Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

That was one awesome storm yesterday! Afterward two rainbows appeared simultaneously. I hope everyone's all right :) Our east coast neighbours are in for a trying time with hurricane Bill headed their way. Stay safe!

Well...the storm wrecked my days off...I was away but came home because of this forecasted storm that happened @ 6 p.m..it was very bad but worse for people in Durham (north of London) and Vaughan (north of Toronto)..one young boy was killed in Durham while trying to take cover at a campground.

I shouldn't complain..I did not lose hydro, my car did not get damaged and I am alive and well...

My thoughts are with those who are seriously affected..especially the family who lost their child..

Juliet

Edited by Juliet

Well, I'm sure some of you have heard of this story...

http://www.theweek.com/article/index/99792/The_manhunt_for_Jasmine_Fiore_murder_suspect_Ryan_Jenkins

The man who murdered Jasmine Fiore is now on the run probably to his native Canada as the article says.

Hi CB:

I briefly heard about this gruesome story yesterday. It is frequently on the news today (CTV, CBC, CNN). It is very sickening. The authorities think he may be driving his own car. I'll be on the look out for a car with an Alberta licence plate.

Juliet :angry:

PS There's one report that states he may not get the death penalty if he goes back to the US.WTF? :wtf:

Edited by Juliet

Hi CB:

I briefly heard about this gruesome story yesterday. It is frequently on the news today (CTV, CBC, CNN). It is very sickening. The authorities think he may be driving his own car. I'll be on the look out for a car with an Alberta licence plate.

PS There's one report that states he may not get the death penalty if he goes back to the US.WTF? :wtf:

Hi there!

It is sickening, and I watched the VH1 show once or twice, and its kinda scary because the woman they were fighting for love is a bikini model :o

Hi CB:

He won't get far.I think the whole of Vancouver is on the lookout for this guy. Apparently his mother lives in the False Creek area.

If he gets apprehended in Canada, he will not get the death penalty. It's against the Charter to extradite a person to face the death penalty.

See U.S. v. Burns

He was found dead today in his motel room in Hope BC. Apears to be suicide

If he gets apprehended in Canada, he will not get the death penalty. It's against the Charter to extradite a person to face the death penalty.

See U.S. v. Burns

Perhaps the Charter needs to be reviewed...just as the Amber Alert is now being reviewed in Ontario

Juliet

PS I wonder what went wrong with Ryan? Someone needs to find out.I wonder if the post mortem could give up any answers...did he have a disease, brain tumour, etc?

Edited by Juliet

Much Music former VJ Steve Anthony was interviewed on CTV re. MM's 25th anniverary..he said MM doesn't play many videos anymore because fans are choosing You tube where they can see their fav video immediately...

I suggest MM rename itself then..and Steve...there are videos in programs such as FRENCH KISS...the rest of the station is really starting to bother me..I will keep it as part of my cable package for now..because the A&E network is part of that package and I like that network..I don't mInd Much More Music because they have played Robert's and Alison's videos..

Juliet :coffee:

Edited by Juliet

Much Music former VJ Steve Anthony was interviewed on CTV re. MM's 25th anniverary..he said MM doesn't play many videos anymore because fans are choosing You tube where they can see their fav video immediately...

I miss those days when I enjoyed MuchMusic! Are they doing anything special for their 25th? I remember for their 10th when they did some cool stuff.

Hi Roxie:

I don't know what is planned for MM's 25th...Yes I also miss the days when Michael Williams was a vj..his voice was so cool..Valerie Brown, Erica Ehm and Master T were also very good vj's

Hey Steve A....there are videos on MM...I saw Nickleback's Burn It To the Ground this am. The SPOTLIGHT show this am featured Billy Talent. CANADIAN ROCKERS RAWK,EH?

There are alot of reality shows in the eve that I despise with a passion!!!! Brooke Knows Best...Shot Of Love with Tila Tequila....ugh!!!!! GO AWAY!!!!!! :angry:

Edited by Juliet

I'm not Canadian, but I'm to the point where I wish I was. The people in this country (US) are freaking me out! If I had the money, I'd move there, ay.

BTW-I love the movie "Canadian Bacon". It's hillarious.

Lot's of crazies here too ...lol

Damn ! Why do my emoticons only work some of the time ?

Did anyone see the CBC special on early 80's Canadian Rock the other night ? Catch it if you get a chance. I thought they did a damn good job on Toronto's raggae scene.

I forgot all about 'Red Ryder'.

Haven't seen it bBong Man but will seek it out. Thanks :)

On a similar note . For anyone who's into the 60's scene in Vancouver , this may be of interest to you. A nice little time capsule of the era

The Cool Aid Album

http://regeneratorrecords.com/?pg=coolaid

Reading an article today in the London(Canada)Free Press about Marilyn Manson.. He performs at the JLC in the RBC theatre (seats @ 3000) this Saturday night...

At MM's Calgary show he wiped his behind on a Canadian flag...there was a brawl after the Winnipeg show where some police officers were assaulted and some fans were arrested...

I was feeling a bit distraught that I could not go to his London show just for interest and to see what everyone was wearing...not anymore...

PS Marilyn and Kanye...you both need to be grounded....then you should be ordered to visit all the empty factories and farms for sale..then do a benefit concert to help people who are in real distress in this country and your own!!!!!