Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

What an amazingly intelligent(not to mention coherent and articulate) post!

Carefull with this guy PJ.He's been stalking me around the board with his mad ramblings.

I might have to get a restraining order.Sheesh. He even wrote me a song.

Oh Ally

and you too Babs

Keep drinking Blue Moon

In all thy sons command

With glowing hearts, we see thee rise

the true beer good but not free

And stand on guard, Oh Sabres, wee stand on guard for thee

Blue Moon keep our land

All fucked up and free

Oh Ally and Babs we stand on guard for thee

Oh Ally and Babs we drink Blue Moon for eternity!

Edited by Babs

Carefull with this guy PJ.He's been stalking me around the board with his mad ramblings.

Oh Ally

and you too Babs

Keep drinking Blue Moon

In all thy sons command

Blue Moon keep our land

All fucked up and free

awwww how sweet

I kinda like mad ramblings, as long as they don't degenerate into insults and name calling. Even a Canada thread is no place for that type of behaviour(it's not a hockey game in here after all)

Oh Ally

and you too Babs

Keep drinking Blue Moon

In all thy sons command

Blue Moon keep our land

All fucked up and free

Ah Mr Babs! At least I didnt cut down your anthem like that other guy. And while I have you

Sabres 5 Flyers 2 :P

awwww how sweet

I kinda like mad ramblings, as long as they don't degenerate into insults and name calling. Even a Canada thread is no place for that type of behaviour(it's not a hockey game in here after all)

Well Im not the first one to bring up hockey in here. Go back and see that Leafs fans postings.

Well Im not the first one to bring up hockey in here. Go back and see that Leafs fans postings.

either I'm not understanding you or you're not understanding me. It's a Canada thread, of course people are talking about hockey

I seriously don't understand your post

either I'm not understanding you or you're not understanding me. It's a Canada thread, of course people are talking about hockey

I seriously don't understand your post

You said its not a hockey game on here. Thought you were insinuating that I shouldnt be talking hockey on here. Oh just forget it.

You said its not a hockey game on here. Thought you were insinuating that I shouldnt be talking hockey on here. Oh just forget it.

oh ok sorry for the misunderstanding

the other guy said something about mad ramblings and I said mad ramblings were ok as long as they didn't start fights

oh ok sorry for the misunderstanding

the other guy said something about mad ramblings and I said mad ramblings were ok as long as they didn't start fights

He should talk about mad ramblings. dont know how long you have been in touch with Mr Babs, but he can be quite a character at times himself. I guess he cant take a joke.

He should talk about mad ramblings. dont know how long you have been in touch with Mr Babs, but he can be quite a character at times himself. I guess he cant take a joke.

seems to be alot of that going around in the world :unsure:

people should realize that other people aren't always serious

Oh Ally

and you too Babs

Keep drinking Blue Moon

In all thy sons command

Blue Moon keep our land

All fucked up and free

Crack. Here's to you Babs. :P

Where art thou Babaroony you loony? Im here drinking some more Blue Moony! :P

I:

I believe the phrase should go like this "Wherefore art thou?"

I had to clarify that for you otherwise I will have a visit tonight from the ghost of William Shakespeare...He's a nice guy but he usually wants to chat and chat and chat...and I gotta sleep..ya know!!!

Juliet

Aretha, Steely Dan set for Montreal jazz fest stage

Swing legends slated for Battle of the Bands

The Queen of Soul will take the stage in Montreal this summer as part of the Montreal International Jazz Festival, organizers announced Tuesday.

aretha-franklin-cp-4319379.jpg

Aretha Franklin performs at the 2008 MusiCares tribute in Los Angeles last month where she was honoured as their person of the year.Aretha Franklin performs at the 2008 MusiCares tribute in Los Angeles last month where she was honoured as their person of the year.

(Mark J. Terrill/Associated Press)

Aretha Franklin is set to perform two concerts — on July 3 and 4 — for the upcoming edition, according to an initial festival announcement unveiling several acts.

Fusion troupe Steely Dan is also slated to headline two concerts during the popular summer festival.

Organizers will introduce the festival's first ever Battle of the Bands event this year, closing the festival off with a bang as swing legends the Glenn Miller Orchestra faces off against the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra on July 6.

More performers joining the lineup will be announced as the festival approaches.

The 29th annual Montreal International Jazz Festival takes place June 26 to July 6.

Each year, thousands of musicians from around the globe and upwards of two million music fans descend on Montreal to participate in what organizers bill as the world's largest jazz festival.

Though jazz is the main event at more than 100 venues around the city, organizers weave performances by artists from a variety of other musical genres into the mix.

Just curious. What say the Canadien media these days about the upcoming election? After all, they have to be somewhat concerned as to who we have as a president. Our relationship has been better in my opinion and needs to return to a better place. We are neighbors and friends. But I will say that in recent yrs England has been our best friend. Not Canada.

Why is that? What has England done for you lately(exception being the support for the Iraq war)?

Just curious. What say the Canadien media these days about the upcoming election? After all, they have to be somewhat concerned as to who we have as a president. Our relationship has been better in my opinion and needs to return to a better place. We are neighbors and friends. But I will say that in recent yrs England has been our best friend. Not Canada.

HI I:

There is a big kafoufle in Parliament now over the Prime Minister's chief of staff making a boo-boo..He leaked something that had something to do with Free Trade and Obama...

I don't really understand all the details...but the oppostion parties want the staffer fired..the Prime Minister says there will be an investigation...

Juliet

Le sob. Big whoop. I wouldnt want to be friends with someone who voted ol' Bush in twice in a row. Or were supportive of your war.

Those damn habitants!

Anyways, I don't see how Canada hasn't been friendly? I guess being your number one trade partner is one thing, finishing a war that the U.S. started and quickly abandoned for another one that was by every standard imaginable a foolish one.

Yep, we're really unfriendly.

Your gripe has to do with one border patrol officer who happened to be in a bad mood. I assure you that many similar situations have occurred going in the opposite direction.

And by the by, it's "CanadiAn".

Because of the nasty border patrols that dont want us in the country now that our dollar is not worth what it once was. There are many an acrticle and complaint about Canadien border patrol problems. And Ill tell you this. they wouldnt let me in because of a traffic violation I had over 30 yrs ago that was long ago resolved. Not even in the records here in US but they had it. The English have been much freindlier to us than the Canadiens.

That's unfortunate. I can tell you that i see multitudes of American plates in the Toronto area so somebody is getting through.

A friend of mine was refused entry in the late 80's. Like you, he had a trafic violation 10 years prior and was honest enough to tell them about it at the airport....DENIED! Before boarding our plane to beautiful Hawaii, i told him to wait for the next shift to come on and try again, BUT DON'T TELL THEM ABOUT THE VIOLATION! Next morning, we get a knock on the door in Waikiki and lo and behold, there is Ron looking like something that the cat dragged in. We had quite the party that day, let me tell ya...

ANyway, Canucks will need a passport to get into the States shortly which is outrageous. I can understand the concern with 9/11 but you see a minivan with a family of 4 going to Orlando and common sense tells you that they just want to spend money.

What is happening at the border is Governmental. The posturing of both Governments means hardship and frustration for the people who wish to travel freely. The pretense is protecting the interests of the nation but with all government issues, you will get a complete lack of common sense...as usual.

With regards to the media, who cares? They have their own agenda and it depends who you read. Like Government, there is Liberal media and Conservative media. People choose what they feel they need to hear, regardless of the fact that it's rarely accurate. I sincerely hope that the next president pay's more attention to the economic situation of the country and less attention on foreign affairs. The United States should be doing much better than they are and you have to wonder who or what is holding it back....and why.