New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

But seriously, -eddie vedder was good at singing the few doors and who songs...but not many singers can sing led zeppelin songs.

I'm still thinking a page/outrider type of tour w/jason singing some songs and then a significant amount of instrumentals. The chance at some instrumentals would be a great thing for page and jones. imo

I just heard about Myles Kennedy. It came from the loose-lips of Dee Snider during a radio interview, who isn't one to spread misinformation. I think Myles Kennedy is a really poor choice; his voice sounds very generic to me. This is especially bad, considering that Chris Cornell auditioned (Zepgarden FTW!) and he would be a great pick.

Tremonti remains cagey. "Zeppelin are probably the greatest rock band of all time, so to have rumors about your singer singing with them isn't a bad thing!" he laughs. "It's a positive thing for us, on an exposure level. So it could work out as a good thing for everybody!"

I bet it is <_<

Paul McCartney almost has the range of the old Robert Plant...(I know you're not serious about him) just listen to Helter Skelter or Oh Darling...Eddie Vedder does not have the vocal range to pull this off...Queen was lucky to have Paul Rodgers AND Roger Taylor and between them, they could cover most of the Queen catalogue. That's why Chris Robinson did a really decent job of doing Zeppelin. Not an easy role. They should find some tribute singer and give them a shot, and liberate them from the club circuit. That's what happened with Journey who found their new singer on youtube.

Yes, you and countless other morons here who refuse to accept facts and would rather engage in dopey speculation just to see their user names appear on a computer screen over and over again.

The new singer is Myles Kennedy from AlterBridge. The band will be given a new name, and will be playing a combination of new material and Zep stuff. End of story.

Yes, BillyMacQ, but the problem is that the administrators of this forum challenge that this fact of which you're so sure about is indeed fact. The veracity of the sources of the Myles Kennedy rumor was challenged back when the rumor was spun around the net a few weeks ago, and nothing new has come to light since then. The fact is that people who work for Led Zeppelin say that this Myles Kennedy rumor is nothing more than rumor. That's where we're at with this story.

Maybe this means Jimmy's got something up his sleeve more interesting than the Altered Creed singer, maybe not. Whatever the case, the denial of the rumor is no invention of the good folks who take part in this forum. :slapface:

Kentuckygirl found this report dated Saturday ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...ro-dynamic.html

If there's any truth to this, seems like they may be trying a number of people.

Could also be true, that as a number of people on this forum have stated that they could record an album using several singers. Maybe this is why we've heard many names mentioned. :unsure:

Could also be true, that as a number of people on this forum have stated that they could record an album using several singers. Maybe this is why we've heard many names mentioned. :unsure:

I was one of those, and it's my hope that's what they do. If you can't have Robert Plant, why get hung up on replacing him with one singer? It'd be a mistake, and much more interesting to have different singers for different moods. I'd like to be able to count on Pagey and Jonesy creating some diverse statements with Jason that would require different voices. In a way, Jimmy got the ball rolling at the Olympics with Leona Lewis, who would be a great addition -- though I can't see them doing an entire record with her.

At some point, I'm expecting Dave Grohl to enter the picture, as he is a Page family friend. B)

So, for all the British fans, is the Daily Mail considered a tabloid or credible news source? They claim Page, Bonham and JPJ are jamming with Steve Tyler in a studio in Putney.

Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...ro-dynamic.html

It's certainly more reliable than The Sun! Hah, I thought the Tyler rumours were a joke--he might be quite great, imho.

I was one of those, and it's my hope that's what they do. If you can't have Robert Plant, why get hung up on replacing him with one singer? It'd be a mistake, and much more interesting to have different singers for different moods. I'd like to be able to count on Pagey and Jonesy creating some diverse statements with Jason that would require different voices. In a way, Jimmy got the ball rolling at the Olympics with Leona Lewis, who would be a great addition -- though I can't see them doing an entire record with her.

At some point, I'm expecting Dave Grohl to enter the picture, as he is a Page family friend. B)

I know we're just speculating at this point, but it's starting to make more sense. I hope that's what they do. :)

Now once they go out on the road, who will they bring? :unsure:

I know we're just speculating at this point, but it's starting to make more sense. I hope that's what they do. :)

Now once they go out on the road, who will they bring? :unsure:

I think it depends on the scope of the tour. Will they play basketball/hockey arenas or go for stadiums? Or will it be a summer amphitheater tour? If they're going for something large scale, better go with Tyler (it's going to take a while for me to warm up to this idea) if they're not going to use the Led Zeppelin name.

I hope they bring a few singers on tour and call it "Led Zeppelin and Friends" with the door always open for Robert to come and sing whenever he chooses. He and Allison could show up and do their "Battle of Evermore" and whatever else they could work up -- "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" and "Going to California" come to mind. She'd probably have an orgasm on stage singing over the intertwining loops that Page and Jones do on their acoustic songs.

Bringing a multi-instrumentalist like Grohl would be great -- can you imagine Dave playing drums on "In My Time of Dying" with Jason? When I saw Page and the Black Crowes that was one song where John Bonham was missed, as great as the Crowes drummer is and was that night. He was the one guy in the band who seemed to be struggling at times.

How about a Jones-Bonham rhythm section with Page and Neil Young (loads of respect and love there) doing "Levee Breaks" and "Down by the River" for a week or two? Page and Jones have the mojo to make a tour huger than anything we've seen before (and isn't that one thing that Robert is concerned about?) and should use this mojo to full effect.

Page, Jones and Bonham have every right to use the name without Robert, but should never conceive of chaining themselves to one singer and one sound while using the name. I'm hoping for a "Led Zeppelin and Friends" approach. The possibilities are endless. And when did Page ever care if the notes were clean and practiced as long as the rhythm section was locked in and the heart and feel of the music was right?

Daily Mail is a wannabe broadsheet but yes it is more reliable

Few British papers are reliable pagey. The Mail is the most doom n gloom laden paper here if you have ever read one.

But the reporter still states Robert has yet to decide if he is going to tour so she's out of touch with events.

More lazy journalism. I despair with the press at times. :angry:

For the record, all I did was correlate the info that Myles was in Europe at the time the rumor broke (from the AlaterBridge site), that Myles and Jason knew each other and that Myles was a major Zep fan. I have mentioned and pushed AB/Myles in other posts for a long time before any of this nonsense started. I really think that he is a major talent. The TRUTH of my speculation is no more valid than some of the more silly humorous notions. Only time will tell.

Contrary to most, I do not see Myles as a threat to the Zep legacy. Music needs to move forward (perhaps Myles is less FORWARD than some would like, that's debatable and taste driven) for it to survive. Jimmy has said so much himself when he talked of the Hendrix legacy, and the lack of progression from his landmark career. That was many years ago; same debate different artists.

Here's to NEW Page/Jones/Bonham/whomever! The Zep stuff will be COVER music. I have no problem with that. The Page/Crowes stuff by the end of the tour was THE best rendering of the Zep I personally EVER heard (Vet of '75, '77, P&P '95, '98 and all of the in between) simply because of the multitude of great players. It still wasn't Zep but it sure sounded good!

Pontificate on, my friends.

E" (Chicago @ Oct 24 2008, 04:33 PM)

BUK was the first person on this thread to mention Myles Kennedy . BUK's well-liked around here.

That's gotta be the most important criteria for credibility then.

-------------------------------------

" Just stating the facts. Look for yourself.

I have no dispute with BUK's credibility based on his knowledge, it's the "well-liked" aspect of qualifying credentials I smurk at. Peter Grant was not well liked by many for his demeanor in his day, but was VERY credible. Same could be said about Peter Cole, though even more discredit his quotes, in part because they don't like what he says.

You don't have to explain yourself BUK. You've been talking Myles Kennedy for quite sometime and have been consistant in your opinion of him and what he would be able to contribute. I don't normally like to talk for other's but I think given some of the attitude that has been expressed by some lately, some of us morons just want to set the record straight as to who suggested it here first. :D

Archived