Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

Sorry Canadians, but you guys have the worst, most long drawn out, uninspiring national anthem. A torture to listen to!

Are you kidding? Have you watched a nascar race lately.Have another drink.

Good Evening/Bon Soir DrunK:

Are you refering to the English or French version?

There's also a version where you sing some lines in English and some in French...that version rawks..

Juliet :o

I'm sorry. I am not sure. I remember hearing a version in English. I just know if was awful to listen to.

I think Canada is a great country, although I've never been there. I've heard and read enough to know a bit. But yeah, the anthem is mightily bad.

I'm sorry. I am not sure. I remember hearing a version in English. I just know if was awful to listen to.

I think Canada is a great country, although I've never been there. I've heard and read enough to know a bit. But yeah, the anthem is mightily bad.

I love OH CANADA . Great anthem Great country.

Edited by Babs

I'm not trying to stir anything up.

Yeah, everyone has an opinion, right? Most people's opinions are retarded, brainwashed, bullshit. I am not saying that you or the Canadian people's opinions are like that. However, I have very good taste. The anthem, in my mind, is what I have previously described. Sorry.

Do you like your anthem DRUNK? If I told you your anthem was horrible and dragged on and on

and on and on.....fffttt..would you be pissed .You've served your country.You're patriotic.

Nationalistic. How would you feel.I find our anthem kinda catchy.Understated with a quiet dignity. Just like us.

I also like your's although it's more like a Vegas review.A bit on the violent side though.

Felix Lavalee wrote O Canada....

An interesting story about Felix.. He like many Canadian musicians didn't have much success until he left the country..

Juliet

PS I've always seen Felix on the sheet music for O Canada but after doing a Google search on him it turns out his real name is Calixa...

PSS There's alot of info about O Canada from the HERITAGE CANADA website. It has both English and French versions as well as more history about the tune...

PSSS BABS....I'M PROUD OF YA!!!!!

Edited by Juliet

Felix Lavalee wrote O Canada....

An interesting story about Felix.. He like many Canadian musicians didn't have much success until he left the country..

Juliet

PS I've always seen Felix on the sheet music for O Canada but after doing a Google search on him it turns out his real name is Calixa...

PSS There's alot of info about O Canada from the HERITAGE CANADA website. It has both English and French versions as well as more history about the tune...

PSSS BABS....I'M PROUD OF YA!!!!!

Back in the days when good Ol' Calixa wrote the Anthem, It was meant as a Patriotic song for the French Canada, but someone stole it from us... :angry:

B) So, each time you're singing it, just remember you're singing a Quebecois patriotic song!

Back in the days when good Ol' Calixa wrote the Anthem, It was meant as a Patriotic song for the French Canada, but someone stole it from us... :angry:

B) So, each time you're singing it, just remember you're singing a Quebecois patriotic song!

:o:D

Oh Ally

and you too Babs

Keep drinking Blue Moon

In all thy sons command

With glowing hearts, we see thee rise

the true beer good but not free

And stand on guard, Oh Sabres, wee stand on guard for thee

Blue Moon keep our land

All fucked up and free

Oh Ally and Babs we stand on guard for thee

Oh Ally and Babs we drink Blue Moon for eternity!

I replyed on the insomnia thread my man.

Hello:

I stayed at home over the weekend and decided to try and watch the hockey game.

The Leafs played against the Washington Capitals..SCORE LEAFS 3 CAPITALS 1

Juliet

PS I'm trying to educate myself on hockey and how the teams progress to the finals. It's unlikely the Leafs will be in the finals because they are not in the top eight for their division..They are part of the Eastern Division...

PSS For their remaining games.......GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!

Edited by Juliet

Hi I:

I know the Leafs' days are numbered....you don't have to remind me..

I can still edit my earlier post because I found an error...they are not in the WEST DIVSION...They are part of the EAST....

Juliet

PS GO LEAFS GO......NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!! BRING LORD STANLEY HOME,EH????

I am not Canadian but i have been there a few times.Windsor,Toronto,Halifax,Vancouver Beautiful country .I also met a lot of nice people.love you guys up there so Hi nieghbors.closest i have seen a Zep related show to you was Seattle Washington

robertplant11june85tacomawashington.jpg

seattlekingdomeledzepticket77.jpg