New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Just a thought if they were to have a girl how's about Tori Amos??? Could be interesting! :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jRg8UGQGXUE&...feature=related

Oh let me quote Tori here.

Something really clicked in me when I discovered Led Zeppelin. And you have to understand what that did for me because first of all, oh my God, besides the guitar playing, which was you know, I *wanted* to be Jimmy Page. That's what I really wanted to be. But I wanted to *be with* Robert Plant. Just the way he'd move his body and the sensuality. I mean, I just knew I had found the Goddess, that was it.

-- Tori; MTV Revue, Nov 4, 1998

So I think she would prefer the other way? :lol:

And seriously, I like Tori but she doesn't suit here.

Something really clicked in me when I discovered Led Zeppelin. And you have to understand what that did for me because first of all, oh my God, besides the guitar playing, which was you know, I *wanted* to be Jimmy Page. That's what I really wanted to be. But I wanted to *be with* Robert Plant. Just the way he'd move his body and the sensuality. I mean, I just knew I had found the Goddess, that was it.

-- Tori; MTV Revue, Nov 4, 1998

Nothing against Tori. I love her music.

Thank goodness for uniqueness and individualtiy in ideas and choice.

Now.... where's that barf bag... B)

This is beginning to sound like that SNL skit that had Phil Hartman as Frank Sinatra singing duets with Bono, Celine Dion, etc. It was hysterical scene with Sinatra having no idea who the hell he was singing with as they re- recorded his famous signature songs.

I really like what she did with Robert reworking down by the seaside. I could see her more as a guest vocalist on a particular song.

Chris Cornell is the vocalist I think should be asked by Jimmy and JPJ to do this tour and write/record new songs. Even though he is working on a solo project, he seems to indicate that he will indeed do it if asked. I think he would put solo gig on the back burner for the inspiration he would derive from the endeavor. Chris has the vocal power, range and the charisma to pull this off quite well. I cannot think about actually truly enjoying the performances as much as I could with Myles Kennedy or even Steven Tyler. ST would make the project merely a cariacature of Led Zeppelin. Yet, neither one will work for me. Although I dont care who does it 'way down inside' as long as I rendezvous with my Dark Lord.... I simply am in shock that I will see Jimmy play live very very soon!

Think about it Jimmy. Call Chris Cornell and ask him.

*Please, Baby Please* It will be wikkedly kewl, I promise you. I have a premonition about this and he was the first person I thought of when I heard you were looking for someone to do the vocals. I thought of myself next ....*LAUGHING*

Jimmy, I want you to try to envision Chris Cornell doing this and rehearse with him.

You would not regret it afterwards if he does the full on tour and records with you. I feel with other vocalists you may feel rue and a bit of sonic remorse after all is said and done.

Further, I will love you always and miss you so much. See you soon!

Tyreah

I just saw on their web site that Alter Bridge is shooting Saturday's Condert in London at Brixton Academy for a DVD. Will Jimmy and/or JPJ and/or Jason make a guest appearance? :)

Who knows. I guess we just need to wait and see. It certainly would make sense. Anyone know something we don't?

Chris Cornell is the vocalist I think should be asked by Jimmy and JPJ to do this tour and write/record new songs. Even though he is working on a solo project, he seems to indicate that he will indeed do it if asked. I think he would put solo gig on the back burner for the inspiration he would derive from the endeavor. Chris has the vocal power, range and the charisma to pull this off quite well. I cannot think about actually truly enjoying the performances as much as I could with Myles Kennedy or even Steven Tyler. ST would make the project merely a cariacature of Led Zeppelin. Yet, neither one will work for me. Although I dont care who does it 'way down inside' as long as I rendezvous with my Dark Lord.... I simply am in shock that I will see Jimmy play live very very soon!

Think about it Jimmy. Call Chris Cornell and ask him.

*Please, Baby Please* It will be wikkedly kewl, I promise you. I have a premonition about this and he was the first person I thought of when I heard you were looking for someone to do the vocals. I thought of myself next ....*LAUGHING*

Jimmy, I want you to try to envision Chris Cornell doing this and rehearse with him.

You would not regret it afterwards if he does the full on tour and records with you. I feel with other vocalists you may feel rue and a bit of sonic remorse after all is said and done.

Further, I will love you always and miss you so much. See you soon!

Tyreah

Problem is, having Soundgarden back would be just as good for rock and roll. I guess that's the same prob I have with all the established singers that are considered contenders. Zeppelin can't provide the foil for Chris Cornell that Soundgarden did. No offense Zeppelin friends, but Soundgarden is every bit as good as Zeppelin, at least as a studio band (imho).

Thanks for the youtube links. First singer sounds like Bob Seger. Still think Led Zeppelin should change their name to New Z if Robert Plant's not singing with them currently.

Thanks for the youtube links. First singer sounds like Bob Seger. Still think Led Zeppelin should change their name to New Z if Robert Plant's not singing with them currently.

Interesting idea!

Both links are the same singer - Frankie Miller. Not in good enough health to be a serious choice, sadly, but I would have loved to have heard him work with Jimmy.

Thanks for the youtube links. First singer sounds like Bob Seger.

Bob Seger was a big fan of Frankie Miller, very much influenced by him. He did a cover of Ain't Got No Money which is a Frankie Miller original.

I'd never thought of Frankie Miller and he would be a great choice! I'd much rather they went for a bluesy/soulful singer like him as opposed to your average hard rock wailer.

(Hi all, new here!)

I really wish there were some miracle that lined Plant up with this. The man is amazing and no one sings quite like him. But of the options I too would have to go with Chris Cornell as a replacement, he certainly has the pipes and both Zeppelin and Cornell are creative enough to put a sweet twist on things.

So I second the recommendation to Jimmy, call up Cornell and ask. But that said, I would REALLY LOVE to see Plant with them. I've seen him in concert twice and if i saw him with Zeppelin...there would just be no comparison.

Interesting idea!

Both links are the same singer - Frankie Miller. Not in good enough health to be a serious choice, sadly, but I would have loved to have heard him work with Jimmy.

Shame he's not in good health isn't it - I can see him being a good choice with Jimmy.

Steve Marriot. who is that, anyway? Wait a minute. Wasn't Peter Frampton his fault?

I'd better get out my wikipedia.

Frankie Miller? He's in better health than Rory Gallagher. Nvr heard of 'im b4 this. He is somewhat of a lemon squeezer, isn't he? I'll bet his lyrics are just as dumb as Page's. It's worth mentioning that Chris Cornell sets a high water mark for rock lyrics with substance. Hope that is getting some consideration in the PBJ camp.

The deceased Steve Marriott was an amazing singer, notably with the Small Faces and Humble Pie.

The deceased Rory Gallagher was an amazing guitarist, notably with Taste.

And Frankie Miller, as you heard, is a great singer.

Sorry, having a sense of humor failure here. :P It happens.

Archived