Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Do tell me what the Canadians are saying about this madness in the USA over the next election.  Now if you read this Sam, this is not a political topic in itself.  Its only a question regarding our friends to the North and their take on the media and public perception of this crazy madness.

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Do tell me what the Canadians are saying about this madness in the USA over the next election.  Now if you read this Sam, this is not a political topic in itself.  Its only a question regarding our friends to the North and their take on the media and public perception of this crazy madness.

America is a country which I don't really understand anymore - they insist you take your shoes off before you board aircraft, and when standing around even with a full erection on they insist on patting you down and get upset with you if you cum over them after they have touched you. I find the whole thing a bit funny

4 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

America is a country which I don't really understand anymore - they insist you take your shoes off before you board aircraft, and when standing around even with a full erection on they insist on patting you down and get upset with you if you cum over them after they have touched you. I find the whole thing a bit funny

Just as funny as trying to get through Canadian customs without being treated like a convict

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to speak about Canadian politics or it's relationship with their (madder) southern neighbours, but what I will say is I had the privilege and delight to live in Canada for eight weeks in June-August 2007 (visiting family who was studying at seminary), just outside Winnipeg in Manitoba... wonderful country, wonderful people, and there hasn't been a day since that I wish I wasn't back there, I wouldn't have left if I didn't have to!!!  I had a chance to return there again for a month in 2009 (travel expenses paid to boot!) and I foolishly declined for personal reasons, damn.

Oh Canada indeed.

12 minutes ago, Strider said:

Oh Canada! What has happened to your hockey teams?

I doubt this will happen again in our lifetime.  The Leafs are getting better and maybe they will be better than Montreal for the first time in ages?  Vancouver is in rebuild mode and I see the Sedin's leaving this off season?  We know Edmonton is on the rise with McDavd and I say they are the most likely to break through next year. 

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I doubt this will happen again in our lifetime.  The Leafs are getting better and maybe they will be better than Montreal for the first time in ages?  Vancouver is in rebuild mode and I see the Sedin's leaving this off season?  We know Edmonton is on the rise with McDavd and I say they are the most likely to break through next year. 

Absolutely, being shut out of the playoffs this year is gonna put a zap on the Canadian NHL teams' heads- they have to pick it up next year, all of them, otherwise the Canadian teams are collectively gonna be treated like a real life Charlestown Chiefs...where are the Hanson Brothers when you need 'em, eh? :lol: 

On 4/17/2016 at 10:06 AM, The Old Hermit said:

Not going to speak about Canadian politics or it's relationship with their (madder) southern neighbours, but what I will say is I had the privilege and delight to live in Canada for eight weeks in June-August 2007 (visiting family who was studying at seminary), just outside Winnipeg in Manitoba... wonderful country, wonderful people, and there hasn't been a day since that I wish I wasn't back there, I wouldn't have left if I didn't have to!!!  I had a chance to return there again for a month in 2009 (travel expenses paid to boot!) and I foolishly declined for personal reasons, damn.

Oh Canada indeed.

I adore Canada.  I have a uncle who lives in Calgary and when I visit it's like going to a whole other country...  hehe.  I think Yogi Bera would have said it that way.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Juliet said:

ALL:

Please say a prayer for all those affected by wildfires in Fort McMurray in Alberta...most have had to evacuate..

ALL Fort McMurray residents have been forced to evacuate. It's a fuckin' mess, one of the worst natural disasters in Canadian history. We have friends who live up there, they lost everything except a handful of items and the clothes on their backs. They said the scariest part was the fire grew exponentially on the town in less than an hour- the cops gave people half an hour to pack up and get the hell out. Scary shit indeed. Fucking amazing that there have been no serious injuries or loss of life.

That kind of thing could easily happen where I live (we get wildfires cropping up close to town damn near every year) but I live in a town with about 1500 people- not seventy thousand. Where the hell do you put seventy thousand people?

Edited by Nutrocker

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...