New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Is it possible that robert did speak with jpj and he did actually say it?

if not, then shame on jpj for putting words in roberts mouth. Maybe he's just busting chops abit. I would never blame jpj for being unhappy about not being asked to play in 1994.

Exuse me for not keeping up with all 79 pages but has anyone suggested Chris Cornell for collaboration with a new project? Opinions?

Just about everyone that you can imagine has been mentioned and discussed to death, including Chris Cornell.

I am surprised that this thread is still being discussed. Nothing new to add. Same old, same old.

It's a pity that Steven Tyler didn't work out - he's one of the few hard rock singers who brings a certain funk sensibility in his delivery, as well as so much blatant sex.

I dont think it was ever meant to work out with Stephen Tyler, as I understand it was just him jamming with them for the hell of it and also the last try to get Plant to tour. But I agree, Tyler would have been an excellent choice, Aerosmith still do not disappoint in the present day. Sure hope there's a recording of the jamming session somewhere.

if they really are to tour in 2009, don't you think we'll soon have to hear something from the guys?

I don't know how long it takes to set up a tour, but I really doubt that they are going tottour anyway in 2009 if we don't hear somethin, say, til the end of january...and chris cornell would be awesome, but i really doubt he's going to be the new singer...

... oh my god, i really am a pessimist, please give me some good news :)

if they really are to tour in 2009, don't you think we'll soon have to hear something from the guys?

I don't know how long it takes to set up a tour, but I really doubt that they are going tottour anyway in 2009 if we don't hear somethin, say, til the end of january...and chris cornell would be awesome, but i really doubt he's going to be the new singer...

I hope there's going to be some news soon too!

I don't now how long it takes to set up a tour, I was speaking to the Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron Thal (aka Bumblefoot)when he did a signing in London recently and he was saying that there are so many things that go into making a tour that if one thing goes wrong it all collapses.He also said that in GnR he can be told that they're touring a month before.

It depends if this new band is going to do a 'tour' as such or e.g. a few nights at the O2, a few nights at Madison Square Garden etc. If it is the odd date here and there then it shouldnt take too long but as for when we'll here something who knows, the O2 was announced in September and was originally set for November, so not much time there.

Also, it depends if its a new album then tour or the other waya round or the odd show in between making the album. Hopefully something will be said soon.

It depends on what venues an artist would play at and whether they're booked up already. Places like Madison Square Garden, for example, hold sports games so you need to factor that in. It's still possible they have already got things in the works for a summer/fall tour. Hopefully we'll find out soon - the suspense is tough isn't it!

Been off the board for awhile so I know this is late but, fwiw, a band called The Answer from Ireland opened for the AC/DC concert and not only does the singer have a similar look to a young Plant he has a great voice and all I kept thinking was he would be fun to listen to doing Led Zep songs and is the only singer I've ever heard that sounds even close. I am sure he thinks so as well from his mannerisms and having the same hair as Plant did! :P

Anyway, when I came back from getting a beer during the break, my friend said she overheard several people saying the same thing. I DK if he'd want to or would be able to learn all those lyrics well enough, and I only heard a few songs, but they were well received. Also, as I said he looked and sang his heart out like Plant is a hero of his sooo.....

While I realize it would be a very long shot as he is not well known and younger, he might be good and would sound closer to the real thing, which is what I want to hear. Otherwise, I'd love to just go to a show w/o a singer and hear the music by itself in all its glory or just go to a show with a solo Page. That said, I'll take whatever I get! :-D

Just about everyone that you can imagine has been mentioned and discussed to death, including Chris Cornell.

I am surprised that this thread is still being discussed. Nothing new to add. Same old, same old.

Agreed. A suggestion for the folks still wanting to "toss out" another name: try the Search Topic function at the bottom of the page, in the left-hand corner. :slapface:

It's really simple. Just scroll down and type the name of the singer you'd like to suggest into the keywords window. Will save you the pain of reading through the 80 pages. B)

Doubt this project will come off at all, if ever. Hope I am wrong, but since the Myles rumor was put to rest, there has been not a whisper from anyone which is telling. Anything this big, if it was on, you would at least hear something. Doesn't look good IMO. :boohoo:

Doubt this project will come off at all, if ever. Hope I am wrong, but since the Myles rumor was put to rest, there has been not a whisper from anyone which is telling.

Remember that Jonesy said they had tried with SINGERS, plural, so I think they had also got someone else besides Myles.

Who knows what's running underground? ;) As JPJ said they would tell us more when there is more to tell.

Remember that Jonesy said they had tried with SINGERS, plural, so I think they had also got someone else besides Myles.

Who knows what's running underground? ;) As JPJ said they would tell us more when there is more to tell.

Didn't they initially "try new singers" just to cause scandal -> to make Plant give in and return to LZ? If they really have been secretly waiting for Robert like they should, and only recently decided to forget the reunion and seriously start a non LZ project, then it's bound to take some time before they get the work done and have news to tell.

Didn't they initially "try new singers" just to cause scandal -> to make Plant give in and return to LZ? If they really have been secretly waiting for Robert like they should, and only recently decided to forget the reunion and seriously start a non LZ project, then it's bound to take some time before they get the work done and have news to tell.

I doubt it - sounds like Robert was pretty clear about not wanting to be involved and as Jimmy said, it's not Zep without all of them. I would assume they tried different singers to find the one that would suit what they're doing best.

I don't think they only had the other singers just for scandal(and what scandal?), even they had wanted Robert back in the camp, ye I think they did, too, it's something way too serious and important to just mess around.

And I agree it will still take some time. Let's be patient.

I doubt it - sounds like Robert was pretty clear about not wanting to be involved and as Jimmy said, it's not Zep without all of them. I would assume they tried different singers to find the one that would suit what they're doing best.

Yet talk about LZ reunion had been going on for a long time, the situation about Plant was to be announced last September, but it took until late October before anyone said that there would be no reunion but something else instead. :Thinking: So what will the new material be then? Was it composed to be LZ music? Then to be marketed as another band's music? Lately they have talked about "replacing" Plant, but what is there to replace if the new band has nothing to do with LZ? Is the new band actually LZ remains with a guest singer then?

Yet talk about LZ reunion had been going on for a long time, the situation about Plant was to be announced last September, but it took until late October before anyone said that there would be no reunion but something else instead. :Thinking: So what will the new material be then? Was it composed to be LZ music? Then to be marketed as another band's music? Lately they have talked about "replacing" Plant, but what is there to replace if the new band has nothing to do with LZ? Is the new band actually LZ remains with a guest singer then?

There was no talk of a reunion except amongst fans speculating and the media also speculating. Never has any of them indicated a reunion was in the works.

As far as new material - we won't know what it will be like until it's released ;) They haven't talked about replacing Plant - the MEDIA has used that as a headline. The guys are simply looking for A singer for their NEW project.

There was no talk of a reunion except amongst fans speculating and the media also speculating. Never has any of them indicated a reunion was in the works.

As far as new material - we won't know what it will be like until it's released ;) They haven't talked about replacing Plant - the MEDIA has used that as a headline. The guys are simply looking for A singer for their NEW project.

Oh, but there was. At least in early 2008 when promoting Mothership, Page definitely talked about Led Zeppelin future reunion and about them waiting for Plant to finish his RS project first. And even if media had twisted his words, Page and Jones declined to put a stop to the LZ reunion buzz until last October.

Archived