New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Jimmy from the beginning has tried to build up the possibility the O2 would turn into something more, Robert from the beginning has tried to deny the possibility it would turn into something more--a lot of mixed signals, basically.

Jonesy's apparently up for anything. Musical.

I'm betting there is a one-off performance somewhere, sometime this year. It may not make headlines until afterwards, but something tells me they will perform together again. As for a tour, I'm still adament ol' Planty will come around..but for that, my wallet stays closed and away from any bets.

Peter Mensch, talking to BBC6 Music..

Link

My heart sank when I read this from said interview...

“I can’t comment on any rumours right now,” said the manager, “It’s gonna be a long and difficult process. And we’re not soliciting people! So don’t call me about it!”

:(

Link

“I can’t comment on any rumours right now,” said the manager, “It’s gonna be a long and difficult process. And we’re not soliciting people! So don’t call me about it!”

"Long and difficult" but at least they're doing it!

Love the David Brent quote in your sig by the way!

Link

"Led Zeppelin’s manager speaks about the 70s rock behemoths’ future without Robert Plant.

Why would a band that doesn't exist have a manager?

Link

Sometimes it's really funny to see how today's journalists work in their way...

huh?

"Led Zeppelin’s manager speaks about the 70s rock behemoths’ future without Robert Plant.

Why would a band that doesn't exist have a manager?

Because Page, JPJ and Robert are all still alive (and for legal purposes, etc...)???

R B)

Link

Thanks for the link. Nice to hear at least something from somebody who has some credentials. I've been waitng just like everybody else, I can wait a little longer!

found at www.variety.com:

"Yesterday, in a move obviously intended to wow underenthused affiliates and key advertisers, CBS television executives unveiled their slate of late-winter replacement programming.......(including) a retooling of their reality snoozer 'Rockstar Supernova.' Set for a mid-February debut, and tentatively scheduled in the 9:00 Wednesday timeslot, 'Rockstar Legend' will feature 16 up-and-coming vocalists competing for the opportunity to replace Robert Plant as lead singer in Led Zeppelin, an iconic '70s band planning a summer tour. Brooke Burke will return to host and Dave Navarro will again head up the celebrity judging panel. Navarro will be joined by original band members Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, along with Jason Bonham, son of deceased band drummer John Bonham. The show has received a 13-week commitment."

I don't believe this.

the talent presented would be too narrow with only 16 vocalists. but you never know, they might hit it off.

how young are the contestants.

I know they're origins will be worldwide.

shows like this do not produce staying power for the band being featured.

can't see Jimmy, JPJ and Jason on a 13 week commitment in the USA for this (unless there's a feed of them from Britain).

and why in America?; has Britain planned a similar show? - oh but then I wouldn't get the show here to see it :(

I can't sing, but where can I audition?

if you want to be a member of the band, CLICK HERE ;)

what if the band called themselves:

Jimmy, JPJ and Friends with special guest vocalist Robert Plant" :blink:

uh oh, if Robert came on board to sing only a couple of songs, would that cause some other new or veteran singer(s) who are also on the bill, to take their name(s) off the hopeful's list! who would drop off the list?

Jack White... nah he can stay

Terry Reid revisited, a little blues, nice voice

Paul Rodgers

Roger Daltry

Chris Cornell

Pat Monahan

Chris Robinson

Puff Daddy

Barry Manilow

Jack Russell

Alison Kraus

Andrew Stockdale

David Cloverdale

Jorne Lande

Ann Wilson of Heart... no leave her in please!

Myles Kennedy

a hottie!

Scott Weiland

John Whitney

Cedric Bixler

Axl Rose

Tortlevis

Ben Harper

Sammy Hagar

George Michael

John McCain

William Hung

John Corabi

Dave Grohl

Steven Tyler... no please

Geddy Lee... love his rock voice

Eddie Vedder

Patti Smith

Jack Black

Scott Weiland

Steve Perry

Paul Stanley

David Cook ('Teenage Wasteland' & 'Billy Jean' etc. on YouTube), he gets my vote :P

all the people who did a Stairway cover, oh no! :slapface:

I am just back from the AC/DC concert in Cincinnati and I was very impressed with the warm up band, The Answer, from Northern Ireland.

The singer reminded me of a young Robert, and he really had stage presence and could belt out the tunes. His name is Cormac Neeson . I heard other people at the concert commenting that he reminded them of Robert, too. He would be a great singer for the three J's.

802340391.jpg

I looked the band up in Wikipedia and it said that the band has opened for the Stones and the Who recently. It said that Jimmy is a fan of theirs!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_(band)

Listen to the songs "Come Follow Me " (live in Japan) and "The Doctor".

http://www.myspace.com/theanswerrock

I think that I am their newest fan. Love them.

I have read most every post in this thread and please forgive me if this is a repeat. I don't remember seeing Cormac mentioned before, but just about everyone else who can sing has been mentioned in this thread. :)

found at www.variety.com:

"Yesterday, in a move obviously intended to wow underenthused affiliates and key advertisers, CBS television executives unveiled their slate of late-winter replacement programming.......(including) a retooling of their reality snoozer 'Rockstar Supernova.' Set for a mid-February debut, and tentatively scheduled in the 9:00 Wednesday timeslot, 'Rockstar Legend' will feature 16 up-and-coming vocalists competing for the opportunity to replace Robert Plant as lead singer in Led Zeppelin, an iconic '70s band planning a summer tour. Brooke Burke will return to host and Dave Navarro will again head up the celebrity judging panel. Navarro will be joined by original band members Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, along with Jason Bonham, son of deceased band drummer John Bonham. The show has received a 13-week commitment."

I don't see this in Variety. (Thank God!) Do you have a link? :huh:

What Led Zeppelin should do is a one-time massive global "farewell tour," do the top 17 or 18 Zep songs that would be voted on by the fans all over the world, put out a DVD on the best of ... from this world tour, then retire for good.

...instead they've just fast-forwarded to "retire for good".

• 3 weeks later...

Archived