New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Has Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes said anything about this? Just curious. I saw Jimmy playing with them on you tube. I'm not a huge black crowes fan, but was pleasantly surprised with how it came off.

Somewhere on this board, maybe even in this thread (too tired to look back), it was stated that Chris and Jimmy had a falling out. I believe Chris is quite the pain in the ass to work with so regardless of how he can sing, he's not an option.

What do you guys think of DARYL HALL from Hall and Oates? He`s not as rough around the edges as Robert but he has a lot of soul, damn good songwriter and he might not be get "wowed" by the rest of the band as a less veteran singer might.

How about Steve-O from jackass? Jimmy can play bango as Steve-O enters the stage in high speed shopping cart. As he barrels over into the front row of fans the camera can catch their facial expressions as they learn Steve-O had intentionally crapped his diaper--great dvd moment!

Somewhere on this board, maybe even in this thread (too tired to look back), it was stated that Chris and Jimmy had a falling out. I believe Chris is quite the pain in the ass to work with so regardless of how he can sing, he's not an option.

I was about to put Chris Robinson forward after listening to Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes at The Greek... I think he does a fantastic job!! But if what you say is true then it's back to the drawing board!!

How about Steve-O from jackass? Jimmy can play bango as Steve-O enters the stage in high speed shopping cart. As he barrels over into the front row of fans the camera can catch their facial expressions as they learn Steve-O had intentionally crapped his diaper--great dvd moment!

I think I'd actually prefer that to Rob Thomas!

I was about to put Chris Robinson forward after listening to Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes at The Greek... I think he does a fantastic job!! But if what you say is true then it's back to the drawing board!!

I don't think Chris Robinson has it. I did not like his performance with Jimmy and the Crowes; he came off as trying to act like Plant too much. I don't think he really has it vocally either. That whole concert pissed me off-I just wanted the Crowes to shut up(no disrespect to them but I'm not a fan) so I could hear Jimmy but I had no choice--if I wanted to see/hear Jimmy I had to put up with it.

The sheer number of responses to this topic makes it obvious that most Zep fans long to see a current project beyond the Atlantic Anniversary concert.

Robert Plant seemed interested at first, and expressed as much in Rolling Stone.

Recently he reversed that position in the same mag, and almost came across insulted that anyone EVER thought there could be a new Zep tour with Jason on drums, because he is FAR too busy.

Well EXCUSE us..

Meanwhile the other members continue to rehearse without him, and say in print that they all want to rock!

Power to them, and we all know that any effort without RP won't be called Led Zeppelin.

That's fine.

If Robert is not inclined to do anything "too loud"- than I know that a project with a fine young talent like Myles Kennedy would be HIGHLY sucessfull.

I for one really hope they do it, and THAT'S something I'd spend my hard-earned money on..

The sheer number of responses to this topic makes it obvious that most Zep fans long to see a current project beyond the Atlantic Anniversary concert.

Robert Plant seemed interested at first, and expressed as much in Rolling Stone.

Recently he reversed that position in the same mag, and almost came across insulted that anyone EVER thought there could be a new Zep tour with Jason on drums, because he is FAR too busy.

Well EXCUSE us..

Meanwhile the other members continue to rehearse without him, and say in print that they all want to rock!

Power to them, and we all know that any effort without RP won't be called Led Zeppelin.

That's fine.

If Robert is not inclined to do anything "too loud"- than I know that a project with a fine young talent like Myles Kennedy would be HIGHLY sucessfull.

I for one really hope they do it, and THAT'S something I'd spend my hard-earned money on..

Are you referring to the concert from 1988 because they did perform more recently than that. Nowhere did Robert ever imply he was interested in reforming Zep. All he said post the 02 show was that it could be something they could do for the right reasons. Nor did he ever say he was too busy. His plans for promoting and touring with Alison were well into place prior to the concert last year. The other members rehearsing without him was because he wasn't on board! Robert also never said he didn't want to do anything "too loud'. Those were John Paul Jones' words based on HIS opinion, not anything Robert has said.

Are you referring to the concert from 1988 because they did perform more recently than that. Nowhere did Robert ever imply he was interested in reforming Zep. All he said post the 02 show was that it could be something they could do for the right reasons. Nor did he ever say he was too busy. His plans for promoting and touring with Alison were well into place prior to the concert last year. The other members rehearsing without him was because he wasn't on board! Robert also never said he didn't want to do anything "too loud'. Those were John Paul Jones' words based on HIS opinion, not anything Robert has said.

Exactly, and if 99.99% of the people would just wait for an official announcement from Sam/Admin, then we wouldn't have 100 pages per thread of the same old posts, either...

:wall::beat::sos:

R B)

You've mastered copying and pasting, when you write to mum tell her piss off.

Dumb ass///leave admin alone they put up with you enough.

1988?

No, of course not. That's FAR too long ago.

I was referring to the Dec 10 2007 Atlantic Records tribute concert for Ahmet Ertegun, and directly quoting the Nov 27 2008 issue of Rolling Stone.

On page 19, there is an article titled " Zeppelin Members Seek New Singer".

A quote from John Paul Jones starts on page 19, and ends on page 22.

He says:

"We really want to do something, and Robert doesn't want to do this, at least for the moment. He really doesn't want to make loud music anymore. We do."

Please check his quote for yourself, and know that I wouldn't have said it- if it were not a matter of public record..

Geez, please, read his words just as words and don't add you speculation into that.

You've mastered copying and pasting, when you write to mum tell her piss off.

Dumb ass///leave admin alone they put up with you enough.

Nobody's messing with Admin.

Sounds like you're just trying to provoke others on the forum.

We see how you are trying to tick off other forum members on other threads, too.

Calling people "imposters", "Dumb ass", etc... on the forum won't win you many friends or give you much credibility with Admin either.

Keep it up and you'll be hearing from Admin.

They will post something when "something is actually happening".

We don't need your negative comments (and by the way, MH was a really poorly acted and really lame soap opera from the 70s that nobody cared for).

Get a real life and don't bother us with your crap.

:wtf::sarcastic_hand::thumbdown:

....(maybe the elevator doesn't go to the top floor???).... :huh:

R B)

1988?

I was referring to the Dec 10 2007 Atlantic Records tribute concert for Ahmet Ertegun, and directly quoting the Nov 27 2008 issue of Rolling Stone.

On page 19, there is an article titled " Zeppelin Members Seek New Singer".

A quote from John Paul Jones starts on page 19, and ends on page 22.

He says:

"We really want to do something, and Robert doesn't want to do this, at least for the moment. He really doesn't want to make loud music anymore. We do."

Please check his quote for yourself, and know that I wouldn't have said it- if it were not a matter of public record..

Well you referred to the concert as Atlantic's 40th Anniversary in your original post which WAS in 1988. The 02 was to raise money for Ahmet's charity.

The media are the ones claiming Zep is seeking a new singer. Jimmy has specifically stated there is no Zep without all of them on board. This is a NEW project but the media want to make a story so they're calling it something it isn't. And again, JPJ is making a statement based on his OWN assumptions because Robert is working with Alison Krauss right now. It is NOT based on anything Robert has said. People offer up their opinions and comments all the time based on their own interpretations. Just because he said it doesn't make it fact.

I think db1 was referring to when Robert was quoted as saying something to the effect that at first he did'nt want to do it but now thats all he wanted to do.

Hahahaha, you have excellent vision. Mary should really be spelled Harry, if you get my drift.

Nice defensive posture against an offensive facade.

Thanks.

Now, on with the show....back to the topic... :D

R B)

1988?

I was referring to the Dec 10 2007 Atlantic Records tribute concert for Ahmet Ertegun,

Then why did you call it the Atlantic Anniversary gig?

Robert has never said he doesn't want to play loud music anymore. The words are from JPJ, and entirely his own opinion. Guess bluegrass is only cool when he's playing it. :rolleyes:

Then why did you call it the Atlantic Anniversary gig?

Robert has never said he doesn't want to play loud music anymore. The words are from JPJ, and entirely his own opinion. Guess bluegrass is only cool when he's playing it. :rolleyes:

Actually, Bluegrass is only cool when Bill Monroe plays it. Got your point though. :D

Welcome back, BTW. Was wondering where you'd been. You made it on my Xmas list on another post.

Archived