Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

:watchingyou:

Bring it, man. BRING IT! :P

:slapshot:

:nhl_checking:

You see Pay, it did not jinx you did it? Payback is a bitch. What is that, the fourth time in five years you have sucked one out on us? And that is exactly what it took even with a miserable performance by my team. You still got lucky. You are getting better, I will give the Leafs that. But we now have some money of our own. Maybe the Leafs and Sabres rivalry is being born? I still cant get up for playing the Leafs. Its not like Philly or Montreal. It will take some time. And a couple more outcomes like last night. The Leafs looked more tentative againstt us to me than they have recently so that is why I say you got lucky. You were all over the place in your own zone.

Next year Pat. The Leafs will return to the playoffs.

We'll see, Silver, we will see...

Oh Pat! Oh Juliet! Good luck in Boston tonight. Seriously.:D

Got some real nice shots of downttown Toronto during the Sabres game there. I love going to that city. Lots to do. Great city.

And you should post some pics!

Hi SM:

THE LEAFS WON LAST EVE.....Toronto is ok...

Stratford is my fav getaway now..I wish I could go this weekend but I'm working...They are having a neat event to celebrate the return of the swans from their winter quarters to The Avon River..The swans will be in a parade which includes a pipe band..they are accompanied down to the river...there's activiites for kiddies and adults including concerts...sounds like a great time for all.... http://welcometostratford.com/swans

Juliet

Edited by Juliet

Hi SM:

THE LEAFS WON LAST EVE.....Toronto is ok...

Stratford is my fav getaway now..I wish I could go this weekend but I'm working...They are having a neat event to celebrate the return of the swans from their winter quarters to The Avon River..The swans will be in a parade which includes a pipe band..they are accompanied down to the river...there's activiites for kiddies and adults including concerts...sounds like a great time for all.... http://welcometostratford.com/swans

Juliet

Leafs still Alive and I commend them for a great finish and effort. Better days ahead. Now I have to go against your Blue Jays. Not so easy to beat them.

Not wanting to turn this into a goose thread, but, a near by soccer (football) field had to be shut down last summer due to it being covered in their POO! Unfortunately/fortunately they are considered a pest around here. Saw a bunch of these crappers today...spring is here.

Edited by MINI_Zoso

CBC's 1 Day to capture snapshot of Canada

CBC is asking Canadians to haul out their video cameras for a project that will provide a snapshot of the country on a single Saturday in April.

The 1 Day/1 Jour project is a cross-Canada initiative by CBC and Radio-Canada that will see every eligible video posted online and many incorporated into a two-hour documentary to air in August.

"We want Canadians to film moments from their day: everything from a kid losing a tooth, to proposing to your girlfriend, to baseball tryouts, gazing at the stars, working the night shift, walking your dog," said Leora Eisen, 1 Day supervising director.

Everyday life 'compelling'

Organizers are seeking everything from simple everyday moments to monumental events in an attempt to provide a picture of how Canadians live on April 30, 2011.

"We're used to glimpsing other people's lives on YouTube and it's compelling," Eisen added.

To encourage participation, there will be a contest for the best video, with a prize including a trip to the debut screening and an iPad 2.

The two-hour documentary, slated for broadcast Aug. 21, will be a collaboration of the footage from CBC crews and amateur submissions.

Earlier projects, such as YouTube's Life in a Day and the CBC documentary Feeding New York, have been set in a 24-hour period.

Eisen says she hopes the editing process will help draw out the things that Canadians share. For example, children in New Brunswick and children in Alberta might be in soccer tryouts on the same day.

"It really is all about catching a moment in time and flavour of the country and the CBC's in a unique position to do that," she said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-lcWBBILY

Edited by The Pagemeister

Back From The Dead: The Tea Party

n10159464532_357302_7950.jpg

The planets have aligned, good karma is abundant everywhere and yin is completely in sync with yang. Get out your incense, tablas and a glass of absinthe because The Tea Party have reunited!

The Windsor, Ont. trio, who split up in 2004, will play a bunch of festival dates this summer, according to CBC News. They'll perform at Sarnia, Ont.'s Bayfest on July 9 and it'll be the first time they've played together in six years. They've not yet confirmed what other festivals they'll play.

Back in February, CHARTattack spoke to singer/guitarist Jeff Martin about the possibility of a Tea Party reunion, which he coyly said there had been "some lines of communication between mutual friends" and people hoping for a reunion "should never say never."

Looks like there's been some significant hustling over the last few months.

Martin released an album with his new band, Jeff Martin 777, earlier this year. He's playing some solo dates this spring, and you can see him here:

April 15 Broome, Australia @ The Beach Bar at Divers Tavern

May 10 Kincumber, Austraia @ Lizottes

May 11 Newcastle, Australia @ Lizottes

May 12 Cronulla, Australia @ Brass Monkey

May 13 Windsor, Australia @ The Vault

May 14 Bulli, Australia @ Heritage Hotel

May 15 Ringwood, Australia @ Coach & Horses

You can see the Jeff Martin 777 here:

May 1 Brisbane, Australia @ The Hi-Fi Ballroom

May 3 Eumundi, Australia @ Joe's Waterhole

May 4 Byron Bay, Australia @ The Northern

May 5 Adelaide, Australia @ Fowlers Live

May 6 Melbourne, Australia @ Prince Bandroom

May 7 Sydney, Australia @ Gaelic Theatre

May 21 Perth, Australia @ Rosemount Hotel

MOST AWESOME TEA PARTY NEWS, PAGEMEISTER!

aleister-crowley-teapot.jpg

On a related note ...

4 Mar 2011 0

Press: Jeff Martin 777: Led Zeppelin, Egypt And Aleister Crowley Jeff Martin 777: Led Zeppelin, Egypt And Aleister Crowley

by By Trevor Morelli (CHARTattack)

Jeff Martin can’t wait to hit the road with his new band, Jeff Martin 777. There’s just one small problem: he needs to figure out how to play his own songs first.

Sitting in a Vancouver hotel room a few weeks before the tour starts, surrounded by guitars, the former Tea Party frontman pondered how to re-arrange the complexities on the band’s The Ground Cries Out debut LP so they work on a single guitar. It’s no easy task, but he’s rejigged songs many times before.

CHARTAttack recently had a chance to talk to him about this dilemma, Led Zeppelin’s influence, the teachings of Aleister Crowley, the crisis in Egypt, and how they all come together on The Ground Cries Out.

Here’s how it went down:

CHARTattack: It’s been over two years since you released an album with your last band, The Armada. What’ve you been up to since then?

Jeff Martin: I’ve been producing. I produced a band called The Eternal from Melbourne and they’re doing quite well in Australia. I also produced a band called A Thousand Needles In Red. I did a single for them.

I’ve also been doing a lot of other things on the side. Back in the ’90s, it was no skin under the cuff to give a band a quarter of a million dollars to do a recording. Nowadays, that’s basically the budget that the label has for the entire year, if you know what I mean. Is that a necessary thing that had to happen for the music industry to move forward? Maybe it was.

The guitars on The Ground Cries Out continue your style of using open tunings and intricate compositions. Is it fair to say that this album is not easy to play live?

Well, it’s the blessing and the curse. With the new record, I’m very proud of what I’ve accomplished as a composer.

The live guitars pissed me off. The composer in me decided it was cool to do four or five different tunings in one song. As I sit and talk right now, I’ve got three six-string guitars and two 12-string acoustics that I’m using to distill the songs into one tuning to play live.

It’s nothing new. It’s the same thing I used to do with The Tea Party. I’ll take it to planet fuckin’ Neptune and then have to come back to Mercury. That’s the challenge and that’s what makes it fun. It keeps the alpha waves moving in a forward direction.

Songs like “Queen Of Spades” and “1916″ contain arrangements reminiscent of some of Led Zeppelin’s acoustic songs. Was that intentional?

Yes. With this record, I had to — out of purpose — rebuild a studio with Malcolm (Clark, drums). We rebuilt Malcolm’s studio to world class standards. It’s the best kept secret in Perth (Australia). Nobody knows it’s there. It had to be done. I’m not the type of cat that could ever record in an apartment with just put some drums in the corner. Everything needs to be of the quality of the zenith of Led Zeppelin.

I produced the record, recorded it and mixed it, but the final thing is mastering, where it all becomes pixie dust magic. George Marino, who remastered the Led Zeppelin catalogue on CD, did the mastering. We used these Duntek speakers that were very specific speakers used in the ’70s. I wanted a precise drum sound so Malcolm used a John Bonham reissue kit, massive drums in a big room.

“The Ground Cries Out” is the first single from the record. Why did you choose that title for the album as well?

I spent some time in Egypt in 1999. I lived in Luxor for three months. I got to know all of the people — high class, middle class, and lower class.

While I was there, I bought an old synthesizer. It’s like a regular piano scale except that it has all of the quarter tones built in, so it’s cool as shit. The melody for “The Ground Cries Out” was the only thing I played on it, and then I put the song away in the vault.

Now fast forward to today and the events of the last month. Egypt is the most powerful of the Arabic countries and the people have cried out. If there’s a more relevant rock song on Canadian radio today, then someone please tell me what it is.

I’m so proud of the people of Egypt. It’s been a groundswell and the ground has cried out. Thinking about the Sufi way of life — the most tolerant, loving part of Islam and a very prominent part of Egypt — the song is really a celebration of what they are going through right now.

Seven is traditionally considered a lucky number in some Asian and Middle Eastern cultures. Is that why the new group is called Jeff Martin 777?

That’s actually not really it at all. It comes from Aleister Crowley.

Jimmy Page was interested in Crowley; I think his was more to do with the artifacts and perhaps maybe the fashion, but I could be wrong.

My thing is his teachings. There are some that are quite poignant, especially with what I’m going through day to day, and there are other teachings that have no right or space in my psyche. There’s a book that he wrote called 777 and that book for me is the schematic for my life.

I don’t want to freak people out. That’s my own heavy and it doesn’t really go beyond my headspace. When we get on stage, it’s all smiles and all we want to do is make people happy. If people want to go deeper, they can go to our website (www.jeff-martin.net) and look into Crowley’s teachings and things like that.

My link

• 3 weeks later...

CANADIAN FEDERAL ELECTION RESULTS

Prime Minister got his wish.....Conservative Majority..

The real news is The New Democratic Party led by Jack Layton....they are for the first time...in Canadian history

drumroll please..............THE OFFICIAL OPPOSITION

Juliet :drumz:

PS THE OTHER PARTIES .....LIBERAL AND BLOC....have left the building....well there leaders have or will be leaving on the next train....ALL ABOARD!!!!

Edited by Juliet

CANADIAN FEDERAL ELECTION RESULTS

Prime Minister got his wish.....Conservative Majority..

The real news is The New Democratic Party led by Jack Layton....they are for the first time...in Canadian history

drumroll please..............THE OFFICIAL OPPOSITION

Juliet :drumz:

PS THE OTHER PARTIES .....LIBERAL AND BLOC....have left the building....well there leaders have or will be leaving on the next train....ALL ABOARD!!!!

With just a touch of Green on the side!

Well, I guess we're now officially a politicaly polarized nation. Not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing for the country. I'm interested in how my fellow Canadian posters feel about it

Well, I guess we're now officially a politicaly polarized nation. Not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing for the country. I'm interested in how my fellow Canadian posters feel about it

I'm not at all happy about the election results. Can't stand Steve Harper and have absolutely no trust in him or any of his cronies.

With just a touch of Green on the side!

How terrible of me not to include THE GREEN PARTY.....another first...Elizabeth May, the leader, upset the Conservative candidate, Gary Lund...

Elizabeth has the first and only seat won by the Green Party ...BRAVO....

According to an add in The Hamilton Spectator, ANVIL is opening for Alice Cooper this month when he performs in Hamilton...

I won't be going....to any concert...due to the excessive price of gas. No politician is willing to cut the high taxes on gas...perhaps Alice can talk to the CEO of Suncor and/or Stephen Harper if he meets either on the golf course somewhere

Juliet :coffee: