New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Not sure what you are reading into this, but it was only a harmless joke - or so I thought. B)

It appears that you are saying,' Good bye and good riddance' to Robert and that he was merely a lead singer and nothing more.

It just seemed a bit tasteless to me.

I'm sure that we all would love to see Robert on that stage when the J's kick it off.We also know that's not going to happen.I respect Robert in all of his endeavors as I do each of the other members.

Que sera sera!

I submit that in my opinion, Robert Plant is single handedly responsible for Zeppelins "mystique" since the band ceased to exist. Not reforming each time it was brought up has kept the band in almost mythical status. I believe that his reasons were just, although I certainly don't know what they are...

If jimmy, john paul, and jason go out on tour as Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant, which first of all is a complete joke, then jimmy and john paul will be responsible for undoing that mystique in one fell swoop.

New band, just to be working together....awesome...

Led zep without plant....ridiculous......

Ann Wilson would be the better choice. She's sang a few Zeppelin records in her time - she could pull it off.

I agree with the Wilson sisters as a choice of singers .:::::"But in the beginning":::::it was Robert who suggested to to jimmy about a drummer called John Bonham and well; so the story goes that was the start of led zeppelin .As for maybe a new singer ? ;the tide may have changed and now Jason Bonham maybe making suggestions as to who can sing .Jason could be in a position to have seen many a talented singer that other people may just simply over looked .Jason being well less in the lime light (so to speak)than other well known band members, has probably been able to see other bands, that for what ever reasons could never make it; but the vocalist could have caught his eye/ear.Anyway ; :thanku: .Just another avenue of thinking

It appears that you are saying,' Good bye and good riddance' to Robert and that he was merely a lead singer and nothing more.

I'm sure that we all would love to see Robert on that stage when the J's kick it off.We also know that's not going to happen.I respect Robert in all of his endeavors as I do each of the other members.

Que sera sera!

Well, it's just a snapshot from the movie Almost Famous - because that scene just came to mind when the three of them had formed a new band, without Robert. I have made no secret of the fact that I see Robert as absolutely essential to Led Zeppelin, but hey, no wonder if you didn't know that, as I haven't posted much lately. :)

ilbtys.jpg:wub:

........................ :rolleyes: ...................

Even my 19yr old daughter said "What? it can't be LED ZEPPELIN w/o Robert."

I agree.

and IMHO, no BONZO no Zep either.

They could put on some killer music, for sure. But sorry, it could never match the magic of the Mighty Machine of the Original Led Zeppelin. That chapter is over. Period.

A new band, fine. Far Out! Jimmy will finally stretch his wings.

OTOH....Chris Cornell is a mighty fine vocalist........... :shifty::whistling:

Oh yes he is!!!!!!!! And he's letting the hair grow back!!! Now that's not the most important thing but I loved his look back in the 90's. :banana:

Ahem.....on to more important & relevant things......he recently left a group situation (Audioslave) so I don't know if that's his thing and whether he'd be a match for whatever J, J & J have planned musically. :) Not that I think it couldn't work but I read in the recent EW that Chris working on a new album and he's collaborating with Timbaland. B)

Do you think he would be singing Love Me Tender? ;)

Who ever they might choose, if this even true I would bet would be chosen with great care and forethought.

Yeah ,A lot of thought would have to go into Lyric's etc in the song writing dept .I really couldn"t see the fans of jimmy and john paul jones being happy about hearing POP SONGS on the radio .Jimmy wasn't too happy about doing "sea of love" with Robert .so I think the Songs Need that special touch to the Lyrics ,for it to work with the way jimmy and jonesy like to play.

Que sera sera!

Pop a rorer and get your sense of humor back. I took exactly as intended. Funny....

It's not like the guys are abandoning Rober for Christs sake and I wish everyone would quit saying 'replace Robert'. We all know there is no 'replacing' Robert but just because Robert is involved in his current gigs does not prevent the others from forming a group, adding a new singer and making music to their hearts content! Just like Robert.

Hi Leddy,

New singer, new material, new name (and Led Zeppelin songs performed in concerts).

Jimmy Page is rising.

Jimmy, Jonesy, Jason form a new group!?!? Best viable plan we could ever hope for!!!! And JPJ stated some time ago he's been working on new material for his next album, so he obviously could bring that to the studio right now. Jonesy's solo material is fast, heavy and clean. I often wonder what would it sound like if Jimmy added a few notes. Listen to Zooma and imagine.

The use of the name "Led Zeppelin" , belongs to jimmy p and maybe Atlantic.

Robert sold out all rights many years ago. To Page. I am sure Robert gets his

share of songwrighting credits, in the form of monthly checks. But he is prolly

pissed about it. Hindsight is 60/20. Who Knew what would come down the road

30 years later? Who could blame him for selling?

Jimmy Page certainly can use the Zeppelin name, with an Atlantic Records blessing.

It would do more for the entire music industry than if Elvis were found alive,

and still in the building.

I don't think using the name Led Zeppelin is a matter of ownership (a record label wouldn't likely own the name - the band or specific members would) but integerity and Jimmy himself said it's not Led Zep without all four of them so I'd take that to mean no Robert, they'll call it something else.

Pop a rorer and get your sense of humor back. I took exactly as intended. Funny....

It's not like the guys are abandoning Rober for Christs sake and I wish everyone would quit saying 'replace Robert'. We all know there is no 'replacing' Robert but just because Robert is involved in his current gigs does not prevent the others from forming a group, adding a new singer and making music to their hearts content! Just like Robert.

Yeah it was hilarious :rolleyes:Popping a Rorer wouldn't bring any semblance of humor back,maybe a vacant smile and that's about it.

I have no problem with the 3 J's doing their thing,I'm all for it.I have every bit of music from each of their projects.I wouldn't slam any member of the band for their decision to do what they chose.

Yeah it was hilarious :rolleyes:Popping a Rorer wouldn't bring any semblance of humor back,maybe a vacant smile and that's about it.

I have no problem with the 3 J's doing their thing,I'm all for it.I have every bit of music from each of their projects.I wouldn't slam any member of the band for their decision to do what they chose.

Glad to hear it dude. :)

At this point in time, if r plant wont do it for whatever reason,

he can suck it.

The rest of the boys will rooooooooooooooooooooooooock on into history!

Cant wait.

Bluegrass sucks, unless your're Flatt n Scruggs.

Even my 19yr old daughter said "What? it can't be LED ZEPPELIN w/o Robert."

I agree.

and IMHO, no BONZO no Zep either.

They could put on some killer music, for sure. But sorry, it could never match the magic of the Mighty Machine of the Original Led Zeppelin. That chapter is over. Period.

A new band, fine. Far Out! Jimmy will finally stretch his wings.

It is indeed over and, at least for me, nothing could ever come close to that magic. And, while it lasted, it was a wonderful chapter - one that I'm blessed to have experienced.

To me, Led Zeppelin always were and always will be these four guys. :wub: :wub: :wub:

LZRHJamesFortune.jpg

With the very formidable John Paul Jones at his side. Who is there better for Jimmy to work with?

could be good !!

Nobody, JPJ and Jimmy together again could create something very special as JPJ would always enhance and fill out jimmy's ideas in the past like Kashmir.

Amen to what you both said. I am looking forward to hearing and seeing something very special and powerful from Jimmy and JPJ.

A clue! A CLUE!

The new singer is...A GIRL!!!

:D

Awww, maaaan! I was hoping for Donald Duck to get the gig! ;)

Yea, this is fun, I like games. :D Now I've been around this site long enough to know that Knebby gives us these little clues (thanks Knebby!) and what I've noticed different in her posts today is that "Going Quackers" byline. In searching that phrase I've come to the conclusion that the mystery singer is either Quackers the Shit-Eating Duck (Quackers' MySpace) or Donald Duck. Leaning towards Donald......Florida.....Disneyworld.....hmmmmm. Well, my mom lives in Florida too but I'm sure she would have told me if it's her, she can't keep a secret. :P

Archived