Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

FLICK OFF

I saw this ad on Much Music or Much More Music where many Canadian personalities including a rapper and rockers were ordering people to 'FLICK OFF'. It's an energy saving campaign..

I resent the totalitarian quality to this ad...

Many people need their lights on for health and safety reasons in this country...so whoever is behind this propaganda campaign.....ya need to F***k O*** and create a campaign sans sun glass wearing rockers who should not drink and drive....

Juliet

Edited by Juliet

Re: Tim Horton's employee fired for giving away a timbit (value: 0.16 cents) to a small child.

This story has been getting a lot of air time and it's starting to annoy me. Unfortunately, I disagree with the masses that are siding with the employee. First of all her job is to sell coffee and baked goods and NOT give them away for free. It is not her store so she can't give away free stuff whenever she feels like it.

Then the public gets involved saying so what, it's only 0.16 cents etc...So it's ok to steal if it's under a certain amount? For me, it's not the value of the friggin' timbit it's the principle. If she wanted to give away the timbit she should have put 0.16 cents into her till. She didn't and that is stealing and trying to justify it by saying it's only 0.16 cents is what's annoying me. If there are going to be rules/laws they need to be followed otherwise why have rules at all? If they're going to bend the rules for her then why not everyone else?

I think firing her was unnecessary. That's what I disagree with. They should have spoken to her/given her a warning. After the story came out and media and public got involved, and Tim Horton's has re-hired her. Some people have said this incident has caused them to seek a caffeine fix at another coffee shop....what fools.

And this is the other thing that makes me mad. Tim Horton's has become the bad guy and the employee who started this whole thing is the victim.

Edited by the queen without a king

Mystery illness stops train in northern Ontario

http://www.canada.com/topics/bodyandhealth...82-ce3d09a45224

Canwest News Service

Published: Friday, May 09, 2008

FOLEYET, Ont. - Health authorities remain puzzled by an unfolding medical emergency aboard a Via Rail train that has left one woman dead and others seriously ill.

Up to 10 of the 264 passengers were showing flu-like symptoms and have been taken by ambulance to hospital in Timmins, Ont. None of the other passengers are being allowed off the train.

"We are still trying to determine the nature of the medical situation," Health Canada spokesman Alistair Sinclair said.

Edited by The Rover

Lighten up on Timmy H's. They make so much profit that a small good will gesture under the expense of "advertising" is something they do all the time. Every time I go to one of our local Timmy's they offer my puppy a timbit. What I'm buying far out spends the cost of .16 cents. It smells to me like sour grapes against they accused employee by someone, probably another employee.

Stay tuned for the continuing story of ......AS THE DOUGH THICKENS....or I'd like a double double tim-bit......ooopss I mean coffee

Hey Juliet , My Mom's best friend dated Tim Horton .

She didn't get free coffee. That wasn't very classy.

:unsure:

Lighten up on Timmy H's. They make so much profit that a small good will gesture under the expense of "advertising" is something they do all the time. Every time I go to one of our local Timmy's they offer my puppy a timbit. What I'm buying far out spends the cost of .16 cents. It smells to me like sour grapes against they accused employee by someone, probably another employee.

I understand what you're saying. I often order a pack of timbits only to go home and find two or three extras in there. It happens and many Tim Horton's employees do it. So if many employees do it, then it's ok?

Perhaps, if the employee involved in this 'timbit fiasco' didn't hand out free product whenever she felt like it, she wouldn't have given a fellow employee the opportunity to get her fired over a timbit.

I had a friend who worked at Tim Horton's and everytme I or anyone she knew went there she'd hand them their coffee and whisper, "This one's on me, just take it" I refused each and every time and I told her not to do that. She responded by saying "...it's no big deal and they make shitloads of money..." :blahblah:

To me, them making shitloads of money, or the every-body-does-it thing are just excuses and it shouldn't change the fact this women should have just said "I was wrong, I shouldn't have done that." I hate when people don't own up to something and instead turn around and use every excuse under the sun to try and prove they didn't do anything wrong. It starts with something as trivial as a timbit... :huh:

Edited by the queen without a king

Hey Juliet , My Mom's best friend dated Tim Horton .

She didn't get free coffee. That wasn't very classy.

:unsure:

Sounds like a good episode for ......AS THE DOUGH THICKENS....OR....I'D LIKE A SOUP AND SANDWICH COMBO BUT HOLD THE MUSTARD...I HEAR IT'S AN EXTRA .16

Hello:

I'll send this message now...

I hope all Canadians have a great Victoria Day weekend..in honour of Queen Victoria's birthday..

It is always held the third weekend in May. It is also known as the May 2-4 weekend

Stay safe...don't drink and drive...enjoy the weather and whatever you will be doing...

Juliet xo

Hello:

I'll send this message now...

I hope all Canadians have a great Victoria Day weekend..in honour of Queen Victoria's birthday..

It is always held the third weekend in May. It is also known as the May 2-4 weekend

Stay safe...don't drink and drive...enjoy the weather and whatever you will be doing...

Juliet xo

You too Juliet ! We're finally getting some spring weather here Hopefully it stay's :unsure:

You too Juliet ! We're finally getting some spring weather here Hopefully it stay's :unsure:

Gonna be a great long weekend .BBQ spring salmon from the Queen Charlottes.

Red Red Wine. I got 4days off .To all my Canadian Brothers and Sisters,I salute you. :beer:

Keep up the good work Juliet :wub:

Gonna be a great long weekend .BBQ spring salmon from the Queen Charlottes.

Red Red Wine. I got 4days off .To all my Canadian Brothers and Sisters,I salute you. :beer:

Keep up the good work Juliet :wub:

And to you Babs. That salmon sounds great. I might have to change my mind about Sunday dinner B)

And to you Babs. That salmon sounds great. I might have to change my mind about Sunday dinner B)

Hey ally,I got a great fishmonger over my way.The spring salmon is in season as well as the spot prawns.Get 'em while they're fresh my man.The salmon is nice with a little alder smoke too.

:burp:

Hey ally,I got a great fishmonger over my way.The spring salmon is in season as well as the spot prawns.Get 'em while they're fresh my man.The salmon is nice with a little alder smoke too.

:burp:

Actually, I might be at the Gillnetter Pub on Sat. That's pretty close... right !

That's just down the road.They make a great burger.Hmm maybe I'll pop in. :beer:

I'll pm you if we're going for sure. Would love to have you join us

It's a little drizzly today but wow, Sat. and Sun. were super. It was great to just sit outside and soak up a few ray's. It's been a long time in coming

Hi Babs and Ally:

You pubbing get together sounds like it was fun..

I worked most of the weekend then I went to a pub. I wanted to hear some live music and a friend's band was playing. He had an openig act that played mainly original stuff. They both rawked!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUR MAJESTY ...AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE IN YOUR HONOUR!!!!

Juliet

PS LONG LIVE MAY 2 4 WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

'