Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Edmonton played at Rochester tonight for the championship of indoor Lacrosse. Edmonton blew a 5-1 lead and lost.

When I was a kid, it was called box lacrosse. Same as the indoor game but played in a boxed outdoor court at various municipal parks in the city of Vancouver. Basically, it was the summer sport you got sent to when your parents wanted to teach you a lesson. Nothing but a bunch of young guy's kicking the living Jesus out of each other :lol:

When I was a kid, it was called box lacrosse. Same as the indoor game but played in a boxed outdoor court at various municipal parks in the city of Vancouver. Basically, it was the summer sport you got sent to when your parents wanted to teach you a lesson. Nothing but a bunch of young guy's kicking the living Jesus out of each other :lol:

Somehow Edmonton managed to blow a 5-1 lead and lost the game. We won a title. Big deal. I could care less.

I don't know much about Canada, but they did produce Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen,two of the best singer-songwriters ever

Plus Pam Anderson and her two t!ts that are great also!

;)

Edited by Walter

• 4 weeks later...

The drunk was well over his limit. He asked the bartender were he was from. "I'm from Canada", was the reply.

"Canada!", shouted the drunk. "The only people in Canada are hookers and hockey players!"

A huge bruiser next to him turned and said, "Hey, my wife's from Canada!"

Noting the bruisers 250 pounds, he meekly said, "And what position does she play, sir?"

PLATINUM BLONDE RETURNS WITH NEW MUSIC AFTER 12 YEARS:

TORONTO, ON – Platinum Blonde have officially announced their return after 12 years releasing their new single Beautiful (Fontana North) and a performance at The Mod Club in Toronto June 16. Featuring original members Mark Holmes (Vocals) and Sergio Galli (Guitar) with Rob Laidlaw (Bass) and Dan Todd (Drums), Platinum Blonde unveil “Beautiful” to radio on June 18, in anticipation of new material to be released in the near future.

“I'm aware that there are thousands of bands throughout the years who have tried this seemingly impossible route of returning to former glory, but our route lies in making new glory,” explains Mark Holmes, vocalist of Platinum Blonde. Written by Holmes and produced by Murray Daigle, Rob Laidlaw and Holmes, Platinum Blonde's first single “Beautiful,” is an mélange of crisp rock with electro-pop overtones that will rejuvenate fans and appeal to new audiences of alternative and electronic music today.

Platinum Blonde's debut EP Six Track Attack (1983) solidified the group as Canada's new wave genre innovators. Multi-platinum selling follow-up albums Standing In The Dark and Alien Shores spawned numerous chart-topping singles including “Standing In The Dark,” “Doesn't Really Matter,” and their #1 hit “Crying Over You.” The corresponding music videos showcased the band's unique visual aesthetic and bold style allowing them to dominate the music video formats introduced to television at that time. Each release generated colossal success, including 7x Platinum album sales and multiple JUNO Award nominations.

Since parting ways in the early 1990s, Holmes founded internationally acclaimed Toronto's club venue, The Mod Club, allowing him to further explore his musical evolution as DJ MRK, which has heavily influenced the spirit of Platinum Blonde's new music. In 1999, their greatest hits compilation Seven Year Itch: 1982-1989, peaked at #1 and stayed at the top of the sales charts for three weeks. Most recently, Platinum Blonde received the great honour of being inducted into the Music and Broadcast Industry Hall of Fame in 2010 and Canadian electronic duo, Crystal Castles, revived Platinum Blonde's “Not In Love,” featuring Robert Smith of The Cure; introducing Platinum Blonde to a new generation of listeners.

Check out the single at: itunes.apple.com/ca/album/beautiful-single/id535287054?ign-mpt=uo%3D4 and the and at: platinumblondeworld.com.

Hello:

What's going with between Marilyn Manson and Avril Lavigne?..There's a blurb on MUCH MORE today that reports Marilyn would not date Avril because she's Canadian...a few weeks ago there was a blurb that stated they were dating...Does anyone have the real truth about these two?

I heard Justin Bieber was caught speeding to avoid paparazzi who were following him.."The Biebs" was driving a Fisker!! :rollin:

Edited by Juliet

• 3 weeks later...