New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Jack White, welcome to the Led Zeppelin madness...it's all about you now baby!

Robert and Jack are good friends, mutual respect, and great performers - no hard feelings there.

I'm all for Jack and Jimmy, and JPJ and Jason hitting the road with new material.

Robert and Jack will be playing the Austin City Limits festival this September with their respective bands. Maybe Jimmy will show up and play a set with the Raconteurs.

I'm not getting all the calls for Jack White. I'm a great fan, but he is first and foremost a guitarist, not a vocalist. He has an interesting vocal style but I'm not sure I would consider him a great singer (can you really picture him singing any of the Zep classics in concert). :blink: I don't think that Jimmy would be interested in in another lead guitarist and I don't see Jack playing second fiddle so to speak. I believe Jack currently resides in Nashville so if it is true about a singer from Florida that eliminates him.

I'm not getting all the calls for Jack White. I'm a great fan, but he is first and foremost a guitarist, not a vocalist. He has an interesting vocal style but I'm not sure I would consider him a great singer (can you really picture him singing any of the Zep classics in concert). :blink: I don't think that Jimmy would be interested in in another lead guitarist and I don't see Jack playing second fiddle so to speak. I believe Jack currently resides in Nashville so if it is true about a singer from Florida that eliminates him.

Yes, Jack White is based here in Nashville. I don't see Jack White being involved in this real or imaginary iteration of LZ.

As I've said repeatedly, many here who know info that isn't SUPPOSED to be released don't release it. An odd concept to some I know, but they keep quiet as they have been asked to, until somethng is made public.

Don't you think the boys have people watching these sites to see where leaks come from? Some would NEVER betray those confidences, and it amazes me to see that some do, risking the connection that they are so proud of.

The only "thunderthieves" around here are the ones trying to steal Led Zeppelin's thunder by getting some personal "glory" out of this info. :rolleyes:

AMEN KNEBBY and thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

It seems fairly clear to me this project isn't going to be Zeppelin. Jimmy made it pretty clear it's not Zep without all of them and Robert not being on board would therefore mean no Zep. The press is the one who's implying they're going on as Zep without Robert, not the rest of the guys who it clearly sounds to me like they're working on new material.

As far as people who have leaked information, I never understood why they'd want to risk their connection which clearly few have just for some personal false sense of "look at how great I am" moment.

As far as people in the know leaking information, I never understood why they'd want to risk their connection which clearly few have just for some personal false sense of "look at how great I am" moment. If that was me, I'd be guarding it with my life.

We will all know in due course, I guess with people wko are in the know and want to leak a little hear and there is a bit like surburban Britain !! keeping up with the Jones so to speak<_< .. some people get so caught up in that sort of thing !! But if anybody on here really does know what the score is and is keeping silent, then cool on them(trust iis the name of the game ), its fun for the rest of us mere mortals coming up with funny suggestions like Dave Grohl singing for them :)

As far as people in the know leaking information, I never understood why they'd want to risk their connection which clearly few have just for some personal false sense of "look at how great I am" moment. If that was me, I'd be guarding it with my life.

Excellent observation and point.

I am rooting for Myles Kennedy as someone brought his name up earlier.

The man has a 4 octave range, talent and stage presence plus he is and easy on the eyes an added bonus.

Just read on Ross Halfin's site that there will be a new Classic Rock mag about Zep. Perhaps some info will be in there? (I'm from Toronto Canada area so perhaps this is already on the shelves in the UK, if so, ignore this!)

The mag often does special one off features so perhaps that what he meant. Theres nothing on the shelves at the moment here in the UK other than the usual monthly copy of CR and its not a Zep edition.

Perhaps a December one celebrating the 1st anniversary of the 02 show. B)

Just read on Ross Halfin's site that there will be a new Classic Rock mag about Zep.

Really? That's good to know. I would think (hopefully) that would tie in with some sort of official news when it comes out.

We will all know in due course, I guess with people wko are in the know and want to leak a little hear and there is a bit like surburban Britain !! keeping up with the Jones so to speak<_< .. some people get so caught up in that sort of thing !! But if anybody on here really does know what the score is and is keeping silent, then cool on them(trust iis the name of the game ), its fun for the rest of us mere mortals coming up with funny suggestions like Dave Grohl singing for them :)

keeping up with the Jones so to speak<_< :lol: I like your style, Leddy!

As regards the trust thing - I agree 100%. If I was lucky enough to be in the privileged position of having a direct line of contact to one or more of the band, I would keep shtum, no matter what. To have that position of trust would be an honour, and there's no way on this earth I would ever jeopardise that.

And Dave Grohl - nice guy, but please - no!

a short list of floridians that have made a name in music as a vocalist:

gloria estefan-miami sound machine

rob thomas-matchbox 20

pat boone-white leather shoes, white boy tutti frutti

roger mcguinn-big byrd

lennon murphy-solo singer

scott stapp-creed

rex smith-70's heartthrob, broadway musical artist

tom petty-rock icon

jim morrison-deceased door

rob thomas-matchbox 20

roger mcguinn-big byrd

scott stapp-creed

rex smith-70's heartthrob, broadway musical artist

tom petty-rock icon

The thing is he might not have been born in Florida, he may just be a resident there.

rob thomas-matchbox 20

roger mcguinn-big byrd

scott stapp-creed

rex smith-70's heartthrob, broadway musical artist[/]

tom petty-rock icon

:o :o :o:lol: That made me laugh outloud! What was that totally over the top cheesy movie he was in where he played a guitar teacher?

Archived