sure you'll find the patience somehow. I saw the above two shows from '98 that Mstork mentioned. Jimmy was so on during the tour. I was quite impressed and I feel he can still deliver performances like that to us. We'll see what happens.

BTW, congrats Steve on your 5K milestone. :thumbsup:

Now if you're the new chosen singer on stage alongside Jimmy Page them I'm sure you'll find the patience somehow. I saw the above two shows from '98 that Mstork mentioned. Jimmy was so on during the tour. I was quite impressed and I feel he can still deliver performances like that to us. We'll see what happens.

BTW, congrats Steve on your 5K milestone. :thumbsup:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I walked out of the 98 show in Vancouver saying to myself that if that was the last time I saw Jimmy live then he was leaving me with an absolutely fantastic memory. I would have just accepted that I would never see him perform as good live again. Then O2 happened and the door was thrown wide open again. Fact is, this addiction will never go away :) If,Jimmy plays a brilliant 90 minute set with or without a vocalist, it probably won't be good enough. As much as I'd like to see Jimmy live again, I must admit that If Plant's not involved then it just won't be the same.Sad but true.It's apples and oranges if you will

Mmm......

homer.jpg

.....lengthy improvisational solos!

I haven't logged in since I saw Robert and Alison live in the middle of the summer, and the same conversations are still going on! This board remains the same...

I still vote yes for anything that involves Jimmy and Jonesy playing together. I love the Plant, but I could go with or without him. With him would clearly be far better, but it wouldn't be the same without Bonzo anyway. As much as I would like it to be otherwise, I was just born in the wrong generation and will never see Zeppelin at their peak. Just viking elder Plant, Quaker Oats guy Page, and surprisingly well-aged Jonesy.

This is a very random post. I don't even know what I'm really saying.

Big Macs are smarter and less obnoxious.

I have bee reading what you wankers have been saying for months. #$%& you AND Led Zeppelin. If there was a concern for what you think there would be something more from these aged has-been mother ^&*%ers.

What do you think of that? PISS OFF!

Mr Pot - meet Mr Kettle.

Someone having their "cycle"? Chocolate, gallon of ice cream, and a Steel Magnolias/Beaches double feature. STAT!

I, not being a moron, have not heard any "facts" on this subject.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I walked out of the 98 show in Vancouver saying to myself that if that was the last time I saw Jimmy live then he was leaving me with an absolutely fantastic memory.

I felt exactly the same way. When he came around in 95 he hadn't toured the US in 7 years and only released one album (Coverdale/Page) since Outrider. To see him playing with Robert again was a cherished moment. Being able to see the shows in 95 and 98 was more than I ever thought was possible given Robert constantly shooting down reunions. I do regret not going to a Page/Crowes show. At the time Jimmy was all fired up and I just assumed that after Page/Crowes he'd immediately get to work on something else. I thought the days of him putting his career on veritable hold were over. Little did I know he's throw out his back and then do nothing but charitywork and managing the Zep vaults ever since.

Someone having their "cycle"? Chocolate, gallon of ice cream, and a Steel Magnolias/Beaches double feature. STAT!

I, not being a moron, have not heard any "facts" on this subject.

Well, congratulations then, you're among good company with the other morons here who don't pay attention.

Just don't count on any JPJ involvement with this project come mid April. He'll be busy in NYC. I'm surprised Steve "The Fifth Element" Jones and my old buddy Nech haven't broken this story yet given their "insider" status.

Archived