Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

m_fe4ba03e31254a9693629fa9ec4f68c3.jpg

Band Website www.crashkarma.com

Band Members EDWIN, MIKE TURNER, JEFF BURROWS, AMIR EPSTEIN

Influences Great Music

One band I'm VERY excited for. Considering at one point IME, The Tea Party, and Our Lady Peace were all my fave bands! Glad to see Edwin in "band format" rather than the solo thing.

Good Morning All:

The Much Music Video Awards are on Sunday eve @ 9 or 6 PT on the Much Music station

Performers include Nickleback, Lady Gaga, Alexisonfire, Rise Against, Kelly Clarkson, Black Eyed Peas, Billy Talent and more..

Juliet :wave:

PS HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE WEEKEND EVERYONE...

Hello:

I wish I could say I really enjoyed this show but I didn't. I only enjoyed the Black Eyed Peas and Shiloh's tunes. The aerial shots were making me dizzy during the Billy Talent tune performed on a roof.There were alot of teens and tweens in the audience. The dull roar of their screaming eventually put me to sleep. I didn't see anything after the 3,000,000th scream.... Sorry Lady Gaga and Nickleback....never heard ya..and don't ask me to watch a repeat if there is one later this week..

Juliet

PS Edwin is a great singer, Roxie...Have fun...

Edited by Juliet

m_fe4ba03e31254a9693629fa9ec4f68c3.jpg

Band Website www.crashkarma.com

Band Members EDWIN, MIKE TURNER, JEFF BURROWS, AMIR EPSTEIN

Influences Great Music

One more plug for them for those in the T.O area - June 30th at The Horseshoe Tavern for Nu Music Nite. See ya there.

Regarding The CUPE 416 strike in Toronto:

It seems like only yesterday Union Local 416 CUPE was going on strike in Toronto.

I think all these employess are incredibly selfish making ridiculous demands (18 sick days....are you effing serious?) and ruining the beginning of summer with stinky piles of garbage lining the streets. In these tough economic times, most people are glad to have jobs. I think these emplyess of CUPE 416 ought to be ashamed.

What makes me even madder is the fact that our tax dollars (as Torontonians) are paying for services we are not receiving. Seems ever since David Miller has taken over Toronto, it's one strike after another...Toronto USED to be a great city. What the hell happened? :mad:

Why can't gov't related jobs with unions just settle on the standard yearly % hike for good ??

Whatever -- 3%

Is that sufficient , I think so. Today's economy is not the brightest and many are happy to just be gainfully employed.

My honest overall opinion of this era's economic climate is :

Learn to accept, live with less if so and be tremendously grateful for what you do have.

It's still one of the greatest places to be.

OH CANADA ---

Cheer

z

Why can't gov't related jobs with unions just settle on the standard yearly % hike for good ??

Whatever -- 3%

Is that sufficient , I think so. Today's economy is not the brightest and many are happy to just be gainfully employed.

My honest overall opinion of this era's economic climate is :

Learn to accept, live with less if so and be tremendously grateful for what you do have.

It's still one of the greatest places to be.

OH CANADA ---

Cheer

z

:goodpost:

When all the other unions have negotiated similar contracts and the city council just gave themselves a raise then I can see where CUPE is coming from.

Alinds:

I hear ya...I would also add that our wonderful federal politicans have had no cutback to their salaries or fat pensions yet they expect workers to make major concessions and/or not expect raises...

I challenge our leaders to LEAD BY EXAMPLE and DO NOT GIVE ANYMORE OUTRAGEOUS SEVERANCE PACKAGES TO CEO'S

Juliet :soapbox:

Edited by Juliet

Alinds:

I hear ya...I would also add that our wonderful federal politicans have had no cutback to their salaries or fat pensions yet they expect workers to make major concessions and/or not expect raises...

I challenge our leaders to LEAD BY EXAMPLE and DO NOT GIVE ANYMORE OUTRAGEOUS SEVERANCE PACKAGES TO CEO'S

Juliet :soapbox:

Our Premier, Gordon Campbell gave himself a 46% increase last year. It's insane.

His minions averaged about 20%. I got 1.8%.

I hate politicians :angry:

Here in Toronto we have a garbage strike going on. There is garbage everywhere, This city is a joke.

I was going to ask you about this. I saw it on CNN yesterday. Trash piled up all over the place. A couple vacationing from Montreal said how awful it was and that their beautiful city would never be like this.

As a fan of HGTV i see alot of real estate shows that take place in Toronto and the waterfront area in particular is so pretty. I hope this strike ends soon so you can get your beautiful city back.

Here in Toronto we have a garbage strike going on. There is garbage everywhere, This city is a joke.

Hi Spats:

I heard that our Premier doesn't think the garbage strike poses any health risk so he's not passing back to work legislation.

What is he waiting for?? ....another outbreak of SARS or something worse before he will take action..

I wanted to come to Toronto this week but cancelled my plans..sorry..can't afford to get sick or have some rodent and/or roach jump into my suitcase and travel back home with me!!! :rollin:

Juliet :wave:

Edited by Juliet

• 1 month later...

Hey Fellow Canadian Zep fans;

Check out The Toronto Star in particluar the LIVING page under the horoscope section..they acknowledge Robert's birthday and include his pic... :cheer:

Juliet :coffee:

That's nice to know! I'll have to check that out. Thanks Juliet!