Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Hello;

I am in absolute shock over the Canadians losing to the Russians last eve in the Junior Hockey final in Buffalo...

Juliet :tears:

The place was nuts. I was at the tent next to the Arena filled with red jersey wearing Canadiens watching the end of the US and Sweden game waiting for the jackass's to let us iin the Arena. There was a band. I had to wait to get int the arena to get a molson. All they had was labbats piss water at the tent. Hate the stuff. Very shocking outcome indeed. Russia sure never quits. I wish I could have seen the insanity at the border going back last night. I hope there were alot of designated drivers. My seats were in the clouds. I am used to having good seats at Sabres games. I am disgusted with the prick that got us the seats. Anyone need a program? ha. I doubt it. Not unless you are from Moscow.

The place was nuts. I was at the tent next to the Arena filled with red jersey wearing Canadiens watching the end of the US and Sweden game waiting for the jackass's to let us iin the Arena. There was a band. I had to wait to get int the arena to get a molson. All they had was labbats piss water at the tent. Hate the stuff. Very shocking outcome indeed. Russia sure never quits. I wish I could have seen the insanity at the border going back last night. I hope there were alot of designated drivers. My seats were in the clouds. I am used to having good seats at Sabres games. I am disgusted with the prick that got us the seats. Anyone need a program? ha. I doubt it. Not unless you are from Moscow.

The kids took their foot off the gas and paid the price. However, let's give credit where credit is due. The Russian kids really took it to us in the 3rd period and fully deserved to walk away with the gold medal.

The kids took their foot off the gas and paid the price. However, let's give credit where credit is due. The Russian kids really took it to us in the 3rd period and fully deserved to walk away with the gold medal.

I dont know Ally. Something bothers me with the system when a team starts out 0-2 and gets to the medal round with a 2-2 record. I mean, this game was not intended for one game win all. It should be a series like in the NHL playoffs. Finland, the US and the Swedes could all have won just as easily as Russia or Canada. Finland being a very good team and overlooked. Its great hockey and fun to watch. But are the Russians really the best team? Doubt it. I think Canada and Sweden are both just as good.

I dont know Ally. Something bothers me with the system when a team starts out 0-2 and gets to the medal round with a 2-2 record. I mean, this game was not intended for one game win all. It should be a series like in the NHL playoffs. Finland, the US and the Swedes could all have won just as easily as Russia or Canada. Finland being a very good team and overlooked. Its great hockey and fun to watch. But are the Russians really the best team? Doubt it. I think Canada and Sweden are both just as good.

These kids don't have the time to play in such a long series. They have commitments to their junior teams, domestic leagues, etc. All on international hockey is structured in the same way too, so there really is no reason to have the juniors tournament be any exception.

I understand where your coming from but as alinds stated...it is the way of things and it's been that way for as long as I can remember. Canada has won it's share of gold medals under this format so we can't complain when another country wins . The Russian kids beat us fair and square so for this year at least, they are the World Junior Champions. Unlike the Olympics, the good thing about this tourney is that it comes around once a year so if the brass at Hockey Canada don't have an unecessary melt down over this loss, we'll have a chance to see another very good - excellent Canadian Junior team try to win the gold back.

I understand where your coming from but as alinds stated...it is the way of things and it's been that way for as long as I can remember. Canada has won it's share of gold medals under this format so we can't complain when another country wins . The Russian kids beat us fair and square so for this year at least, they are the World Junior Champions. Unlike the Olympics, the good thing about this tourney is that it comes around once a year so if the brass at Hockey Canada don't have an unecessary melt down over this loss, we'll have a chance to see another very good - excellent Canadian Junior team try to win the gold back.

I doubt it will ever be in Buffalo again, but Buffalo certainly did a fine job of hosting it. I would say it was a big success. Even people that are not hockey fans came out and it really had people interested locally. Its bigger in Canada for sure, but Buffalo is a great hockey town and Im sure many from Ontario will vouch for that.

I doubt it will ever be in Buffalo again, but Buffalo certainly did a fine job of hosting it. I would say it was a big success. Even people that are not hockey fans came out and it really had people interested locally. Its bigger in Canada for sure, but Buffalo is a great hockey town and Im sure many from Ontario will vouch for that.

Absolutely !

Very sad news.....Actor, Peter Donaldson has passed away...He was to perform in RICHARD III this year at The Stratford Festival...He has played roles in Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe, King Lear, Three Penny Opera and many other productions...

Peter is survived by his wife, actress, Sheila McCarthy and two daughters.

http://www.stratfordfestival.ca/

Take note of the autograph. Now was he a 67 Leaf? Sorry I dont know him. My first live game ever was 1968, the Quebec Aces beat the Rochester Americans 8-7. Hooked ever since.

No, he was with the Roger Neilson Leafs in the late 70's. Stole a quarter final series against the heavily favoured Islanders in 78

• 2 months later...

HEY EVERYONE:

BE SURE TO WATCH THE JUNO AWARDS SUNDAY EVE...@ 8.....ON CTV....hosted by DRAKE....It could be later in Atlantic Canada

Shania Twain..Neil Young..Arcade Fire..Down With Webster...Broken Social Scene...Sarah McLaughln.....Sarah Slean..the list goes on...

0 CANADA

Atlantic Canada will be watching the Junos at 9pm...9:30 in NFLD.

When you see the list of artists Juliet just posted it will likely be a good show.

Hey, while checking the guide I noticed there is a Celine Dion special on right now!!! wacko.gif

OOOOPS...posting that on the wrong forum aren't I?

I actually went to one of her concerts about 20 odd years ago. All I can say is as a young male in heat, and the number of female fans she had/has...you do the math.

Atlantic Canada will be watching the Junos at 9pm...9:30 in NFLD.

When you see the list of artists Juliet just posted it will likely be a good show.

Hey, while checking the guide I noticed there is a Celine Dion special on right now!!! wacko.gif

OOOOPS...posting that on the wrong forum aren't I?

I actually went to one of her concerts about 20 odd years ago. All I can say is as a young male in heat, and the number of female fans she had/has...you do the math.

Welcome mini:

Thanks for this and your post in the thread 'On The Radio"

May I add one word to your post ......the word being "CANADIAN" in the phase "young male"....lol......I'll get out my calculator and do the math......

Juliet :wave:

Edited by Juliet

Did Hannah Georgas win? Her song, "Deep End" is a good one.

It was a shut-out for her last night. O for 2. She had 2 nominations, an up and comer for sure.

Arcade Fire walked away with 4 Junos, that aughta keep their Grammy some company up on the old mantle.

It was good to see a couple of old greats last night too, Robbie Robertson, Neil young and Randy Bachman.

Speaking of good looking broads up here, Sarah McLachlan and Shania Twain were also on last night. Never been a huge fan of either...but are they ever cute...er, I mean talented. Ya, that's it.

Edited by MINI_Zoso

THE JUNOS were excellent..

I loved Sarah Harmer's cover of Joni Mitchell's tune, Carrie. This was part of a tribute to Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, Neil Young and The Band...BRAVO...

Neil Young accepted The Humanitarian Award. His speech was graceful, a bit humourous and definitely humble...He even smiled...

A great night of superb talent...Arcade Fire....Hedly... Sarah McLauchlin were some of the performers....Drake was a super host...nice to see clips of JUNOS AWARDS from the past...

Juliet :cheer:

PS May we remember at this time ROGER ABBOT...not a musician but a fine Canadian comedian/actor who was part of the comedy troupe, The Royal Canadian Air Farce..He passed away...R.I.P.

Edited by Juliet