New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

whatever you wanna call it if it makes you feel any better. I consider that post more of a reply to my buddy Bill's calling me out.

And...see what I mean...you. .. you can't even resist pestering me over a reply to someone else. It's most distasteful... like chihuahas humping my ankles.. I give up.

This shall henceforth and forever be my mental image of the gal pals, Nech. Muchas Gracias.

:beer:

"I think some of the band really want to go out and do it and other parts of the band need to understand why they're doing it, and if there's no compelling reason to do it, then they shouldn't do it.

"I think that there is an opportunity for them to go out and present themselves. I don't think a long rambling tour is the answer as Led Zeppelin."

-----------------------------

How about I don't think long rambling is the answer either Harvey?

Good grief.

If they do it, then they should do it, but if they don't do it then don't do it. If they don't want to do it then they shouldn't do it unless they really want to do it then they should do it.

:D

I love how wanting to make music together somehow isn't a compelling reason to make music together. What the - ?

Perhaps they could give some of the proceeds to ABC and MAG, and that would meet with Mr. Goldsmith's approval. :rolleyes:

OMG, I'm in agreement with Harvey on something pertaining to this band!

What next, cats and dogs living in perfect harmony?

I have three dogs and two cats who have lived together in perfect harmony for quite a few years now, Steve. Depends on one's expectations, don't you know.

To me it's a very odd notion, this thought that they need a "compelling reason" to make music together, much less that they should meet Harvey Goldsmith's idea of one. JPJ's statment is good enough for me:

"It doesn't stop me really liking turning something up and just thrashing the hell out of it."

Those who don't find that a compelling reason to buy tickets don't have to come... :)

I have three dogs and two cats who have lived together in perfect harmony for quite a few years now, Steve. Depends on one's expectations, don't you know.

To me it's a very odd notion, this thought that they need a "compelling reason" to make music together, much less that they should meet Harvey Goldsmith's idea of one. JPJ's statment is good enough for me:

"It doesn't stop me really liking turning something up and just thrashing the hell out of it."

Those who don't find that a compelling reason to buy tickets don't have to come... :)

I took that to mean they (JPJ/JP) didn't want to just go out and do a greatest hits tour at this point. Maybe they wanted to have some new music that inspired them created as well as doing the Zep stuff to take out on the road.

I think it depends on the scope of the tour. Will they play basketball/hockey arenas or go for stadiums? Or will it be a summer amphitheater tour? If they're going for something large scale, better go with Tyler (it's going to take a while for me to warm up to this idea) if they're not going to use the Led Zeppelin name.

I hope they bring a few singers on tour and call it "Led Zeppelin and Friends" with the door always open for Robert to come and sing whenever he chooses. He and Allison could show up and do their "Battle of Evermore" and whatever else they could work up -- "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" and "Going to California" come to mind. She'd probably have an orgasm on stage singing over the intertwining loops that Page and Jones do on their acoustic songs.

Bringing a multi-instrumentalist like Grohl would be great -- can you imagine Dave playing drums on "In My Time of Dying" with Jason? When I saw Page and the Black Crowes that was one song where John Bonham was missed, as great as the Crowes drummer is and was that night. He was the one guy in the band who seemed to be struggling at times.

How about a Jones-Bonham rhythm section with Page and Neil Young (loads of respect and love there) doing "Levee Breaks" and "Down by the River" for a week or two? Page and Jones have the mojo to make a tour huger than anything we've seen before (and isn't that one thing that Robert is concerned about?) and should use this mojo to full effect.

Page, Jones and Bonham have every right to use the name without Robert, but should never conceive of chaining themselves to one singer and one sound while using the name. I'm hoping for a "Led Zeppelin and Friends" approach. The possibilities are endless. And when did Page ever care if the notes were clean and practiced as long as the rhythm section was locked in and the heart and feel of the music was right?

I dont understand why anyone likes Dave Grohl? he certainly CANT sing, and his drumming is mediocre at best. I havent liked one foos song since the first album! Zep could do way better. i do like the idea of multiple singers/led Zeppelin and friends though. i thought when the 3 remaining DOORS did that one show with multiple singers, it was great.

...in depth on Howard Stern show this morning, Stern suggested himself to fill the shoes of Robert Plant lol. Stern also recomended You Tube, but it was also reported that Page, Jones and Bonham DO NOT WANT a Plant clone, and are auditioning singers for a summer tour and new album as of now, and would indeed hit the road with a different name.

Sorry if this is old news, but it seems to be official.

Keep in mind, this is from the Howard Stern show.

He was probably just asked his opinion in the course of an interview seeing as he was the promoter of their last gig. He's actually a massively succesful promoter and has been for many years - he doesn't need to ride on anyone else's coat tails. Its a hot topic - its natural he was asked about it, and his opinion is certainly more valid than someone like Dee Snider's.

He was probably just asked his opinion in the course of an interview seeing as he was the promoter of their last gig. He's actually a massively succesful promoter and has been for many years - he doesn't need to ride on anyone else's coat tails. Its a hot topic - its natural he was asked about it, and his opinion is certainly more valid than someone like Dee Snider's.

A businessman doesn't always understand the desires and demands of a musician. He seems to be insinuating Page and Jones have the wrong motivation in what they're pursuing and the quantity of touring they should do. That's a negative portrayal of what they're working on and it's really up to them how much they want to play. What's the problem with musicians continuing to perform music they created atop anything new and original in the works. From what JPJ has said they're having fun playing together and hopefully that's still allowed for them.

Forgive me Chicago but I didn't get that impression from what he said. It appeared to me more like he was saying that Robert would have to havve the right motivation to join in- which he presently doesn't. But seriously - Harvey is a businessman in the music business. He knows what he's talking about and also knows the guys pretty well.

Forgive me Chicago but I didn't get that impression from what he said. It appeared to me more like he was saying that Robert would have to havve the right motivation to join in- which he presently doesn't. But seriously - Harvey is a businessman in the music business. He knows what he's talking about and also knows the guys pretty well.

It's an open and shut case that Robert won't be involved and I took him at his word last year when he said the 02 was it for him. I have no illusions that he'll ever play with the others again. My comments are specifically referring to Jimmy, JPJ and Jason and what they may be doing presently. From what the musicians involved have said they're having fun playing together and looking forward to presenting new and old material in the future. You know it won't be called Led Zeppelin and anyone that does is being foolish.

The Traveling Riverside Bluesmen would be a cool name for the new project/tour w/ JP, JPJ & Jason:

Imagine having some of those y'all mentioned previously on some new versions and new songs:

Examples:

Neil Young --- When The Levee Breaks/Down by the Seaside

Steven Tyler & Joe Perry ---Train Kept A Rollin'

Eddie Vedder --- Four Sticks

Myles Kennedy --- Kashmir

Robert Plant --- a new song

Leona Lewis -- Whole Lotta Love

:D

R B)

I wonder who this "American guy" who's been rehearsing with them is? (provided of course that this article is true).

Incidentally, it wasn't just the estate of Jim Morrison that had a problem with Ray Manzarek, Robbie Krieger and Ian Astbury touring as The Doors of the 21st Century, John Densmore was against it too. They had to change the name to Riders On The Storm.

And the 'Riders On The Storm' are playing fantastic!I saw them 4 times and they are awesome...

I took that to mean they (JPJ/JP) didn't want to just go out and do a greatest hits tour at this point. Maybe they wanted to have some new music that inspired them created as well as doing the Zep stuff to take out on the road.

Who expected them to do a "greatest hits" tour? Their "hits" are whole albums and shows.

Playing music together is compelling enough, it sounds like from listening to JPJ, Page and Jason when they've talked about it.

Just sounded weird to me. Back in the day going out to smoke a dobbie or two and kick out the jams was compelling reason enough, after all. B)

It's an open and shut case that Robert won't be involved and I took him at his word last year when he said the 02 was it for him. I have no illusions that he'll ever play with the others again. My comments are specifically referring to Jimmy, JPJ and Jason and what they may be doing presently. From what the musicians involved have said they're having fun playing together and looking forward to presenting new and old material in the future. You know it won't be called Led Zeppelin and anyone that does is being foolish.

You are correct. I knew Plant was bailing out after the O2 gig . John Paul Jones said that Plant doesnt like loud music anymore . I would say he hasnt liked loud music for years. Now I know why he kept Jimmy Page from rocking on that Walking into Clarksdale album . Now that John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page are united this is going to be great,and I know they will put some acoustic stuff on there new album too. plant wants to play for the krauss project ,so let it be . Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones is the direction I will follow . Their going to be great.

About a year ago Howard devoted a good portion of his program one day, playing a lot of material from other artists that Led Zeppelin ripped off. He mainly went after Jimmy Page. It was a guest he had on doing this from a website which focuses on rock rumors such as this. Not sure of the exact name of the website, but I think it had classic rock in the name. It was exaggerated to say the least. Ratings of course and Robin Quivers in the background agreeing with everything Howard said. Predictable to say the least.

:burp:

Archived