Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

RUSH Jam With FOO FIGHTERS In Toronto;

According to the Sun Media, RUSH singer-bassist Geddy Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson surprised the crowd by showing up about an hour into the FOO FIGHTERS' two-hour-and-10-minute performance to play with drummer Taylor Hawkins during his drum solo and the three musicans then played "YYZ", a spiralling progressive-rock instrumental from RUSH's 1981 album "Moving Pictures".

The Toronto prog-rockers injected some much-needed energy and excitement into the proceedings and Hawkins even had a hug for Lee afterwards.

"Rush! Rush!" screamed FOO FIGHTERS leader Dave Grohl in amazement as the two musicians walked off stage.

"You've got nuts the size of grapefruits," said Grohl to Hawkins after he played with Lee and Lifeson.

The members of the two bands know each other through Nick Raskulinecz, a U.S. record producer who has worked with both groups, most recently on RUSH's "Snakes & Arrows" album in 2007.

Watch fan-filmed video footage of last night's jam below.

Where is the best place in the Canadian Rockies to spend a vacation?

When are you planning to go and what kind of holiday are you planning : Camping with the family ?

Hey Bouncing:

Bon Chance..Good Luck...

Juliet xo

PS Get some sleep instead of posting @ 3 a.m.,eh?

Hey. Arent you that Leafs fan? thanks for not helping us. Your team layed down like weasels against a Boston team that is lucky to be where they are. The Maple Laughs are done.

I'll be joining the forces on april fools and also will be roll'n up a corporation on the side.

It ain't war that that im bringing, cause......im a bring ma hat, pa.

B)

Got to keep on roll'n people

Hi B'ing...a nickname for ya...

You haven't written back so I assume you are getting ready to set sail tomorrow..

Bon Chance....le soldat canadien.....Good Luck....Canadian Soldier

Juliet :D

Edited by Juliet

Russell Peters to host Junos

By BILL HARRIS -- Sun Media

Buckle up and brace yourself, Canada.

Fearless, boundary- busting and world-renowned Canadian comedian Russell Peters is hosting the 2008 Juno Awards, which take place Sunday at the Pengrowth Saddledome and will air nationally on CTV.

"It's exciting, you know," Peters said. "And it also is fascinating that they actually are trusting me to do it."

Certainly, Peters has a reputation for his willingness to say just about anything, and to broach just about any subject, no matter how controversial.

Do the organizers of the Junos understand what they have done? Are they prepared for what they have unleashed?

"I think they're going to be graciously regretful," Peters predicted.

He was kidding, of course.

We think.

The Juno Awards annually celebrate the best in Canadian music. The broadcast this year is scheduled to feature performances from more than two dozen artists, including Avril Lavigne, Feist, Finger Eleven, Hedley, Jully Black, Measha Brueggergosman and Michael Buble.

Anne Murray will appear in special duet performances with Jann Arden and Sarah Brightman, while Aaron Lines, Gord Bamford, Johnny Reid, Paul Brandt and Shane Yellowbird will perform in an all-country musical tribute to the host city and province.

So, Russell Peters, are you a fan of any of the musicians who will be performing, or who are nominated for the various Juno trophies?

"Nope, not a one," Peters said. "Anne Murray, I would say I'm a fan of her. But that's about it. None of that other (bleep) impresses me at all.

"So that's why it's fun for me to do this, because I'm not going to be in awe of anybody."

But hang on a minute -- Peters quickly made a slight amendment to that statement.

"Triumph, that's going to be cool," said Peters, referring to the legendary Canadian rock band that is going to be inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame as part of the Junos extravaganza.

The Juno Awards have moved around Canada in the past several years, in an effort to promote the event as the most important night on the calendar for Canadian musicians.

Nelly Furtado was the host last year in Saskatoon. She was preceded by Pamela Anderson (2006, Halifax), Brent Butt (2005, Winnipeg), Alanis Morissette (2004, Edmonton), Shania Twain (2003, Ottawa) and the Barenaked Ladies (2002, St. John's).

Peters said he realizes that when hosting an event such as this, the goal is to help facilitate the proceedings, but never to overpower them.

"I fully understand when I'm hosting events that it's not about me, it's about the event," Peters said. "I've hosted many events in the past, like the Urban Music Awards, or Gilda's Club, and just hosting talent shows.

"My forte in that arena is making it fun and keeping it together and making it about the event."

Besides, after the opening monologue, things like the Junos or the Oscars or the Emmys or the Geminis kind of take on a momentum of their own.

"When you really break down your hosting duties, you're on at the beginning, the middle, and maybe the end, you know?" Peters said. "Walking that line is not really a stretch for me. I'm not panicked about that."

So, all kidding aside, is Russell Peters suggesting the Junos organizers shouldn't be panicked that he is hosting the show?

"If you set the bar low, no one ever can be disappointed," Peters said. "I've been doing that my entire career.

"You know what I am? I'm like a silent fart. You don't hear it, but ... "

No need to finish the thought. We smell what you're saying.

"Just try not to (bleep) on me after the broadcast," Peters requested. "But no matter what happens, you always can say, 'Well, he did warn us.' "

Hi B'ing...a nickname for ya...

You haven't written back so I assume you are getting ready to set sail tomorrow..

Bon Chance....le soldat canadien.....Good Luck....Canadian Soldier

Juliet :D

Stay safe B'ing and Thank You

Royal Canadian Air Farce set to end

The Royal Canadian Air Farce, one of Canada's longest-running comedy troupes, will be grounded after next season, CBC announced on Tuesday.

The venerable weekly sketch comedy TV show, known for its topical mix of political and social satire, will produce nine regular episodes in the fall before ending with its traditional New Year's Eve gala special.

airfarce-cbc.jpg

The cast of CBC-TV's Royal Canadian Air Farce will perform the season finale on Friday. (Russ Martin/CBC)

"It's just time," original cast member and producer Don Ferguson told CBC News on Tuesday afternoon.

"We've done pretty much everything we wanted to do. The ratings are still good. I want to be in charge of my own exit."

Ferguson also said he didn't consider what day had been chosen for the announcement.

"I didn't even realize it was April 1 that we were doing this, that it was going to come out…. It's not a joke, but it's a great date for us to announce it. April Fool's Day, why not?"

The secret to the show's long run, he added, was keeping the audience the main priority.

"We've only ever worried about [each] week's show and how the audience is going to respond to it," Ferguson said.

"If we can make real, living, breathing Canadians laugh about what's going on in Canada and the world and life in general, it's a great gig."

Radio beginnings

Originating with a Montreal comedy troupe in 1970, Air Farce debuted on CBC Radio in December 1973, eventually producing more than 600 broadcasts over 24 years.

The show was introduced to CBC-TV audiences in 1980, after which came a 10-episode series and several once-a-year TV specials over the next few years.

After the 1992 New Year's Eve special proved popular with viewers, Air Farce became a mainstay of CBC-TV beginning in October 1993. After running on both CBC Radio and CBC-TV, the show moved exclusively to television in 1997.

Last year, to celebrate its 300th episode, the producers, cast and crew staged an hour-long, live-to-air show.

They subsequently decided that, beginning this season, all shows would continue with the live format. In addition to original members Ferguson, Roger Abbott and Luba Goy, the current cast features Penelope Corrin, Jessica Holmes, Craig Lauzon and Alan Park.

Air Farce's current season finale airs Friday.

"We remain in discussions with [producers Abbott and Ferguson] about upcoming projects," said CBC spokesman Jeff Keay.

Ally:

I have been reading the CTV website...I don't see any mention of a Canadian regiment leaving today for service overseas...

Do you think Bouncing Ship's mission is not supposed to be announced?

Juliet

Well... I honestly don't know. That's puzzeling

Well... I honestly don't know. That's puzzeling

What the hecks going on people?...how did you guy's get info on my mission? who's the rat?lol

Ill try to bring back some "ewwwwwwwwwwui....ewwww/feel'n/music/philharmonic/...". Let's hope no one rips me off this time.:)

:oB)

some of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUpk0XLHK8

with a lil bit a this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpFGonYaF14...lated(UFO's lol)

and a tinch of...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzroIquVy0Y

Ohh wait, i forgot...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2r3C0PJ1LM&feature=related

watch and learn people

B):o

Thanks for the support...I love you all!!! i really do

What the hecks going on people?...how did you guy's get info on my mission? who's the rat?lol

Ill try to bring back some "ewwwwwwwwwwui....ewwww/feel'n/music/philharmonic/...". Let's hope no one rips me off this time.:)

:oB)

some of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUpk0XLHK8

with a lil bit a this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpFGonYaF14...lated(UFO's lol)

and a tinch of...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzroIquVy0Y

Ohh wait, i forgot...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2r3C0PJ1LM&feature=related

watch and learn people

B):o

Thanks for the support...I love you all!!! i really do

The main thing is that you get back. Stay safe my man

I'll be joining the forces on april fools and also will be roll'n up a corporation on the side.

It ain't war that that im bringing, cause......im a bring ma hat, pa.

B)

Got to keep on roll'n people

Hey B'ing:

Here's the post where you told us about your adventure..

Juliet :wave:

PS If the PM visits ..ask him if he ever listens to a group called Led Zeppelin?

Hey B'ing:

Here's the post where you told us about your adventure..

Juliet :wave:

PS If the PM visits ..ask him if he ever listens to a group called Led Zeppelin?

I hope he gives me the face "What the hell do you think!!!"...

you ladies act like angels...hopefully my generation will get a grip sooner or later.