Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

I know!! I couldn't believe that either when I read about it. And apparently all he mumbled was "Please kill me". I was surprised too when his former boss described him as a hard worker with no issues.

See that's the thing, people often say things like that but I don't know if I buy it. If anyone's ever read THE GIFT OF FEAR, there are always signs. Even with this guy, who did indescribable things after beheading poor Tim, there are whispers coming out about how he behaved strangely (he spent four days in a psyche ward or something like that). It's people like that that slip under the radar and don't necessarily give cause for a second thought so long as they do their job. But seething underneath are those signals, and then they explode.

See that's the thing, people often say things like that but I don't know if I buy it. If anyone's ever read THE GIFT OF FEAR, there are always signs. Even with this guy, who did indescribable things after beheading poor Tim, there are whispers coming out about how he behaved strangely (he spent four days in a psyche ward or something like that). It's people like that that slip under the radar and don't necessarily give cause for a second thought so long as they do their job. But seething underneath are those signals, and then they explode.

So true. I never worry too much about the person who has the stereotypical look of an odd ball. It's the everyday average looking person that suprises us. I've seen it too many times and it really is scary stuff when they flip.

Re: Stephen Page of BNL. I see him all the time in the beaches, and seriously thought it was just an allergy *sniffle*

And Paul McCartney, don't get me started on him......

PaulBlewIt2.jpg

Glad you found the place . Look forward to talking. Lot's of Canucks here

Sounds a bit unctuous to me!

120 grand a year? I may have to move a bit north of the border!

I have connections in that neck of the frozen tundra :lol:

Try finding a place to live. The average price of a trailer lot is $250,000. That's if you can find one. Average house price $ 750,000 for a small bungalow.

Toronto Zep Fans:

Was anyone affected by that big explosion over the weekend?

I'm worried about you, Roxie , ronniedawg...queen without a king...let me know if you and your friends and family are ok.

Juliet

Edited by Juliet

Toronto Zep Fans:

I'm worried about you, Roxie , ronniedawg...queen without a king...let me know if you and your friends and family are ok.

Juliet

Juliet, you are such a sweetheart. :wave:

Thankfully, I was not affected by this disaster. Watching the latest news regarding this, all affected by this are lucky to be alive. It happened at a time when people were in their homes and not walking outside....just thinking how horrible the outcome could have been gives me chills. So far it appears there are only two casualties: A firefighter and an employee of the plant (the latter has been missing for a few days :( )

I feel awful for those who have been directly affected by this and haven't been allowed into their homes since the accident. Some people's homes may not be habitable anymore. :(

Horrible.

I appreciate your concern Juliet.

Toronto Zep Fans:

Juliet

Thanks Juliet! I'm not near where that explosion happened, but what a nightmare that must have been for the people affected. Absolutely horrible. :(

Try finding a place to live. The average price of a trailer lot is $250,000. That's if you can find one. Average house price $ 750,000 for a small bungalow.

So I've heard.... :o

Those damn Albertan oil barons get ya coming and going,don't they?Brrrrrrrrr! ;)

Makes me shiver just thinking about it :lol:

I'm glad to hear that evrybody is ok. Terrible blast. I understand foul play has not been ruled out. Am I correct ?

Hey Ally :wave:

In the reports I've been following I don't think they are suspecting foul play. People affected are planning a major lawsuit against the propane plant. I wish them luck with it. They certainly deserve compensation for this disaster. Reports have confirmed it's been three years since the plant was last inspected. :angry:

In the reports I've been following I don't think they are suspecting foul play. People affected are planning a major lawsuit against the propane plant. I wish them luck with it. They certainly deserve compensation for this disaster. Reports have confirmed it's been three years since the plant was last inspected. :angry:

There's also the question as to why the city allowed a propane plant in the area at all.

I wish them luck in being compensated ,they're gonna need it. Aside from damages, there's the soaring costs in they're property insurance. If they can get any at all.

Hi:

Glad to hear all TO Zepfans were not affected...

I saw a list on the Hamilton news of these plants...there's alot in Ontario...some small..some large...

I hope the victims get compensation.. The mayor of TO said it's a provincial regulator who makes these decisions about the propane places...If there hasn't been an inspection in 3 years...then that inspector should get his walking papers right into a jail cell and throw away the key!!!!!

Juliet :angry:

Hi:

Glad to hear all TO Zepfans were not affected...

I saw a list on the Hamilton news of these plants...there's alot in Ontario...some small..some large...

I hope the victims get compensation.. The mayor of TO said it's a provincial regulator who makes these decisions about the propane places...If there hasn't been an inspection in 3 years...then that inspector should get his walking papers right into a jail cell and throw away the key!!!!!

Juliet :angry:

There are a lot of questions that need answered Juliet. I'm with you if negligence is the reason this plant went up. The general state of our infrastructure in this country is alarming to say the least. Let's see where this goes but I 'm guessing that we'll see plenty of finger pointing from all levels of government .

Sorry I forgot to return the wave back my friend. :) Alway's nice to read your posts