New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Hey Knebby! Maybe I'm wrong but I've believed all along that the guys do plant a few seeds here and there. Of course some know all the details and others are privy to just enough to keep the frenzy machine going! I think it's brilliant on their part. I said this long before the O2 also.

"Give em just a little to chew on until we release any major news" :lol: They know what they are doing to their fans :) and I don't mind it a bit...kinda like prolonged foreplay :hysterical:

Am I wrong about that? Maybe I'm overanalyzing....

yeah but our age were running out of breath Get it On/Off already :lol:

Hey Knebby! Maybe I'm wrong but I've believed all along that the guys do plant a few seeds here and there. Of course some know all the details and others are privy to just enough to keep the frenzy machine going! I think it's brilliant on their part. I said this long before the O2 also.

"Give em just a little to chew on until we release any major news" :lol: They know what they are doing to their fans :) and I don't mind it a bit...kinda like prolonged foreplay :hysterical:

Am I wrong about that? Maybe I'm overanalyzing....

Nothing wrong with analysis! Guilty as charged! :D

Mehdb, there are at least 5 people who regularly visit this forum who have a cast - iron connection to one or more of the band members - I don't mean a tennuous link down a chain of gossip, but a real connection where thay can phone or see the guys and talk to them about the current situation. Those people DON'T spread their info around, because the guys don't want it spread and they respect that. From the reactions I've heard of when info IS leaked - and the scramble to find out who's "camp" it came from - it is pretty clear to me that they themselves give out ALL the information that they want out there.

Hope you're having a nice Sunday! :beer:

From the reactions I've heard of when info IS leaked - and the scramble to find out who's "camp" it came from - it is pretty clear to me that they themselves give out ALL the information that they want out there.

And now we have to work out whether The Sun used the leak or the "given out" info, or just invented things :D Personally, I wouldn't bother. I do not believe in step-ins.... At least I hope there will be no such thing...

If I may be permitted, a few observations.

Jimmy found the perfect unknown singer the first time around. whos to say he cant do it again?

Steve Jones is spot on.

No one has said yet that "Led Zeppelin" would be touring again, and most are assuming it since JP JPJ and JB are in a studio that it would be the natural progression. Robert's done. He's happy doing his own thing, and he's damned good at it. To label it Led Zeppelin on here or in your head and stick another singer in there expecting Robert to come oozing out of him (or her) is setting yourself up for disappointment when its NOT Led Zeppelin, in every sense of what LZ mean to each of us.

BTW, I personally want Robert back. I want Zeppelin back. We need Zeppelin right now. Music, The World, and Mankind in general need Zeppelin one last time. I just don't think its ever going to happen again, sadly. I will take what I can get and be happy!

This has got to be the most ridiculous post Ive ever made, but I dont get on here much lately and I had to let it out.

Nothing wrong with analysis! Guilty as charged! :D

Mehdb, there are at least 5 people who regularly visit this forum who have a cast - iron connection to one or more of the band members - I don't mean a tennuous link down a chain of gossip, but a real connection where thay can phone or see the guys and talk to them about the current situation. Those people DON'T spread their info around, because the guys don't want it spread and they respect that. From the reactions I've heard of when info IS leaked - and the scramble to find out who's "camp" it came from - it is pretty clear to me that they themselves give out ALL the information that they want out there.

Hope you're having a nice Sunday! :beer:

Ahhhh, thanks for that Knebby :) And of course, those trusted few would no longer be trusted if they were to leak anything the guys did not want leaked. It is nice to have you on the board because when you confirm something then we all kinda just know that it is the truth and the guys are not trying to keep it secret!

I wonder who the other 4 are? :lol:

Jimmy found the perfect unknown singer the first time around. whos to say he cant do it again?

Steve Jones is spot on.

No one has said yet that "Led Zeppelin" would be touring again, and most are assuming it since JP JPJ and JB are in a studio that it would be the natural progression. Robert's done. He's happy doing his own thing, and he's damned good at it. To label it Led Zeppelin on here or in your head and stick another singer in there expecting Robert to come oozing out of him (or her) is setting yourself up for disappointment when its NOT Led Zeppelin, in every sense of what LZ mean to each of us.

BTW, I personally want Robert back. I want Zeppelin back. We need Zeppelin right now. Music, The World, and Mankind in general need Zeppelin one last time. I just don't think its ever going to happen again, sadly. I will take what I can get and be happy!

This has got to be the most ridiculous post Ive ever made, but I dont get on here much lately and I had to let it out.

I absolutely agree. Be happy and let the guys worry about the details!!

If you're happy and ya know it clap you hands!! clap! clap! :lol:

Now wait a minute we were informed that Elvis could possibly still be in the building so I vote for him....... after all he definitely had the pelvic thrust thing down pat.

Seriously though the only ones it will matter in the long run are the guys who make the music.

To label anyone a bad guy or hate any member as you profess your love of LZ is rather an oxymoron.

We need to be patient and wait and see, if nothing else it could be settled between JP and RP like this! :duel:

Steve Jones is spot on.

I agree with a lot of this. I think the LZ camp just let the press run wild with the assumption that there may be a full blown reunion tour without confirming or denying anything. The last thing I want is for this new singer to be a Robert clone. I just hope he does his own thing, and doesn't try to emulate him.

Jack White, welcome to the Led Zeppelin madness...it's all about you now baby!

Robert and Jack are good friends, mutual respect, and great performers - no hard feelings there.

I'm all for Jack and Jimmy, and JPJ and Jason hitting the road with new material.

Robert and Jack will be playing the Austin City Limits festival this September with their respective bands. Maybe Jimmy will show up and play a set with the Raconteurs.

I agree with a lot of this. I think the LZ camp just let the press run wild with the assumption that there may be a full blown reunion tour without confirming or denying anything. The last thing I want is for this new singer to be a Robert clone. I just hope he does his own thing, and doesn't try to emulate him.

thanks to you im glad it made sense to more than just me

I agree with a lot of this. I think the LZ camp just let the press run wild with the assumption that there may be a full blown reunion tour without confirming or denying anything. ]The last thing I want is for this new singer to be a Robert clone. I just hope he does his own thing, and doesn't try to emulate him.

I honestly believe that this will be the case Roxie. He would be a bit dumb to even try to emulate Robert and I am sure that the 3 J's wouldn't want that anyway.

A whole new generation of fans have the chance to see the best band ever. If its not Robert its might not be considered genuine Zeppelin, but it isnt already as its not the same band from the 70's. But technically with Robert its Zeppelin, without.... could it be considered. Would you still be as satisfied having seen this band live without Robert (the new singer could mostly likely sound better as he is not 60). Im sure the show would still be mind blowing. Either way I want to go, and I want to know, soon, before its too late.

I just became a Zeppelin fan within the last year, though I wish I had sooner, It honestly seems like there isnt a better time to be a Zeppelin fan (well maybe if I got serious 6 months earlier and went to the O2) within the last 20 years. I mean, within weeks/months I had every major bootleg (the internet is quite a source), they just had a reunion show and may be about to release new material/tour. Exciting times.

First off it is time for Page to do some singing for once in his life and I don't know why Jones and Bonham could not as well. Isn't it true that Bonham was doing back up vocals at the reunion show? You all realise that all possiblities could and probably should be done right? There is no reason not. They perhaps should even have MULTIPLE singers with themselves as well. As it is Plant could come back and do more with him...it would be SOOOO brilliant...they just all need to get on with it. I imagine that Plant will be back though early next year before the second Plant/Krauss project because there is some reason why Zep are waiting until the fall of 2009 as said by the words that came out of Page's mouth himself...put a few things together folks! Lol! :rolleyes:;):P

I can't hardly see LZ tarnishing the LZ name by letting David Grohl lead them. :rolleyes:

I can't hardly believe that anyone other then Robert would lead LZ.

Without Robert, there is no LZ. Robert is one of the main elements of LZ. Even when Page and Plant toured together, it wasn't called LZ.

Getting fans around the world to embrace LZ with any other singer besides Robert would take a miracle.

JP, JPJ and JB, with another singer can be called something else, but not Led Zeppelin.

That's my opinion anyway.

I can't hardly see LZ tarnishing the LZ name by letting David Grohl lead them. :rolleyes:

I can't hardly believe that anyone other then Robert would lead LZ.

Without Robert, there is no LZ. Robert is one of the main elements of LZ. Even when Page and Plant toured together, it wasn't called LZ.

Getting fans around the world to embrace LZ with any other singer besides Robert would take a miracle.

JP, JPJ and JB, with another singer can be called something else, but not Led Zeppelin.

That's my opinion anyway.

Your opinion is much more accurate than this story that's for sure. This is a load of hoopla.

Archived