Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

I agree. I couldn't believe it when Harper was elected. But then Ford was elected mayor of Toronto. I can't believe he's allowed to remain in office while he prepares his appeal. What a buffoon.

For me personally, it's not so much an issue of who the elected party is, it's more an issue of keeping whatever party that is, as accountable as possible. I just happen to think that the parliamentary system in this country, works better when there is a strong voice in opposition. It doesn't stop the majority being able to push through controversial legislation but it does force them to answer the tough questions that should be asked. That process makes news and people become informed.

• 5 weeks later...

For me personally, it's not so much an issue of who the elected party is, it's more an issue of keeping whatever party that is, as accountable as possible. I just happen to think that the parliamentary system in this country, works better when there is a strong voice in opposition. It doesn't stop the majority being able to push through controversial legislation but it does force them to answer the tough questions that should be asked. That process makes news and people become informed.

Well whatever you have has to be better than having this guy in office. I will never know how he got there. I don't know one person that voted for him but they are out there. Is there Welfare in Canada? I know you have your own problems with the medical system. Ours is going through alot of major major shit and I do not see a happy ending. Pharmacy companies are running out of generic drugs. My ins co just paid $1,400 for a bottle of pills. Crazy. The prices have skyrocketed. Just like you guys we also have to wait forever for surgeries and procedures

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised the impact of his passing has had on Canada as a whole over the last 12 hours from age groups all over

I think it's because many feel that a little bit of Canadiana has been lost with his passing

Edited by ally

He did a radio ad for PEI tourism many years ago and sung the phone number at the end...8 double zero 565-7421! I still remember the number!!! And I can still hear him singing it.

Next time you hear thunder it will be Tom just a stompin'!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

I've seen and heard tundra swans in the area..they are huge wihite birds that are migrating from the south northward..this is a sure sign of spring or that spring is around the corner...they are huge birds but the sound they make is light and high pitched...much different then the Canadian geese sound that is loud and brash!!!

Anyone else checking Commander Chris Hadfields pics and tweets? Gotta say he impresses me and he is very interesting! Loving what he is doing at the moment, engaging the world.

just a little bit here and there but not enough. Did see some of his photos...thanks for the reminder...gonna go check now

Must be getting old, I woke up this morning being rather proud of Canada, the old Dominion for all of its faults, of which there are many, really is the greatest country on earth to live in.

Yes it hits me more too as I get older. Just wish the spring weather would come soon, sigh.

• 3 weeks later...

Charles:

The Junos have come a long way since the early 80's...It's Juno week in Regina with lots of events leading up to the show on Sunday...I think it's so exciting especially for the young people who have chosen to be Canadian musicians.......Bravo to all nominees...k.d.lang will be honoured....

Edited by Juliet

I'll be watching Juliet, especially with the honour to be given to KD Lang....she is one of my all time favs...cheers!

Love K.D. As well. The way she sings Cohen's Hallelujah is powerful. Might have to check it out, love to support Canadian artists.

Over 2000 Canadians running at the marathon yesterday. Not including family and support. Sad to see our flag lying in that attack. This is an international attack in my view. My good friend was a finisher in the top 1000 and had gotten out before this attack. Spoke to him and this race was a highlight in his life he stated it was well organized, beautiful sunny day and he had a wonderful race. He appears to have been traumatized how it ended. What a shame!

On another note we have had recent home grown terrorists come to light recently. Young men from relatively normal functioning households to be recruited somehow and gone extreme. Scary stuff. This is not just a U.S. issue.

Thoughts and well wishes sent to the recent victims.

Over 2000 Canadians running at the marathon yesterday. Not including family and support. Sad to see our flag lying in that attack. This is an international attack in my view. My good friend was a finisher in the top 1000 and had gotten out before this attack. Spoke to him and this race was a highlight in his life he stated it was well organized, beautiful sunny day and he had a wonderful race. He appears to have been traumatized how it ended. What a shame!

On another note we have had recent home grown terrorists come to light recently. Young men from relatively normal functioning households to be recruited somehow and gone extreme. Scary stuff. This is not just a U.S. issue.

Thoughts and well wishes sent to the recent victims.

My mom had a good friend there with her husband. They were cheering on their daughter who was in the race. they were one block away but heard the blasts and then all the sirens etc....you never know. You gotta live every day!.....Luc Doucet, Sarah Mclaughlin;s guitar player was in the race but he and his wife are ok....scary shit.

My mom had a good friend there with her husband. They were cheering on their daughter who was in the race. they were one block away but heard the blasts and then all the sirens etc....you never know. You gotta live every day!.....Luc Doucet, Sarah Mclaughlin;s guitar player was in the race but he and his wife are ok....scary shit.

Wow, glad they were ok. I hope they find who is responsible soon. I am glad to see guitar player runners out there. ;)