New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Plant is being a fucking douchebag and has since Zeppelin broke up. He pretty much complained every time Zeppelin did a reunion and wont go on a tour. I understand that wants to tour with Krauss, but I would love to see Plant too but he cleary doesnt care about his old buddies.

This will probably offend people.

Plant is being a fucking douchebag and has since Zeppelin broke up. He pretty much complained every time Zeppelin did a reunion and wont go on a tour. I understand that wants to tour with Krauss, but I would love to see Plant too but he cleary doesnt care about his old buddies.

You think? :o

I don't think he's not touring with Zep because he doesn't care about his buddies. Perhaps it's just not something he is inspired to do. That isn't saying he has ill will towards JP or JPJ because I don't think he does at all. Or towards Zep for that matter.

All I want to see is JP, JPJ, and JB put out some rocking stuff. Anything JP does I love so I hope something comes out, rather than rumors from the Sun. I've also read that Robert would like to put out another record with Krauss. Time is running out. Frank Sinatra always stayed true to form and JP has always rocked, stayed true to his roots and delivered. Let's hope that the rest of the J's can find someone to fit the bill so we can get some new material from JP. I'll dig out all my credit cards to see the three J's, but the Plant/Krauss thing does nothing for me.

Are you guys really crazy to believe Jimmy is shallow enough to call this project Led Zeppelin? I think even if Robert were to be involved, that they wouldn't sell it off as Led Zeppelin. ANd at this stage of thier lives, I say go for it. Robert has been the one who has kept anything from happening since 1980 and its about time to do something before it's too late.

Even with Robert, it's not Led Zeppelin. Close, but not the real thing. It would be like Paul and Ringo doing a Beatles tour with Julian Lennon and Dhani Harrison.

I've seen countless Page/Plant show, and several JPJ shows. Spent time with Jason on three occasions when he had the Jason Bonham Band. Jason was a mess back then with drinking. He is talented, but watching him play like shit and down beer after beer was sad. But Jimmy looks healthy and Jason seems to have matured and put his demons to rest.

I'm just excited to see Jimmy and JPJ together. I think Jason know his dad's styles on songs inside out, and the different ways he played them along they way till the end.

Just be happy and let Robert be. What would make me happy is for him to make a statement, and not have this turn into 1993 again with media wars.

BTW, watch the post Live-Aid interview. Robert was a Dick towards Jimmy. I hope he takes the high road this time

We here and at other Zep sitesa re dedicated fans of the band.

However we have to think wider than our own needs wants and perceptions.

As a marketing venture going out with the name Led Zeppelin would sell tickets far quicker than any other name chiosen even though Jimmy and Jonesy are in the band. That I think most people would agree with.

However the so called outside world would expect Robert Plant to be part of that named band on stage would they not cos i think I can safely say that people have in passing, down the years associated the name Robert Plant with the band Led Zeppelin.

I think they would expect him to be with Jimmy and Jonesy.

Would this put some people off going if they don't know the singer?

Would they buy an album without Robert plant on it in the name of led zeppelin. Would they feel short changed or would they embrace a new singer?

Lets face it Roberts a fucking hard act to follow

In fact just how are we here going to react when we hear a new incarnation without RP?

Perhaps those who say "stuff Robert Plant" may suddenly be clamouring for him.

We live in interesting times B)

i just cant wait to find out who the singer is that jimmy , john paul and jason have been rehearsing with. i absolutely trust their judgement, im sure whoever it is will do a fine job.

i cant for the life of me understand why so many people are talking about the name......did jimmy or john paul ever say they would use the led zeppelin name without robert?

i think not. stop agonizing over that point people!

new singerand new material imho means a new name also.

oooooh i JUST CANT WAIT!!!

This is good news, I am glad to see JP and JPJ doing something together.

My 2 cents:

1. All the people that blasted SteveAJones in this thread: BREAKING NEWS: STUDIO DAZE!

should apologize to him, because he (and Nech and maybe a few others) obviously have access to information before most everyone else. And, as events have turned out, that info is obviously correct.

2. I don't really care if RP doesn't want to join the 3 J's. I don't fault him for not wanting to "re-live the past," and quite honestly when I listen to music, it's more about the music than the vocals (unless it's Elvis or Frank). Although, I think they should give Logan Plant a try just for the hell of it. Maybe he would be an apt replacement for his old man as Jason is for Bonzo. Besides, Plant has always given his son-in-law a job, why not his own kid. :D

3. It really cracks me up when people insinuate a disrespect for the 3 J's if they were to perform as "Led Zeppelin." It's Jimmy's band, and he can call it whatever he wants. How many singers, bass players, and drummers have Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, AC/DC, KISS, and others had and still continued under the same name? That being said, I don't think they will use the name, regardless of SAJ's info.

And for Misty Mountain's sake, I hope it is Dave Groul, whomever that might be.

The trouble is you can NEVER replace the chemistry and presence that Robert Plant brings to the equation. A new singer would need to just go for a technical representation or interpretation of the songs. It would be a disaster if this singer looked anything like Robert, as the visual impact be a hollow charade, a tribute band kinda pageantry.

If the singer had an adequacy of his own charisma, it could be pulled off much like Brian Johnson partially filled Bon Scott's shoes and gave AC/DC a new identity. Brian J could also NEVER replace Bon, but he took it somewhere else. The dynamics, energy and spirit of Led Zeppelin are, however, substantially more complex than AC/DC, which is essentially a good time rock n' roll band and did not aspire to being much beyond this.

Jimmy probably has rights to use the name Led Zeppelin, but without Robert this would be a mistake. I think the use of the shortened "Zeppelin" would be a reasonable compromise and one Robert would be tolerant of.

The fantastic thing about all this is that the three Js will be super tight and incendiary musically with all this pre-tour rehearsing. A real opportunity to foster the musically intelligent, telepathic rapport to capture the spirit of Led Zeppelin.

I'd prefer Robert to follow his muse and be a happy bunny than shoe horn himself in to a rollercoaster ride he doesn't have his whole being invested in. Life is too damn short for that. BUT, one can only hope that hearing about Richard Wright from Pink Floyd's death at 65, he realises you don't get many shots at this beautiful parade and don't know when it will fade out.

Indi.

This is good news, I am glad to see JP and JPJ doing something together.

My 2 cents:

1. All the people that blasted SteveAJones in this thread: BREAKING NEWS: STUDIO DAZE!

should apologize to him, because he (and Nech and maybe a few others) obviously have access to information before most everyone else. And, as events have turned out, that info is obviously correct.

2. I don't really care if RP doesn't want to join the 3 J's. I don't fault him for not wanting to "re-live the past," and quite honestly when I listen to music, it's more about the music than the vocals (unless it's Elvis or Frank). Although, I think they should give Logan Plant a try just for the hell of it. Maybe he would be an apt replacement for his old man as Jason is for Bonzo. Besides, Plant has always given his son-in-law a job, why not his own kid. :D

3. It really cracks me up when people insinuate a disrespect for the 3 J's if they were to perform as "Led Zeppelin." It's Jimmy's band, and he can call it whatever he wants. How many singers, bass players, and drummers have Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, AC/DC, KISS, and others had and still continued under the same name? That being said, I don't think they will use the name, regardless of SAJ's info.

And for Misty Mountain's sake, I hope it is Dave Groul,; whomever that might be.

Dave Grohl /growl/grovel ; whomever/whatever you wish to call him, his style of singing would do wonders for Led zeppelin songs. :thumbsup::wave::hysterical::lol:

what was that thread about them working on NEW material Steve?! : )

Damn Thunderthieves.

As I've said repeatedly, many here who know info that isn't SUPPOSED to be released don't release it. An odd concept to some I know, but they keep quiet as they have been asked to, until somethng is made public.

Don't you think the boys have people watching these sites to see where leaks come from? Some would NEVER betray those confidences, and it amazes me to see that some do, risking the connection that they are so proud of.

The only "thunderthieves" around here are the ones trying to steal Led Zeppelin's thunder by getting some personal "glory" out of this info. :rolleyes:

Can I just say I am sick of reading D... G....'s name here!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some official news soon, so he can go off on his break from the FFs doing stuff like not singing/drumming with Jimmy, JPJ and Jason <_<

We don't have anything official. So why discuss another press article(one from thousands?) ? Let's wait until Jimmy will confirm any details. Perhaps he'll never play guitar in public? Who knows?

Robert will never join Jimmy and JPJ again. He wants to do his own thing. Sad but true. But on one hand I think he's right with that.

i had hoped for robert to do the album with page, jones , and bonham. i would have loved to hear that. the chemistry is undeniable.

i support robert in all his configurations. i buy them, i go to see the stage presentation, and he has never dissappointed me.

i live for the days i can see jimmy page onstage. it's my thing...

anyone who saw jones on tour behind zooma knows that you can't buy a better musician. i will support anything he does as well, and know i will get my money's worth. not to mention, the musical chemistry he has with page goes back well before zeppelin.

jason was a revelation at o2. i'm glad he's in the mix.

led zeppelin broke up in 1980. what some of us are doing is chasing the dream. i quote john lennon: "the dream is over".

however, to follow the career of artists that moved us is another thing all together. i know zep is done. but page can still roar - playing the oldies or anything new. so can plant.

there can be no zeppelin (in name) without robert plant. a new album from two of the guys who used to be in zeppelin and the son of another will be very interesting and probably alot fairer to the reputation of that old band as long as they don't call it led zeppelin. as for zeppelin played in concert by this new band-just as fair as letting a great bluegrass singer do "when the levee breaks".

all in all, most of this is excellent news. i am sorry robert isn't interested. i do think it's a mistake for him to miss it, but there must be other reasons we aren't privy to and that's fine with me.

in the end.....i will get a new page album and see jimmy onstage playing his heart out.

i can't wait....

Greetings all.

Apologies if this was already touched on but here it goes...

Regarding this whole thing about the "other three" auditioning a new singer. Isn't it possible that they're just using these stand in vocalists to keep the band fresh and sustain that alchemical quality amoung the musicians? IMO what made Zep work as a live act was that they approached the music like Jazz & Blues musicians do although in a Rock n Roll setting. The ability to improvise and move off in to different tangents at will was a key component to what Zeppelin did and indeed set them apart from other rock bands. This approach keeps things fresh and exciting for the musicians and ultimately kept the fans clamoring for more. You never knew what was gonna happen with these guys.

Ultimately I think Plant will be on board. He doesn't want to shred his voice. They did accept that GQ Award together. Something will happen. Maybe not a huge tour but something will happen.

The web site is still up. Plant's image is still on it. He continues to duck, dive and dodge like some politician.

You never know what's going to happen with these guys. By design.

BTW. I had the great fortune of meeting Jason Bonham in Detroit the same day he gave that interview about leaving Foreigner and "recording" with JPJ and JP. Truly a nice and down to earth guy and is still in awe about that the O2 concert happened at all just like us "fans". He wants more just like we do but even HE is in the dark. However, he IS working with JPJ and JP. That's a fact. He is just happy and amazed to working with musicians of such high caliber. It's his dream and he's grateful for the opportunity. He doesn't ask questions. Funny stories about the rehearsals too.

Cheers!!

As I've said repeatedly, many here who know info that isn't SUPPOSED to be released don't release it. An odd concept to some I know, but they keep quiet as they have been asked to, until somethng is made public.

Don't you think the boys have people watching these sites to see where leaks come from? Some would NEVER betray those confidences, and it amazes me to see that some do, risking the connection that they are so proud of.

The only "thunderthieves" around here are the ones trying to steal Led Zeppelin's thunder by getting some personal "glory" out of this info. :rolleyes:

Hey Knebby! Maybe I'm wrong but I've believed all along that the guys do plant a few seeds here and there. Of course some know all the details and others are privy to just enough to keep the frenzy machine going! I think it's brilliant on their part. I said this long before the O2 also.

"Give em just a little to chew on until we release any major news" :lol: They know what they are doing to their fans :) and I don't mind it a bit...kinda like prolonged foreplay :hysterical:

Am I wrong about that? Maybe I'm overanalyzing....

Archived